Interesting/Odd behavior in a restaurant

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 5045
Beside our table in a restaurant this evening a young couple sat.  The male was about 20+- and he had this unusual or odd behavior:

Keeping his toes on the floor, he raised his heels about 3 cms, very rapidly and not unlike someone keeping time to music.  But much faster than any music I have heard.  Continuously, almost without a stop all during his meal.  Which BTW was a pizza.  I had one myself, they were very nice, nothing wrong with the food.  This up and down movement of his legs was like a strobe light.  It annoyed my wife and I thought it would bring on a migraine attack.  Constant flickering that you could not ignore.

So we spoke quietly to the restaurant manager about the effect this activity was having on us, he moved us to another table.  The manager thought it might be caused by nerves or insecurity on the part of the male.  At least the action was out of sight of my wife.  I could still see it clearly but looking directly at it was not as bad as seeing it in my peripheral vision.

Anyone care to explain this very irritating behavior .........
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

4reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6192
    Parkinson's disease?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hertz32Hertz32 Frets: 2248
    It's probably a nervous shake, I know people that do it. If it was the guys first date it's make sense! 
    Could be the chap has anxiety issues and was unconscious of it. 
    'Awibble'
    Vintage v400mh mahogany topped dreadnought acoustic FS - £100 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24909
    Restless leg syndrome?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    Sounds well annoying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    He's a leg jiggler. I used to do it and it drove my parents nuts. Worked with a couple of jigglers too and I can appreciate the slightly unsettling effect it can have. He was probably unaware he was doing it - I always put it down to something to do with resting your feet on your toes, like a nervous twitch or excess energy. If I put my feet flat on the floor I'd stop. For a bit. 

I think restless leg syndrome is something a bit more serious. 
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    I do it at times - I can't control it
    Stop crying, start buying
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745

Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6838
    It's a thing young men do when they have too much testosterone. Usually stops by the time they reach 65. 
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kinkin Frets: 1015
    Eat your pizza and talk to your dining companion instead of staring at the couple at the next table, no wonder he's nervous.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 20reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    Better than what I was looking at last night.  15.  Jesus Christ 15. SO we spoke to the restaurant manager about how our shit was especially scented and didn't stink one bit because we don' have arseholes.  Jesus Christ.  Give me  a break.  I have no concept of the world you people live in.  YOU are all insane.
    4reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5349
    there is nothing worse in life than someones twitchy legs getting in your line of sight whilst eating pizza.....winner of 1st world problem of the year award right here
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 16reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2016
    FFS's, Maybe they should just nuke us now because there is no hope.  Numpified numpty somethings breeding for generations too far to get back to humanity.  He should have urinated on your table.  I can't believe how some people are in this country.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23849
    Rocker said:

Keeping his toes on the floor, he raised his heels about 3 cms, very rapidly and not unlike someone keeping time to music.  But much faster than any music I have heard.  
    I think he was listening to DragonForce.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    This thread is a wind up surely?  I'm wound up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    various possibilities:

St Vitus Dance condition aka Sydenham's chorea

anxiety

nervous tension

motor restlessness

energy tension

ants in his pants

fidget bum

ADHD

side-effect of medication
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    One of the down-sides of eating in public, is that you encounter the public.

Best avoided perhaps....
  • stickersticker Frets: 872
    I used to do it when I smoked and needed a cigarette .
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    mgaw said:
    there is nothing worse in life than someones twitchy legs getting in your line of sight whilst eating pizza.....winner of 1st world problem of the year award right here
    Well said. When I take friends or family who have 'issues' to a restaurant, I always stand up, tap the nearest glass with a spoon, and apologetically explain to the other diners the nature and background of said issues, and reassure them that we will eat quick and leave so that any intolerant shits won't be put out too much!

I regularly visit Thomley Hall, a wonderful place where parents and carers can take people with issues and not worry about intolerant shits being around.  Talking to the others there makes you realise how uncomfortable such intolerance makes you feel, and how much more relaxing it is when they are not around.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

I do it sometimes when im at work. Not sure why.

Hope that helps.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12123
    Maybe he was nervous because an older guy was staring  at him, looking angry?

;-)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom