Interesting/Odd behavior in a restaurant

What's Hot

Comments

• IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6843
    tFB Trader
    Rocker said:
    Fascinating replies to my post guys.  An analysis of the posts suggest nerves as the most likely reason for this odd behavior. The guy in question was reasonably well dressed, he looked like he had enough cash in his pocket to pay for the meal so lack of funds is hardly the reason for all the jiggling of his legs.  He might have felt a little out of his depth eating or even being in that particular restaurant on that evening (there were other people in the restaurant and he might have felt more comfortable eating in Burger King).   It is probable that he did not know how to conduct himself when in the company of others.  But whatever the reason, his behavior was no better than that of a corner boy.   It was disrespectful for his lady friend and downright annoying for the other diners present.

I was hoping to be in the position to add that nobody on this forum would do a thing like that...........
    WTF?!
    http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    is this thread still going?   blimey.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    Fascinating replies to my post guys.  An analysis of the posts suggest nerves as the most likely reason for this odd behavior. The guy in question was reasonably well dressed, he looked like he had enough cash in his pocket to pay for the meal so lack of funds is hardly the reason for all the jiggling of his legs.  He might have felt a little out of his depth eating or even being in that particular restaurant on that evening (there were other people in the restaurant and he might have felt more comfortable eating in Burger King).   It is probable that he did not know how to conduct himself when in the company of others.  But whatever the reason, his behavior was no better than that of a corner boy.   It was disrespectful for his lady friend and downright annoying for the other diners present.

I was hoping to be in the position to add that nobody on this forum would do a thing like that...........

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23850
    Rocker said:

What an utterly extraordinary post.  Condescending, judgemental, illogical and incomprehensible.

But I'll limit myself to this...what in the name of all that's holy is a "corner boy"?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • 4114Effects4114Effects Frets: 3131
    tFB Trader
    Philly_Q said:
    Rocker said:

What an utterly extraordinary post.  Condescending, judgemental, illogical and incomprehensible.

But I'll limit myself to this...what in the name of all that's holy is a "corner boy"?
    I had to Google it ... apparently it's a lout or ruffian who loiters on street corners, up to no good.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29224
    I jiggle. In my last job, in the weekly sales meetings, I ended up taking in fiddle toys because otherwise I'd find that my pen was in bits and everyone was staring at me wondering why I was humming and tapping my feet. For me it's not nervousness; it's just much harder for me to concentrate while sitting still.

The chap in question might have been on the autistic spectrum; that sort of behaviour isn't unusual then. In fact there are so many plausible explanations that to think ill of him is ludicrous. Then again, it is possible that Rocker suffers from a lack of empathy, for which he should not be berated.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Sporky said:
    Then again, it is possible that Rocker suffers from a lack of empathy, for which he should not be berated.
    Hang on.  I got banned a little while ago for not towing the line on mass empathetic outpouring when it came to it and the sociopathic lynch mob all jumped in to have a go from their armchairs of righteousness. So how is that fair? 

Yep, it's because I've got ginger hair isn't it eh.  One rule for someone and another rule for another eh.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5045
    Yeah, perhaps the guy was nervous. But nerves is not an excuse for behaving like a slob :)
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24909
    How is having a nervous or autonomous response behaving like a slob?

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Surely his excess movement is the opposite of slob... Slobs tend towards less movement 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29224
    Rocker said:
    Yeah, perhaps the guy was nervous. But nerves is not an excuse for behaving like a slob :)
    What would be a valid excuse in your view? Autism? Motor neurone disorder? Epileptic fit? Heart attack? Catchy tune going around his head?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6944
    Rocker said:

Was it an Italian restaurant @rocker?

The poor lad was probably so stressed and nervous sitting near you.

At any given moment you could have dived on his plate and arranged his spaghetti into perfect horizontal lines  - and then spent the next 2 hours telling him it tasted better that way...
    Previously known as stevebrum
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12539
    Sambostar said:
    Sporky said:
    Then again, it is possible that Rocker suffers from a lack of empathy, for which he should not be berated.
    Hang on.  I got banned a little while ago for not towing the line on mass empathetic outpouring when it came to it and the sociopathic lynch mob all jumped in to have a go from their armchairs of righteousness. So how is that fair? 

Yep, it's because I've got ginger hair isn't it eh.  One rule for someone and another rule for another eh.
    It's not cos you're ginger. We just don't like you. 

;) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    Rocker said:
    100%

Anxiety - only slobs get that
    Autism - a bi-product of slobbiness
    Disease - wouldn't have got it if you weren't being a slob

You do keep digging yourself further into the same hole of ignorance
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27165
    I find myself totally in agreement with the OP.

If I wound up in the vicinity of somebody that judgemental and intolerant, I'd probably make a complaint as well.
    <space for hire>
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    Keep stoking the fire, we might make four pages at this rate...
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Sambostar said:

I agree with your sentiment.   I got barred too.   'Aint fair.   I wasn't abusive or anything.   I wan't nasty about anyone.

over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Maybe the leg shaking man had shit loads of cash and was excited about getting home to listen to his Mike and the Mechanics Greatest Hits CD on his Linn Accurate Exakt hi-fi system with all the Russ Andrews power leads and gold braided cables.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SambostarSambostar Frets: 8745
    Probably feels bad for those still stuck living in the third dimension.
    Backdoor Children Of The Sock
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13054
    Sambostar said:
    Sporky said:
    Except that isn't what happened at all.

0/10 must try harder.