Found a wallet this morning...

What's Hot

Comments

• JetfireJetfire Frets: 1717
    If nothing else, you have integrity which you just can not buy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16669
    Although £750 would go some way towards it..   ;)

Jetfire said:
    If nothing else, you have integrity which you just can not buy

Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BogwhoppitBogwhoppit Frets: 2754
    edited July 2016
    mike_l said:
    BigMonka said:
    What kind of person has £750 in their wallet?! I'd have been nervous that he was a dealer or something!
    I regularly carry £250. I use that as my spending money for 5-6 weeks (including petrol).
    That way I can keep tabs on how much I've spent. If I put anything on my card, I'll put that amount from the £250 back in the bank.

I do the same.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 10389
    Incidentally I seem to have £250 in my draw at work in an envelope that im not sure where it came from. I'm pretty sure it is from my massive music gear clear out last year (I can think of three items I sold for that amount) but I can't really work out why it would be in my drawer at work! A bit of a quandry as to what to do because I'd I keep it it may not beef l be mine, but if I hand it in I might be ding myself out of my own money.

I think it may have been so I could pay it into the back but not confident enough to know
    I'm scared and I'm waiting for life
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • earwighoneyearwighoney Frets: 3592
    If the guy was a dealer, I'd have expected to be compensated with at least a joint. 
  • vizviz Frets: 11042
    Incidentally I seem to have £250 in my draw at work in an envelope that im not sure where it came from. I'm pretty sure it is from my massive music gear clear out last year (I can think of three items I sold for that amount) but I can't really work out why it would be in my drawer at work! A bit of a quandry as to what to do because I'd I keep it it may not beef l be mine, but if I hand it in I might be ding myself out of my own money.

I think it may have been so I could pay it into the back but not confident enough to know
    Pay it into your favourite charity - if it's someone else's, you've put it to good use for them; if it's yours, you've put it to good use for yourself. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

• I would have taken out £20 for my public spirit/humanitarianism....and then post through owners letter box.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5321
    edited July 2016
    Well, assuming @jonnyburgo didn't get a reward and I haven't given a pedal away in at least 6 months......in the spirit of Karma...if anyone wants to PayPal @jonnyburgo £20 to start his SG GAS fund off or buy him a few pints then I will send you my lovely little JFET Boost mini pedal 1st class posted free of charge

http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/74334/fs-boss-dm-2w-waza-one-control-fuzz-sold-jfet-boost-dod-classic-tube-sold#latest
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7716
    I'll do that  =]
  • blueskunkblueskunk Frets: 2934
    Not surprised - Mr B is a good fella. 
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6813
    Gotta laugh at those who think doing the right thing = owed a reward! :))
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I'd have no qualms about handing in stuff, I've done it a few times before - two wallets, a mobile phone, iPad on a train and a bag full of presumably stolen personal documents. I take things to the police and don't bother leaving a name and address. It's just a personal thing but I feel better about not giving the opportunity for a 'reward'.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30220
    BigMonka said:
    What kind of person has £750 in their wallet?! I'd have been nervous that he was a dealer or something!
    Indeed. How anyone functions with so little walking-around money is certainly beyond me.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74500
    DefaultM said:
    You did the right thing. Out of interest what would everyone do if they found that wallet and it had no ID inside and no idea of telling where it came from?
    This happened to my dad in the 80, though the amount was around £300.  He handed it to the police.  6 months later it hadn't been claimed so was sent to him.  I'd do the same.    
    Same for me, although it was only £50 - but that was a lot of money when I was a skint student in about 1986. The policeman seemed surprised that I would hand in a wallet with no ID in it rather than just keep it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1424
    Chalky said:
    Gotta laugh at those who think doing the right thing = owed a reward! :))
    Owed? No.  Expected? No.  Deserved? Yes.

As the wallet finder I would not expect anything or begrudge the owner not offering anything.

As the wallet owner making a small gesture as a "thank you" is as you say "doing the right thing, but that's just me, and I would insist that they take it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8499
    Top bloke !!  Kudos sir!
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12667
    Please please don't start a fund for me as much as i appreciate  it im only GAS  skint not real life skint, and thanks for the words  guys. 
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SteveRobinsonSteveRobinson Frets: 7343
    tFB Trader
    My dad found a nice watch and handed it to the police who said that if no one claimed after 6 months, it would be his. After the allotted time, he went back only to find it had been stolen from the safe in the police station.
    18reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    My dad found a nice watch and handed it to the police who said that if no one claimed after 6 months, it would be his. After the allotted time, he went back only to find it had been stolen from the safe in the police station.
    Did someone do time for that?
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom