Found a wallet this morning...

What's Hot

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3131
    edited July 2016
    Top stuff. There's many a bloke on here who'd be jammimg along to a Dacca record on his new SG by now :)
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    Would you believe it! At the beach this evening my daughters found a purse in the women's toilets. No notes or credit cards so I fear someone took them and dumped it. A load of coins and other cards though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jamiexsilverjamiexsilver Frets: 404
    I remember the shit storm this fetched last year, the guy offering £500 to any one who finds him and gives him a "pasting" is my favourite.

https://m.facebook.com/onlinesheffield/posts/971799562848919
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4468
    Well don, OP.
    Did the guy not give you a token amount? I'd have handed you some as a thank you!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7868
    Chalky said:
    Gotta laugh at those who think doing the right thing = owed a reward! :))
    Here in Switzerland, there is a 10% finders fee. It's not law, but it's a massively, massively considered accepted behavior.

Any way, glad to read you did the right thing. I've lost my wallet twice in the UK and never had it back. Aside from losing cash, it's the hassle with credit cards, driving license etc that becomes super annoying, 
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3847
    Well done mate.

I've found a wallet and a hand bag in the past.

The handbag lady asked for my address and sent round a bottle of scotch and the wallet man just thanked me but that was fine (no money in it, just a driving license).

Worth it for the satisfaction of doing the right thing.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    I've found a purse and a few phones in my time-nothing like £750 though, although I did find £80 in a phone box (remember them?) many moons ago, which went straight in my pocket. Fair play to you for returning it, we all want to know-did he drop you a few quid, or try to?

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• Here in Switzerland, there is a 10% finders fee. It's not law, but it's a massively, massively considered accepted behavior.

Any way, glad to read you did the right thing. I've lost my wallet twice in the UK and never had it back. Aside from losing cash, it's the hassle with credit cards, driving license etc that becomes super annoying, 
    Bug**r!......I should have lightened the wallet by £75 and not £20 prior to posting it back to the owner.
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    of course the owner could have had comprehensive home contents insurance and is already making a claim on it...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • professorbenprofessorben Frets: 5106
    I lost my wallet once, few cards, driving licence, £20, couple of photo booth pics of my new gf and I canoodling. 
    It was found and returned to the address on the driving licence. 
    that was an awkward visit to my exes house......
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited July 2016
    did the owner give you a bit of his £750 as a gesture of appreciation?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1810
    Ro_S said:
    No reward, wasn't really expecting one to be honest, the lad was only about 18 probably unaware of any sort of etiquette

• MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    Ro_S said:
    No reward, wasn't really expecting one to be honest, the lad was only about 18 probably unaware of any sort of etiquette

If he had £750 for rent then giving away £75 might have been expensive... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2330
    I found a purse once on the way to work. There was an address in the window thingy that was two streets away I knocked on the door, no answer so posted it. Nobody knew it was me who returned it or even if it was lost the person could assume it fell on the floor in the house. 

Strangers have been kind to me in the past and I work on the basis that I cannot take kindness without being willing to give it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 20 odd years ago I found a wallet at work , it was the HR managers and I returned it to him.   He sacked me 3 weeks later for drawing a Rush 2112 album cover  on the walls of the toilet. 

Would I do the same thing again? 

Definitely, but next time I would try Moving Pictures.

kudos to the OP. 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11042
    20 odd years ago I found a wallet at work , it was the HR managers and I returned it to him.   He sacked me 3 weeks later for drawing a Rush 2112 album cover  on the walls of the toilet. 

Would I do the same thing again? 

Definitely, but next time I would try Moving Pictures.
    Or Vapor Trails. 
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30220
    I once found someone's phone on the pavement outside the office. I had a quick look up and down the road, couldn't see anyone who'd obviously dropped it, so I went through the phonebook until I found "mum" and arranged with the owner's mum to have them collect it from reception.

The receptionist said they weren't very nice - grumpy at having dropped the phone, grumpy that someone had picked it up, and really, really grumpy that I'd called their mum to get it back to them. I console myself with the thought that anyone that grumpy deserves to be made grumpier. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3496
    I haven't found a wallet but November last year I was cutting my hedge and found £80 in it. It had been very windy the previous evening so I assumed it'd fallen out of someone's pocket getting out of a car or something. I'll be honest I kept that, I asked the house at the side of me and the one from over the road but that's as far as I took it. 
  • hobbiohobbio Frets: 3441
    If I found a wallet with identifying information and cash I'd return it, but if it was cash only with no way of figuring out who's it was I'd keep it. Just being honest about what I'd do.

electric proddy probe machine

My trading feedback thread