What next after Trump?

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74497
    That remains to be seen even if he gets it...

Truman was scary, yes. Bad decision by Roosevelt to pick him as Vice-President - just as it would have been if George HW Bush had died in office and we'd had President Quayle. And hence why McCain was scary picking Sarah Palin - especially as McCain was older even then. The danger is that candidates pick someone they think will enhance their electability, not someone best to take over if the worst happens.

But I think Trump is worrying enough that it barely matters who his VP choice is.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hungrymarkhungrymark Frets: 1782
    Myranda said:
    ICBM said:
    Myranda said:

Apparently if you take out suicide it drops to something like 14,000 a year... Which is fine to many Americans... You ask me, that's still a lot. 
    I'm not completely certain but I would guess that's still much higher than the number killed by terrorists in over 200 years.
    And that's per year... But gun supporters seem to trot out such a fact to rubbish the idea that guns are the problem. 

If a five figure number of people commit suicide with guns, surely reduced guns might make it less likely suicides would succeed... And 14000 people might not get shot... 

Also I seem to recall that those are only deaths, no injuries or just crimes are counted in such figures. 

Of course guns are very restricted here but we still have a lot more gun crime than we should so maybe we're not in a place to criticise

Rubbish, of course we're in a position to criticise. Very few countries have anything like as low gun-related homicide as the UK. Of the major economies, only Japan, IIRC. 
    Use Your Brian
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."