I judge you if....

What's Hot

Comments

• RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    You say you like how an amp feels. You finish your sentences with guitar playing I.e. Love this guitar it just sounds....widdly widdly fuck off. You eat your own feces.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuffolaChuffola Frets: 2087
    People who like prog
    Well, lets hope we never meet!

:D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15430
    tFB Trader
    I judge you if

You use a selfie stick
    Shred with no meaningful purpose
    Tell me David Beckham would make an all time Man U starting 11
    Drive at 28 in a 30
    Play a nice guitar with rusty dirty strings
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 4127
    If you wear crocs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    If you refer to your guitar as 'she'...

If you leave your string ends uncut and all tangly at the headstock...

If you refuse to play something that everyone else in the jam night wants to play, because you alone dislike it. Get off the fucking stage then.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I judge you if:

You "find theory restricting".

You bash shred players for being "soulless" while being content to rehash the same lazy blues licks over and over again.

You haven't done enough work on your vibrato and it sounds like a quivering sheep.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    edited July 2016
    Quivering sheep vibrato ?

LOL awarded hahaha
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Quivering sheep vibrato ?

LOL awarded hahaha
    First heard the term used by Martin Goulding, one of the tutors at uni. His vibrato is about a tone wide :lol: 
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    i judge you if you think 100w amps are too loud
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SamgbSamgb Frets: 774
    I judge you if when someone says I'm going to buy X guitar for £X you say, why not buy it used for £a ridiculously fucking lowball figure that you will never get one for. 
    Happens all the time on guitar forums. I'm guessing there are thousands of poor bastards out there who listened just 'being patient' and waiting for that American Standard for £200 or whatever bullshit
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    If you think that playing guitars that are out of tune is cool in some way
    Same thing for getting intonation set properly

If your strings are black with bits stuck all over them

If you look down on  anyone playing  electric with a lower gauge than 11, or 13 on an acoustic

If you criticize those who pay out for Pro gear, because celeb X always played on semi-pro gear

if you have all the chops, have a good guitar and amp, but  the settings you use on your multi FX or huge pedalboard  reduces your tone to  trash

If you think that no design invented before 1960 can ever be improved upon

If you play very gently, and barely tickle the strings on acoustic guitars ,  yet have strong opinions on  the quality of different  brands and models

If you  refuse to try any acoustic  other than  Martin, Gibson, Taylor

If you don't buy  the artist's CD at the end of a  semi-pro gig, but carry on listening to their work on spotify

If you judge and patronize people who don't choose to gig. Do people  who play piano at home need to justify themselves by gigging?

If you  would pay more than 50% extra for an older instrument that is otherwise identical  to a cheaper, newer one. If it's really worth more, it's as a museum piece, so  admit it, and stop trying to say it's a better instrument.

If you have strong opinions about what amps sound like, even though you are  never able to turn them up past 1 because of where  you play

If you always disregard the work of  an artist who has not been on TV,  or a luthier or amp builder that does not  sell  lots of stuff in big guitar stores

If you slag off an artist as "sold out" because they became commercially successful. Do you like the music or not?

If you  own  lots of nearly identical guitars, with no  real reason  (i.e. diff tunings, diff pickups, diff scale lengths, need 2 spares for gigs)

If you own  15+ £150-£300 guitars and they are all  badly setup. How about 2-3 good ones, or at least get your better ones setup properly

If you can't play at least one piece effectively  with no FX at all

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

If you look down on  anyone playing  electric with a lower gauge than 11, or 13 on an acoustic

If you criticize those who pay out for Pro gear, because celeb X always played on semi-pro gear

if you have all the chops, have a good guitar and amp, but  the settings you use on your multi FX or huge pedalboard  reduces your tone to  trash

If you play very gently, and barely tickle the strings on acoustic guitars ,  yet have strong opinions on  the quality of different  brands and models

If you don't buy  the artist's CD at the end of a  semi-pro gig, but carry on listening to their work on spotify

If you judge and patronize people who don't choose to gig. Do people  who play piano at home need to justify themselves by gigging?

If you  would pay more than 50% extra for an older instrument that is otherwise identical  to a cheaper, newer one. If it's really worth more, it's as a museum piece, so  admit it, and stop trying to say it's a better instrument.

If you have strong opinions about what amps sound like, even though you are  never able to turn them up past 1 because of where  you play

If you always disregard the work of  an artist who has not been on TV,  or a luthier or amp builder that does not  sell  lots of stuff in big guitar stores

If you slag off an artist as "sold out" because they became commercially successful. Do you like the music or not?

If you  own  lots of nearly identical guitars, with no  real reason  (i.e. diff tunings, diff pickups, diff scale lengths, need 2 spares for gigs)

If you own  15+ £150-£300 guitars and they are all  badly setup. How about 2-3 good ones, or at least get your better ones setup properly

Feel better? :)

Sounds like you've been holding on to that for a while.

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12256
    edited July 2016
    Nikko said:

Feel better?

Sounds like you've been holding on to that for a while.

heh
    mistakenly left the bedroom window open, and consequently woke up too early, so was able to spend some time and effort on it
    ...... and now relax
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    ... if you don't like dogs or do watch soap operas.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30215
    octatonic said:
    I quite like one dog. Is that enough?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34318
    Sporky said:
    octatonic said:
    I quite like one dog. Is that enough?
    Almost.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    octatonic said:
    I knew I judged people on the latter, but I've just discovered I also judge them on the former.

I'm OK with that.
    <space for hire>
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4507
    I judge you if you....

- are overly affectatious in singing a roots/folk style from a different place or culture (e.g. someone from Basingstoke singing "axe" instead of "ask" in a blues song)
    - sing in a voice that doesn't relate in any way to your speaking voice
    - think playing with a plectrum = flatpicking
    - plug your acoustic in at home
    - can't play Happy Birthday

I've tried to limit it to things I've been guilty of in the past and thus can confidently say I judge myself on more harshly than I would anyone else.

• hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2372

I judge you if you spend more time worrying about how pretty your pedalboard is rather than playing through it

I judge you if you even give a flying shit about the Man Utd, (Scum), all time top 11 ;-)

I echo the comment on dogs :-)

• thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Lewy said:

- sing in a voice that doesn't relate in any way to your speaking voice

Doesn't that include the majority of singers ever?