Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Line 6 amps at NAMM...

What's Hot
StefBStefB Frets: 2457

Sorry if this has already been covered.  I haven't visited for a couple of weeks, and didn't spot it during a 26 page trawl to bring myself up to date.

Apparently Line 6 are about to reinvent the wheel again.  My money is on something similar to the Blackstar ID range, which I know they've already kind of done to death, but Blackstar's spin on it is a little different I suppose - http://line6.com/firsttoknow/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    It got linked in one of the NAMM rumour discussions of which there are at least 2 going on. I did the email thing, got it back. Pretty much none the wiser!

I guess there are two basic ways they can go without repeating themselves :
    - this is the most amazingly clever amp of all time and can sync up with all our other clever gizmos, pedals, guitars and yer grandma's teasmade.
     - this is all our clever technology but in a more user friendly plug in and play format.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4293
    edited January 2014
    Yes buddy this was covered in another namm thread over the weekend.
  • The picture on their "firsttoknow" thing is of a knob called "Blend". Perhaps they've managed to come up with a preamp signal path that lets you blend modelled and analog signals?

That's the only thing I can think of which hasn't been done before. Of course, that's giving them the benefit of the doubt regarding "reinventing" stuff. More likely, they've just taken a bit more modelling tech and shovelled it into a combo of some description.
    <space for hire>
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    I can exclusively reveal that the blend knob goes from Kenyan to Columbian as the new amps have a coffee making facility.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • David5150David5150 Frets: 118
    Please, no more Line 6 amps - My DT 50 head has already depreciated faster than you can say 'bargain bassment valve-ish amp for sale"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    digitalscream;124695" said:
    The picture on their "firsttoknow" thing is of a knob called "Blend". Perhaps they've managed to come up with a preamp signal path that lets you blend modelled and analog signals?

That's the only thing I can think of which hasn't been done before. Of course, that's giving them the benefit of the doubt regarding "reinventing" stuff. More likely, they've just taken a bit more modelling tech and shovelled it into a combo of some description.
    Roland VG-99 and GR-55 currently do as did the VG-88 V2. But yes it would be a first in an amp and I am just being silly.

;)
  • IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    David5150 said:
    Please, no more Line 6 amps - My DT 50 head has already depreciated faster than you can say 'bargain bassment valve-ish amp for sale"
    Yes and the updates are crap as well let's hope Yammy can give them a kick

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3379
    I still think the dt25 was one of the best amps I've had, was stupid to sell it really
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    A new vetta hd would be cool
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Drew_fx said:
    A new vetta hd would be cool
    Logically it has to be a replacement for the Spider IV which has been hanging around since 2009 and is rather long in the tooth. Line 6 sold zillions of them - a lot more than the Vetta, which makes me think we won't see a high-end modelling amp as it will compete with the DT range.

My guess is a modelling amp range based on the HD amp series with IoS connectivity, USB with a Blackstar style ISF [blend knob].

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • A Microspider based on the HD amp series would be amazing.
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    David5150 said:
    This is the problem with Line 6 stuff, it doesent retain value.

I had the spider valve mk 1 and it took me ages to get rid of it once the mark 2 came out. Amps shouldnt depreciate like iPhones or something.
  • Don't worry, 50 years from now, it'll be nostalgic and everyone will want that classic noises a Spider makes. ;)
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    I bet they have tried to rip off the Axe FX.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Don't worry, 50 years from now, it'll be nostalgic and everyone will want that classic noises a Spider makes. ;)
    Go check out prices on MK1 PODs and the early logo script MK 2's .. I kid you not they are rising. There were changes just before the block logo came out - purists think the tones aren't as good.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33989
    Purists don't own modellers.
  • profiling? Kemper is the biggest competition in my opinion.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    Also I'm brainstorming what this new thing could involve and I'm willing to bet that the word "microtransactions" is going to come up somewhere.
  • I heard a rumour you can play some music into it and it'll analyse the guitar sound and emulate it for you… 

Great, another bunch of youngsters who won't have a clue how to use their ears!
  • hugbot said:
    Also I'm brainstorming what this new thing could involve and I'm willing to bet that the word "microtransactions" is going to come up somewhere.
    +1 this