Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Line 6 amps at NAMM...

What's Hot

Comments

• GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4174
    edited January 2014
    I see anything demoed that requires an iPad it's an instant no sale.

Peavy's Revalver 4 is sounding very promising from the announcements. Hoping a demo pops up today somewhere.

Edit: for typo, it's obviously Revalver not Amplitube.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17917
    tFB Trader
    Links to this info?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    I see anything demoed that requires an iPad it's an instant no sale.

Peavy's Revalver 4 is sounding very promising from the announcements. Hoping a demo pops up today somewhere.

Edit: for typo, it's obviously Revalver not Amplitube.
    agree on the iPad thing. Peavey have a new amp that does all the linkey up thing with their digital guitar. So, that's two major purchases to get the full functionality and they are both worth peanuts in two years. And they are fugly.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Looks like it's a race to the bottom - Blackstar have basically done the same thing:

<space for hire>
  • Looks like everyone is helping me to avoid spending money on new tech.

tFB Trader
    I think they are just amps focussed on bedroom practice. 

It's great that the ID stuff is actually loud enough to gig, but not everyone needs that.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    monquixote said:
    I think they are just amps focussed on bedroom practice. 

It's great that the ID stuff is actually loud enough to gig, but not everyone needs that.
    They're basically multi-capability amps. Plug in your guitar for decent tones, plugin your mp3 player or IoS device for high quality backing tracks to jam along to and when you're chilling just play songs through the unit via your iPod, mp3 player or IoS device. Great for teenagers - guitar amp and music system.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    OK - one clever thing [or not] they've done. The amps and tones are via the IoS app so they can be upgraded without needing to change the amp. Not for me though ...

http://uk.line6.com/amplifi/amp/

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    edited January 2014
    are any sounds stored on the amp? It appears to have knobs along the top panel, what do they do? The Andertons vid seemed to imply that you need iOS app to change settings. If some dude is playing with one of these in a pub and I have my iphone, could I connect to his amp over bluetooth and start changing his sound.... oh the fun that could be had!
    tFB Trader
    I think they are missing a trick with these. If they are wifi enabled then they should be configurable by a web interface on a built in webserver that way they wouldn't have to piss about writing loads of apps you could just use it from anything with a browser.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    Looks like the world has cottoned on (2 years later) to the Yam THR trick of modelling into full range speakers. Fine for home, though if it's X3 based then nothing my ipad running jamup into cheaper studio monitors can't do as well, and not sure it scales up to gig volumes.

• BodBod Frets: 1349
    Ffs. Yet more repackaging of old tech from line 6. I swear they've lost the plot. I would pay good money to have an HD version of Pod Farm, but they're clearly too busy integrating toasters into guitar amps ready for Summer NAMM, in a vain attempt to look innovative, than producing something useful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry but i think they're wasting their time with this. Useless waste of design time in my opinion. Utter shite!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I wonder how much input new boss Yamaha had over this. 

• The whole build up to this then the mass disappointment reminds me of Firebird X. Have they reinvented the guitar amp? Not really.
  • thisisguitarthisisguitar Frets: 1073
    edited January 2014
    As I mentioned ;-) I'm assuming it analyses the guitar sound mind, not just knows the song from a database.

iOS App Control and Cloud Connection
    The AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS introduces a new world of possibilities. Instead of using static knobs or tiny screens, guitarists can now control every aspect of their tones from an iOS device.* AMPLIFi Remote also introduces revolutionary Line 6 tone-matching technology, which automatically serves up guitar tones that match tracks in a guitarist’s music library.
  • As I mentioned ;-) I'm assuming it analyses the guitar sound mind, not just knows the song from a database.

The AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS introduces a new world of possibilities. Instead of using static knobs or tiny screens, guitarists can now control every aspect of their tones from an iOS device.* AMPLIFi Remote also introduces revolutionary Line 6 tone-matching technology, which automatically serves up guitar tones that match tracks in a guitarist’s music library.
    From what their guy said in the demo, it actually picks up the ones voted highest by users...
    <space for hire>
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1814
    Yeah
    Line 6 have made some good products over the years. This sadly seems to be a stab at grabbing some coin of Yamaha.

From looking at the Andertons video its a million miles from the elegant solution that is the THR range.

Good tones in a great little box 

tFB Trader
    As I mentioned ;-) I'm assuming it analyses the guitar sound mind, not just knows the song from a database.

Nope it's crowdsourced. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Depending on the price I don't think it's that bad - that said combo with the thr sounds that could keep up with a drummer would be awesome - it must be on the way...  I'm looking for a new rehearsal amp now and one of these could do it if they are cheap and cheerful..