Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Line 6 amps at NAMM...

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• IanpdqIanpdq Frets: 131
    But Line 6 updates are crap they seem to bring out all this gear and then move on :(

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    Depending on the price I don't think it's that bad - that said combo with the thr sounds that could keep up with a drummer would be awesome - it must be on the way...  I'm looking for a new rehearsal amp now and one of these could do it if they are cheap and cheerful..
    I heard around £400- £500.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    John_P said:
    Depending on the price I don't think it's that bad - that said combo with the thr sounds that could keep up with a drummer would be awesome - it must be on the way...  I'm looking for a new rehearsal amp now and one of these could do it if they are cheap and cheerful..
    I heard around £400- £500.
    I'll wait til they sell off all the unsold ones for next to nothing then ;-)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • As I mentioned ;-) I'm assuming it analyses the guitar sound mind, not just knows the song from a database.

iOS App Control and Cloud Connection
    The AMPLIFi Remote app for iOS introduces a new world of possibilities. Instead of using static knobs or tiny screens, guitarists can now control every aspect of their tones from an iOS device.* AMPLIFi Remote also introduces revolutionary Line 6 tone-matching technology, which automatically serves up guitar tones that match tracks in a guitarist’s music library.
    Nope it's crowdsourced. 
    Damn. It's going to take a big brush to scrub the smug off my face ;-)
  • It does solve some issues for the dream rig, which I guess is the point - the DT series don't great with the acoustic tones and they end up in a separate loop out to PA. The FRFR with tweeters will basically allow you to play any dream rig tone or model in one amp... That's something I might be interested in.

• BodBod Frets: 1349
    Ianpdq said:
    But Line 6 updates are crap they seem to bring out all this gear and then move on :(

Sadly, that's one of my beefs with the HD500.  The X3 Live had features (driver with a dry output, Pod Farm, ability to output without cabs sims via 1/4inch and with cab sims to XLR/PA) that were missing on the HD500 but I, perhaps stupidly, assumed that we'd get them at some point.  The previous generations of Pod had regular updates, but obviously that policy has changed.
  • i saw one on action in the shop last weekend. I'm a massive line 6 hater but tell you what, this was really good. Or at least it was for the 3 different tracks i watched them play along with. Really got a great acdc sound too with a mid level guitar and the bluetooth audio from an iphone was simple and sounded great