Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Songs that make you cringe

What's Hot

Comments

• Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24302
    edited September 2016
    +1  :-)
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Two spies, due to go in front of the firing squad are asked their last requests. The first one says "I'd like to hear Achy Breaky Heart" one more time, just before I die. The second one says "I'd like you to shoot me first".
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Profit In Peace by Ocean Colour Shite.
    Even worse than their other songs. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • hugbothugbot Frets: 1528
    edited September 2016
    hugbot said:
     Come On Eileen, especially the key change which feels like grinding gears every time.
    What key change?
    the verse is in c then before the chorus it holds the dominant which in a sensible song would go back to c. But instead it modulates up to d instead and does the chorus there then modulates down again for the verse (but not the ta lu ri yay bit) .

I hate it, the first time I ever heard the song was in the Football chant cover version and it sounded so wrong to me I thought they'd fucked it up but thats how the original goes. 
  • W.O.L.D by Harry Chapin

I need therapy just thinking about it.
    Only a Fool Would Say That.
  • Nursery rhymes.
    I have a 3 month old. We took her to her first swimming class last weekend. All the rhymes they come up with... goodness me. 

Motorboat, motorboat go so slow...
    I have had that stuck in my head for close to two weeks.
    Along with Teddybear, teddybear. 

And who could forget... Glump glump went the little green frog...??? 

Far out. I'd rather listen to Abba! And I don't like Abba! Like, I *really* don't like Abba and my wife knows it!! 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • @Octahedron That's why they use them, they just get stuck in your head! Can I add anything by the Black Eyed Peas. 
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6110
    Lady In Red 
    I Believe I Can Fly - R.Kelly
    Things Can Only Get Better - D.Ream
    Come On Eileen
    Think Twice - Celine Dion
    November Rain - GnR
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • Also, let me add the whole collection of 'musical' music. My wife is a teacher, and I often help out at her school by playing in the band for them (Rock n roll!!!) when they do a musical.

The bloody songs always stick in your head forever, and have those awful semitone key changes, jazz hands uggh! Hate it lol
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    Moss said:
    CHRISB50 said:
    The Avalanches new album 
    Really? With the exception of Frankie Sinatra, I think it's a complete masterpiece
    I'll give it another listen at work today. I have listened to it once so far, but I thought it was really poor in comparison to their debut.

It's a hard act to follow as I really love their first album. But to take this long releasing a follow up, it should be one of the most polished pieces of music ever released. I expected a lot more!

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72329
    Nursery rhymes.
    I have a 3 month old. We took her to her first swimming class last weekend. All the rhymes they come up with... goodness me. 

Motorboat, motorboat go so slow...
    I have had that stuck in my head for close to two weeks.
    Along with Teddybear, teddybear. 

And who could forget... Glump glump went the little green frog...??? 

Far out. I'd rather listen to Abba! And I don't like Abba! Like, I *really* don't like Abba and my wife knows it!! 
    Only 3 months? Oh, the joy that awaits you when she gets into kids' TV!

:D

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• A little part of me dies every time I hear a snatch of Natasha Bedingfield's "These Words".  Just the worst.  Ever.  
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    edited September 2016
    That Barenaked Ladies song from American Pie. The lead vocalist makes me want to strangle him for some reason.

Anything by The Feeling. His 'oh lovey dovey' accent is nauseating to the point I want to stick a rusty nail through his temple.

Oh and a late addition - the FUCKING NEW RADICALS and that bloody awful 'Get What You Give' song. Ugh no. Just no.
  • 'Rotterdam' makes me want to set fire to the world and watch it burn.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • 'Rotterdam' makes me want to set fire to the world and watch it burn.

Everything by the Beautiful South. Fucking terrible band.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • A little part of me dies every time I hear a snatch of Natasha Bedingfield's "These Words".  Just the worst.  Ever.  

Is that the one where she mispronounces ''Hyperbole''...? In which case, definitely agree!

Is that the one where she mispronounces ''Hyperbole''...? In which case, definitely agree!
    That's the one...rhyming "Byron, Shelley and Keats" with "Hip-Hop Beats" is the one that gets me.  Horrible trite bollocks from start to finish. 
    New fangled trading feedback link right here!
  • DopesickDopesick Frets: 1508
    The Bedingfields - the family that musical talent forgot.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28174
    'Rotterdam' makes me want to set fire to the world and watch it burn.

Everything by the Beautiful South. Fucking terrible band.
    I think the Beautiful South must have been quite a shock to all the people who - fairly reasonably - thought that music couldn't get worse than Deacon Blue.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2928
    Dance With Me Tonight by that insufferable cunt Olly Murs. It actually makes me wince.