Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Apple AirPods

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    There's so much choice for wireless in ears at that kind of money (and a lot less) isn't there? Considering I have ever used an iPhone I don't know if it will only connect to airpods or not?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @underdog - no worries there, it’ll connect to any bluetooth device in the same way.

I got a pair of airpods free a couple of months ago with my latest Mac. I’ve been sceptical of them for a long time, but cannot dispute the comfort of them for long periods of time, nor can I particularly complain about the sound quality either. I’m not suggesting that they should make an audiophile cream their pants in pleasure, but they’re perfectly serviceable and have worked across multiple devices seamlessly and without a hitch. I’m now much more inclined to try the Pros out next time around, as my wife keeps stealing my ones anyway- they’ve been a very useful freebie when both of us are working from home and spending most of the day on calls! 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2020
    @underdog - no worries there, it’ll connect to any bluetooth device in the same way.

I got a pair of airpods free a couple of months ago with my latest Mac. I’ve been sceptical of them for a long time, but cannot dispute the comfort of them for long periods of time, nor can I particularly complain about the sound quality either. I’m not suggesting that they should make an audiophile cream their pants in pleasure, but they’re perfectly serviceable and have worked across multiple devices seamlessly and without a hitch. I’m now much more inclined to try the Pros out next time around, as my wife keeps stealing my ones anyway- they’ve been a very useful freebie when both of us are working from home and spending most of the day on calls! 
    The Siri integration is brilliant with AirPod Pros, it will even read out iMessages you receive while wearing them, with IOS 14 released last night there's a new feature for AirPod Pros - Spatial Audio. This works with Dolby Atmos, 5.1 or 7.1 feeds. I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: Just upgraded phone to IOS14 and there is a demo of Spatial Audio in the AirPod Pro bluetooth settings, it sounds very impressive.

• SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    edited September 2020
    Snap said:
    Not a fan of these. The audio quality is IMO sub par and you can get a lot better for less money or the same. 
    Way over priced. 
    What would you recommend as an alternative? Especially as I'm android? 
    I recently got a pair of the Sony WF-1000XM3. They really are superb. Noise cancelling, wireless and the sound is bang on. I had the previous model and these new ones are light years better. Connection is dead stable, they come with loads of buds including Comply memory foam ones, so you will deffo get a snug fit. The noise cancelling is really good too. 
    Battery life is huge and they have configurable controls for touch etc.

The previous model wasn't very good in terms of connection stability. I use them in the gym mostly and even from a few metres they were always glitching or dropping out. Never happened once with the new ones, and I use them a lot.

hard to fault, on amazon for 169. They make the airpods sound like a ten quid pair of headphones.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Snap said:
    Snap said:
    Not a fan of these. The audio quality is IMO sub par and you can get a lot better for less money or the same. 
    Way over priced. 
    What would you recommend as an alternative? Especially as I'm android? 
    I recently got a pair of the Sony WF-1000XM3. They really are superb. Noise cancelling, wireless and the sound is bang on. I had the previous model and these new ones are light years better. Connection is dead stable, they come with loads of buds including Comply memory foam ones, so you will deffo get a snug fit. The noise cancelling is really good too. 
    Battery life is huge and they have configurable controls for touch etc.

The previous model wasn't very good in terms of connection stability. I use them in the gym mostly and even from a few metres they were always glitching or dropping out. Never happened once with the new ones, and I use them a lot.

hard to fault, on amazon for 169. They make the airpods sound like a ten quid pair of headphones.
    Have you compared to AirPod Pros? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6264
    Yes, sorry, that's what I was meaning. Better audio to be had for the money. 
  • Rob1742Rob1742 Frets: 1050
    Maynehead said:
    Knowing my wife they'd end up in the washing machine 3 days after I get them...
    My sons pair have had a thoroughly good wash at the weekend. They came out the machine whiter than white and unbelievably worked perfectly straight away 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13941
    edited September 2020
    Snap said:
    Yes, sorry, that's what I was meaning. Better audio to be had for the money. 
    AirPods Pros aren't just about the audio quality, which on the Pros is just fine, plenty good enough, it's the Siri integration with your phone, iPad or Mac that puts them head and shoulders above anything else for use with an Apple device. 

The noise cancellation mode is worth the price of admission alone and now we have spatial audio, plus you can locate them through the Apple "Find My" app if you leave them somewhere.

I would replace a set of AirPods Pros with another set in a heartbeat, there is no competition.  

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11876
    edited September 2020
    I have a lot of head phones.

Cheap Chinese Bluetooth that cost £25 
    Expensive Sony MDR-1000X something, the one everyone raves about with noise cancelling
    Wired Sennheiser HD 600, 580
    Wired Sennheiser DJ-II something something that all the DJ wears
    Sony MDR-7506
    Wired Sennheiser Momemtums
    Tube Headphone amp
    Apple Airpods
    Apple Airpods Pro

As well as your regular Apple buds

I only really use 3 pairs

1 - Sony 1000X on the plane
    2 - Apple Airpods Pro when I run
    3 - Apple Airpods when I want to do hands free on the phone

I like the Airpods pro the best because they integrate well with my iPhone and now, my Apple Watch.  It seamlessly connects to it and I can run with carrying nothing in my hand, no phones, nothing, just need to carry a key to my house.

Is it the best sound quality? I didn't buy it for that, i bought it for it's noise cancelling and that it stays in my ears better than regular airpods.  In fact I used it on the plane a couple of times over the Sony because I can keep it in my pocket.