Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Buying gear back.

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I sold my first Fender a out 8yrs ago, a 1988 seafoam green strat plus . The pickups had been changed to kinman , and the pickguard was a pearloid job. 

Really wish I could get it back , went on ebay, so somebody from the north /north east . 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nick_snick_s Frets: 138
    If I could track down my old '04 Gibson LP Standard I sold to Academy of Sound a few years back, I'd have it back in a heartbeat.  That and my old Squier VM Jazz bass.  Luckily I know where that is, my boss has it :D  I sold it to her hubby as a present.  It doesn't get played much, and I've said if it ever gets sold I'd like first bite at the cherry :)
    - Shine On You Crazy Diamond -
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Sg special in off white, with ebony board. Stupidly sold it, and would love it back. Ibanez  ic300, I would have back. 
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• richhrichh Frets: 453
    I have a fear of selling a guitar and regretting it, so now have far too many guitars. But actually thinking back, I've never really seriously regretted selling a guitar, and I'm sure I'd be better off with a handful of really good ones - which I already have. So I will be putting quite a few up for sale when I can find time, but as many were bought from guys on this forum, I'll PM them first, just in case they want first dibs!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Never bought anything back, but I had a black Les Paul Custom for several years in my 20s which I sold because money was tight and I was playing in a band my Tokai Strat was a better fit for.  Many, many years later I started playing again after a long lay off and my missus tracked down the purchaser to try to buy it back for me, but he'd traded it in on Denmark Street. 

Now that I've been playing for a while again I realise that it would have been a poor fit for me nowadays, too heavy and too small fretwire, although it would have been nice to own it for sentimental reasons.
    “To a man with a hammer every problem looks like a nail.”
  • riscadoriscado Frets: 180
    edited July 2017
    I bought my Warren Haynes ES-335 back after selling it. No regrets.
  • I had a Shaftsbury Les Paul Custom for Christmas when I was around 11 years old. It was in perfect nick with a really nice Gibson style Les Paul case.  I sold it when I was 18 for £40 to buy a real piece of crap Strat copy. Always regretted it because it was a poorly judged 'upgrade'. I saw the guy 32 years later (around 3 years ago) in the street and he offered to give it back to me for free. It was very tired looking and a bit beaten up but I polished it up and now it's back with me where it belongs. Not a great guitar but it's my original one.....
    That's awesome! We need pictures! 

So I tried the phone number I had... No luck the number is dead.   :'(
    Time to search my old emails to see if I have his full name/email address, I fear the deal was done  via gumtree so I doubt this is going to end well. 
    Progress update! 
    I posted a wanted ad on Gumtree & the current owner got in touch saying "we can discuss reuniting the two of you"! =)
    More news to follow...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • The only guitar i have ever sold that i want back is this 

Vintage V100LM  and i fucking loved it and have never ever managed to find another one, had to sell it as ex wife lost her job and we were totally skint at the time. I have never even seen another come up for sale since. 
    @mikeyrob73 found one. 
    http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=172384595433&globalID=EBAY-GB ;
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4693
    cheers matey 

i shall have a wee look 
    Bollox its cash on collection only :-( and its really couldnt be any further away from west yorkshire as well 
  • Bollox its cash on collection only :-( and its really couldnt be any further away from west yorkshire as well 
    I'm sure some friendly Fretboarder could help out with collection & postage if you MUST have it. The community is excellent in that way. 
    i shall message them when i get home tonight see if we can work something out, £120 is a great price, really superb guitars and pretty hard to find now 
  • i shall message them when i get home tonight see if we can work something out, £120 is a great price, really superb guitars and pretty hard to find now 
    Apparently there was a lawsuit & Vintage pulled (or modified) a number of models, including the SG Jr model that I'm trying to track down. 
    Cheers @stimpsonslostson , appreciate your help. i dont NEED another guitar, in fact it will probably get me into no end of shit BUT i absolutely loved the one i had, so will need to explain to the other half exactly why this guitar has to be bought :-) 
  • IT'S BACK!! 
    Tonight my wee yellow SG Jr returned home! It's exactly as I sold it apart from some new knobs (which I'll swap). 
    I'm very happy. I'd forgotten how much fun a Jr can be. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    IT'S BACK!! 
    Tonight my wee yellow SG Jr returned home! It's exactly as I sold it apart from some new knobs (which I'll swap). 
    I'm very happy. I'd forgotten how much fun a Jr can be. 

Dibs :)

More seriously, that is really cool - nice one :)

If anybody bought a cheapo bolt on Orpheum SG from me ages ago...no? Ah well :)