Arsehole Gumtree Users

What's Hot
124»

Comments

• andypandyp Frets: 332
    edited November 2016
    I've had this quandary a few times. For me if I'm doing the buying I've always assumed that if I don't go and get it now then it might well go to someone else before I get there. I've also held stuff for folk who've not turned up and have also had things go 100% smoothly... but I don't sell much stuff and always go into the process knowing it could end up in massive hassle. I think the same way as the OP though but I know to expect that other people don't or won't - especially when it comes to getting the money sooner if another buyer appears.

I've discussed this with a good mate a few times, he is firmly in the camp that the first guy to hand over the cash is who gets the item. I tend to favour the first guy to make an offer and arrange to collect. In the OP's case I would have waited to meet the OP (and maybe been let down) but my mate would've done exactly what the seller did here.

I don't tend to trust anyone these days after various let-downs with both buying and selling stuff. And most of all, I don't believe anymore that someone who's into the same hobby thinks the same way as me or has any form of "bond" or "loyalty" to me just because we are into the same stuff... I did used to think like that though but you're just as likely to get ripped-off or let down even if you have the same interests. (My loose thinking here is "he's into this too, he'll be a decent guy as we must like similar stuff").

It's a sad reflection of the way people seem to act these days. If I can sell something to a mate or some sort of known quantity (like a part-ex to a shop) then I tend to go that route and yes, I get less money but the key is I also have less hassle.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SNAKEBITESNAKEBITE Frets: 1075

I used to use Freecycle years ago, until my house looked like Steptoes's Yard.

Good way of getting rid of/getting free stuff.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I've been trying to literally give an iPhone 5 away for weeks. Got that sick of time wasters I've deleted ad and stuck it in drawer

I'll literally take it. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    Gagaryn said:
    I've been trying to literally give an iPhone 5 away for weeks. Got that sick of time wasters I've deleted ad and stuck it in drawer

I'll literally take it. :-)

Only if you were the first person to not hand over any cash...
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    Sporky said:
    Voxman said:
    Query - is it arsehole or asshole?  This is important stuff you know! maybe  D
    Over here it's arsehole.

If you want to begin it with ass then I'd suggest you should go for "asshat".

Wis'd first point, don't understand lack of space in second...

http://images.fineartamerica.com/images-medium-large/donkey-equus-hemonius-wearing-straw-hat-digital-vision.jpg

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom