Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

PRS 594 & Gibson True Historic 59

What's Hot

Comments

• TwinfanTwinfan Frets: 1625
    If it doesn't it doesn't and I guess I'll lose my deposit.  That's the gamble I suppose, so hopefully Paul wasn't just BS'ing me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Twinfan said:
    If it doesn't it doesn't and I guess I'll lose my deposit.  That's the gamble I suppose, so hopefully Paul wasn't just BS'ing me!
    He won't be telling you porkies, he will genuinely believe what he says. Wether you agree or not may be a different story.
    Whatever I'm sure it'll be a sensational guitar.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    i'm sure it will be @ennspek , it's just i've got so attached to the specific tone of my pernambuco guitars i really hope it's similar...
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1814
    edited November 2016
    As we are fully in the enlightened world here, for us more humble souls could you eulogise on your preference for pernambuco necks over say BRW or mahogany etc. You imply a strong opinion so interested to hear what it brings to the equation over other options. 

Having never played a guitar with this option interested to hear why it ticks so many boxes
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @fred11 I'm sure I've seen you post those on the PRS forum? Fantastic, anyway!
    Must admit, I tried a regular 594 and it didn't light me on fire. 
    I tried one True Historic in particular, about a year ago. It's was £6.5k!! HOWEVER, it was actually a very fine thing. Very light and sounded truly fantastic. I think that was my "one" Les Paul but I couldn't part with that amount of cash for one guitar.
  • Wow! That looks great.

It is certainly going to be a talking point in the surgery waiting room, next to the electric toothbrushes ;)

edited November 2016
    As we are fully in the enlightened world here, for us more humble souls could you eulogise on your preference for pernambuco necks over say BRW or mahogany etc. You imply a strong opinion so interested to hear what it brings to the equation over other options. 

Having never played a guitar with this option interested to hear why it ticks so many boxes
    I've found my pernambuco necked guitars to be highly resonant and with dramatically better sustain. It's not just the length of the sustain (which is greater), it's the fullness of the tone that sustains longer. As a graphical example, I hear them something like this:

Mahogany:     ]]]]]]]]]]=======---------
    Pernambuco:  ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]>>>>>>>>========-------........

There's also a really vocal quality to the tone, for me it really sings and I find I can use it to be very expressive.  With the sustain and tone characteristics I really feel the guitars voice when playing, which may or may not come across to a live listener or on a recording.  There's a distinctive top end 'pop' too that really stands out in a mix when playing live.

It's definitely different, and not everyone will like it, but for me its heaven.  @Powerslave has played my guitars many times over the years and may be able to chip in with his thoughts too.
    Wow! That looks great.

It is certainly going to be a talking point in the surgery waiting room, next to the electric toothbrushes ;)

It'll most likely be thrashed to within an inch of its life down the Dog and Duck like my current #1.
    Oh, and I'm not a dentist or a doctor by the way!  ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Twinfan just a spot of gentle leg pulling with more than a hint of envy.

It looks absolutely top drawer, and good to hear it will get to run free in the wild!

enjoy!
    edited November 2016
    No offence ever taken, I'm well aware of the stereotype!  I think I'm one of the few that actually uses Private Stock guitars as a guitar.  A lot is said about the cosmetic appearance of them and so little about the actual instrument underneath.

I would never adorn them gold inlays and crap like that, the best value is a 'basic' Private Stock.  Fabulous musical instruments.
    I've played a Private Stock. It was sensational, harmonics jumping out acoustically.
    It's a shame we don't see more in the wild like yours @Twinfan ;
    It is indeed  :(
  • I really really really wish I got on with Les Paul's grr
    A PRS single cut does feel different to an LP, to me anyway. That said I get on with LPs anyway so maybe I can't see it.
  • I'd rather get an LP if I was going for a single cut. Variety.
    I understand that but if the single cut that works for you is made by the same company who makes your double cut so what? There's no harm in that.
  • Yeah .. but I find there's a rasp to the LP should which I quite like
    That I understand. I'm sure you could get used to one? They're worth they effort!
  • I already found mine but neglected to buy :(
  • ennspek said:
    A PRS single cut does feel different to an LP, to me anyway. That said I get on with LPs anyway so maybe I can't see it.
    They still balance very differently from a double cutaway PRS, which is the biggest issue for me with Les Pauls too. They are less of a transition if your used to an LP, I suspect.