Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825

OO
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Martin Taylor and Steve Howe!

• d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Seeing these guys next month so have been rattling the house with this today in prep!

This incredible version of Wonderwall by Brad Mehldau:

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73047
    Queen haven't made a bad album. But, I reckon my top 5 Queen albums would have to be... 
    News of the World, A Night at the Opera, Sheer Heart Attack, Innuendo and A Kind of Magic. But that's a hard pick... I also love Jazz and The Works. ;) 
    I don't like A Kind Of Magic, and I'd probably put Jazz and The Works above Innuendo (just) but otherwise those would be my picks too. Hot Space… hmmm. Brave, and an interesting experiment, but is it good? I do like Las Palabras De Amor though. The first album would be my 'extra' I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    edited May 2015
    Mostly Spiritualized really -

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    @budgie one of my favourite bands check out live at the royal Albert hall if you haven't already.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    This. Which scares me a little... 

Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • wayneiriewayneirie Frets: 419
    edited May 2015
    Got the big guns out today. Love forever changes. Probably my all time favourite. http://open.spotify.com/album/6myt0Ez6hGJIPQeZKgY8um
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Thunder's best of, mainly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    edited May 2015
    wayneirie said:
    Got the big guns out today. Love forever changes. Probably my all time favourite. http://open.spotify.com/album/6myt0Ez6hGJIPQeZKgY8um
    @wayneirie That's a great album! also, as you said above, live at the Albert Hall is a v good listen!
  • rprrpr Frets: 310
    Mainly Burning Spear Living Dub Vol 1 & 2

Also some Stoogies

Some Suicide

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    Dead Kennedys today. Just purchased a Kill the poor shirt in respect.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490

One of my fave Sunday albums. Buckethead rules!
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• dindudedindude Frets: 8573
    New Alabama Shakes album, Sound and Color. Enjoyed the first album, but was not expecting this for the second, they've really progressed their sound, it's a great album.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4068
    rpr said:

Also some Stoogies

Some Suicide

Super cool on Burning Spear and that Suicide album is brilliant, but "Diamonds Fur Coat Champagne" is the one I'm having played as I go off when I pop my clogs!

Suicide, "Diamonds Fur Coat Champagne"

Well, today I've mostly been listening to electro ambient stuff cos I've been writing... but after I finished that I found this:

Bloody hell, Europe doing something pretty cool cos I only thought they did "The Final Countdown" so I'm gonna have to check out their other albums.

It's all been done before but I love this stuff:

Europe, "Days of Rock n Roll"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    This from the new Michael Schenker album:

• OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    Grunfeld said:
    rpr said:

Also some Stoogies

Some Suicide

Super cool on Burning Spear and that Suicide album is brilliant, but "Diamonds Fur Coat Champagne" is the one I'm having played as I go off when I pop my clogs!

Suicide, "Diamonds Fur Coat Champagne"

Well, today I've mostly been listening to electro ambient stuff cos I've been writing... but after I finished that I found this:

Bloody hell, Europe doing something pretty cool cos I only thought they did "The Final Countdown" so I'm gonna have to check out their other albums.

It's all been done before but I love this stuff:

Europe, "Days of Rock n Roll"

Oh yes. Europe have made quite a few albums, since reuniting. Check out "Start From the Dark" which was their comeback album and then there was Secret Society which was so-so, followed by Last Look At Eden which was pretty damn good, and that was followed by Bag of Bones which was pretty good and War of Kings is obviously the new one. All worth checking out though. Bit of a different tone to their first lot though. 

The Darkness's new album leaked on YouTube. So I've been listening to that. Nobody could ever call them a "samey" band. The album has some real gems on it. The witty lyricism is back. Theres' some real heavy moments on there too as well as some driving rock and the ballads. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    edited May 2015
    Yesterday: James Taylor. There's a few CDs recently available on Amazon of live performances from years back.

Now: Osibisa. Again on Amazon, there's CD remasters of their original LPs. Doesn't sound brilliant thru the poxy PC speakers, but I'm enjoying it enough to look forward to hearing it on proper HiFi at home. I will certainly be getting more of this stuff after payday.

EDIT Osibisa sounds so much better on proper HiFi :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    The Damned albums are coming out tonight. Mostly to try and blank out a lot of the bile being spewed up on this forum today. I feel like I've injected heroin.