Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7323
    The utterly excellent "Immolate Yourself" by Telefon Tel Aviv. Stunning album. One of the highlights:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Steve Vai's "Sex and Religion" album with a 20 year-old Devin Townsend on vocals.

After seeing him live and having obviously listened to him a huge amount, I am convinced that Devin Townsend is probably the best rock singer ever to have lived. I know it's all subjective etc etc, but whatever. He IS the best. He is. You can disagree, but you're wrong.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723

I really love Kee Marcello's guitar tone on the whole Out Of This World album.  It's so heavily distorted that it sounds synth-like at times. 
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679

Magnificent version.
    This original demo version of Manic Monday:

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16396
    Randomly this:
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Shitloads of Jeff Buckley. Grace is such an amazing album... learned his version of Hallelujah earlier too.

My sister doesn't like him, should I disown her?
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    These guys are freakin awesome... Palace of the King:

They have an album coming out in June. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1230
    edited April 2015
    This last week I have been listening to Wire's new LP simply entitled Wire. Wire's late career renaissance, that started with 2008s Object 47, continues with another great collection of songs. Contrary as ever, they have now hired a long haired twentysomething guitarist to replace Bruce Gilbert and have made another album that stands up against their best work.

I got into Wire during their mid 80s reunion so the "classic" first three art punk LPs somewhat passed me by. I first saw them on the brief Manscape tour when, having recently lost their drummer, the three remaining members performed standing in a line, each playing a Casio Midi Strat. The following year I saw them at the Mean Fiddler in Harlesden when they played a set consisting entirely of new and unreleased material. Next up was the Royal Festival Hall in 2000 when they were back to a four piece. Needless to say they were always great.

This track, Split Your Ends includes a bizarre reference to the Orange Tiny Terror!

Link to my trading feedback
    Been listening to Snarky Puppy:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike_lmike_l Frets: 5700

Being as I aquired Van Halen's best of album, Van Halen.

Ringleader of the Cambridge cartel, pedal champ and king of the dirt boxes (down to 21) 

Mylets new album "Arizona". Now that boy can play / get a tune out of pedals.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73074
    Bucket said:
    Shitloads of Jeff Buckley. Grace is such an amazing album... learned his version of Hallelujah earlier too.

My sister doesn't like him, should I disown her?
    I'd probably get on well with her :).

I don't like him either - it's partly his voice, and partly because nearly everyone on the planet (apart from your sister, I expect) seems to list Hallelujah whenever 'covers that are better than the original' are mentioned - well it isn't, it's not terrible but it's massively overrated and not remotely in the same league as Leonard Cohen's.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24878
    Kyle Eastwood's new CD - Timepieces.

Very good stuff.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3110
    Ryan Adams Live at Carnegie Hall. Lovely stuff.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

The rather lovely Sharon Van Etten today.
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    The bonus tracks from the expanded version of the Crobot album. "Weigh Me Down" is a killer tune. 

I would love to see them live. 

Also there is an mp3 floating around of a song called Mudslide off the new The Darkness album, as it was played on a French radio station. That's a killer tune too, shame about the quality due to being ripped from the radio. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

Just stumbled upon "The Race For Space" by Public Service Broadcasting. Tremendous.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4307
    Just found an old Black Mountain CD and not heard them in years. Very good! A bit of Stoner Rock for your listening pleasure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_svLAm_3A68