Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• I doff my hat at your impeccable taste.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Budgie said:
    Just listened to this for the first time in about 20 years. I used to buy lots of 4AD albums on spec and was rarely disappointed. I quite like this one Ultra Vivid Scene - Mercy Seat 

Budgie said:
    Ace!

Brilliant! I loved that whole first Ultra Vivid Scene album, but Mercy Seat has to be one of my Desert Island Discs... one of the first things I had to play when I first got a bass!
    CVB were just amazing!

Myself, I have been listening to these chaps almost exclusively today

• joes16joes16 Frets: 10
    Anything by Devo at the moment.
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    I just discovered Janice Joplin!! Amazing!!
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    edited March 2015
    Green Day - American Idiot. I forgot how good that album really is. There isn't a duff song on it. The delightful ringing chords of Wake Me Up When September Ends, the punishing anthemic American Idiot, the good time singalong Holiday, the "yeah that's my life in this particular moment at times!" Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the dreary hangover anthem Give Me Novocain... there's so many flavours to it really. It's all good. 

Then what happened? Green Day just sorta... eh after that. I saw them last year and they were good as a live act. I still appreciate them. But 21st Century Breakdown onwards = nope. nope. nope... 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Yellowcard and Less Than Jake in preparation for tonight's gig at the Bristol Academy! 
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Green Day - American Idiot. I forgot how good that album really is. There isn't a duff song on it. The delightful ringing chords of Wake Me Up When September Ends, the punishing anthemic American Idiot, the good time singalong Holiday, the "yeah that's my life in this particular moment at times!" Boulevard of Broken Dreams, the dreary hangover anthem Give Me Novocain... there's so many flavours to it really. It's all good. 

Then what happened? Green Day just sorta... eh after that. I saw them last year and they were good as a live act. I still appreciate them. But 21st Century Breakdown onwards = nope. nope. nope... 
    Dookie, Insomniac and Nimrod are all great albums - Warning was a bit hit and miss and I never fully warmed to American Idiot but it's certainly not a bad album. 
  • DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited March 2015
    Thunder! after watching a great gig last night in Leeds, Absolutely fantastic live band!, Just a perfect/complete live Band performance! :D
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679

This.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

:)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    New BLACK STAR RIDERS. Better than the first album in my opinion.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    Beastie Boys - Paul's Boutique.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    New Bjork. Reassuringly bonkers.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73093
    I just discovered Janice Joplin!! Amazing!!
    I hope you discovered Janis Joplin, unless her near-namesake is quite good too :).

;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited March 2015

This.
    As much as I love Thunder, the production on Wonder Days I don't like. It just doesn't have any impact. Also the guitar solo in the title track is annoying with that pitch-shift sound. Bang! didn't sound right either, in production terms. 

The album vibe is better as the album progresses. I love "Black Water" and "The Thing I Want" but the production is still weird. 
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111
    edited March 2015
    Ryley Walker - All kinds of you.

Very reminiscent of Jansch, Tim Buckley and John Martyn in places but great stuff if you can let that go. Some passages had me forgetting I wasn't listening to Pentangle! New album due soon.

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    6 Music http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music as I do most days.
    Except today they're doing a one-of "6 Music Recommends", each DJ gets 1 hour to play new music, it's not over yet and probably all available on listen again. It's been pretty good so far.
    One or two things that made me have to stop what I was doing:

• lasermonkeylasermonkey Frets: 1940
    Another UVS fan here. I managed to see them at a gig in Bedford, of all places.
    The second album was really good too
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • ToonToon Frets: 57
    Mark Knopfler's latest offering - Tracker.
    Just like his last 5

I am not young enough to know everything