Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• Been listening to Taylor Swift's album 1989 today and its damn good. Not much guitar, which is actually a nice change. Loads of synths and great melodies.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6942
    The Mod Father's new un...

Previously known as stevebrum
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73145
    Freebird said:
    The complete works of Joy Division .. well two albums to be precise  :D
    There's a lot of other stuff on the various compilations too. (You probably know that if you already like them enough to own both the original albums :).)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Blackbird, by Alter Bridge. They peaked with that album IMO, before they got far too dark and heavy with 3 and Fortress...
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    edited February 2015

Reminds me a bit of OMD, Enola Gay, both great songs.
    Edit: how do you do the collapsing youtube video link thing?
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

• Songbook by Chris Cornell. Always heard good things about it. Haven't seen a copy of it around for a while. And then I did today so I bought it. Cornell's vocals on the album are great.
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • d8m said:

First few seconds sounded like Foo Fighters a bit... Not sure I could listen to a whole album but it sounds pretty good. 
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Octahedron;518819" said:
    d8m said:

First few seconds sounded like Foo Fighters a bit... Not sure I could listen to a whole album but it sounds pretty good. 
    It's not one of their better tunes to be fair :)

• Purchased "Peace Machine" by Philip Sayce on iTunes.

Sayce always puts out some cracking tunes. I tip my non-existent hat. Though this is only the second album I've purchased, I've listened to his stuff a bit in the past.

I think he should be more popular and recognised than he is.

Can't seem to track down his new one but I own Steamroller and love that. Except "The Bull", which just annoys me. I think it's the unnecessarily aggressive tone and vibe behind the whole song kinda really takes it away from the heavy blues content of the rest of the disc. Shame.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11449
    This was one a BBC4 programme about guitars, but I found the clip on youtube.

Wow.

• Just been listening to the One World album, which this is from - possibly John Martyn's finest work.

• Some guy in a chatroom linked me to this:

• I also dug into my old ELO records, in particular "On the Third Day"  

“Theory is something that is written down after the music has been made so we can explain it to others”– Levi Clay

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    I've just got "The Kindness of Strangers" by Spock's Beard... stupid band name but fuck me, they're good. Why's it taken me this long to check them out? This album is brilliant from start to finish.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    Back to back Pearl Jam at the moment.
  • Creedence Clearwater Revival. 

Recently acquired "Bayou Country", "Green River" and "Creedence Clearwater Revival" :D
  • Iamnobody said:

Half-expected to hate this. But I don't. I quite like it. Thanks for sharing. 
  • Iamnobody said:

there are several different formats of the new album on my Amazon recommends. That track does the classic Weller thing of making you think you've heard it somewhere before but can't quite place it. Given that he has occaisionaly taken some fairly direct inspiration from other artist's tunes in the past it's always possible that I have heard something similar before.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell.