Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    edited February 2015
    Listened to a lot of ELO tonight. What a band.

I know it's a cliche to say this as it's the one everyone knows, but "Mr Blue Sky" really is a corker isn't it. My favourite, though, is "Sweet Talkin' Woman", which I first heard in the car at the age of about six or seven... or "Telephone Line", or "Livin' Thing". Brilliant.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited February 2015
    Bucket said:
    Listened to a lot of ELO tonight. What a band.

I know it's a cliche to say this as it's the one everyone knows, but "Mr Blue Sky" really is a corker isn't it. My favourite, though, is "Sweet Talkin' Woman", which I first heard in the car at the age of about six or seven... or "Telephone Line", or "Livin' Thing". Brilliant.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24882
    edited February 2015
    ^ There was a BBC4 documentary on about Jeff Lynne a couple of years ago. I was amazed by the guy's musicality. I was also amazed by his guitar collection...

For a man so gifted he came across as remarkably lacking in ego.

If you haven't seen it, I'm sure it'll be on YT - it's really worth seeing.
  • Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Is that your band, Eric......?

• Is that your band, Eric......?

if only we were that good! I was looking for versions of this song ( Keith Richards one is good) and stumbled across this. At first you think it's going to be a car crash and then it's actually pretty good. Although what a worship band are doing playing that is beyond me. :o3
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Maybe it's a rastafarian church..?

• It has a loosely anti religious sentiment so in any church it would seem surprising, and I'm not 100% convinced any of those are rastas.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • freakboy1610freakboy1610 Frets: 1230
    edited February 2015
    This last week or two I have been loving the new LP by Cracker, Berkeley to Bakersfield. They rose, phoenix like, from the ashes of Camper Van Beethoven (another firm favourite) in the early 90's and have put out some great LP's somewhat sporadically ever since. I saw them in 93 (or possibly 94?) at the Camden Underworld when their classic album Kerosene Hat was out. At that point the recently ex-Pixie David Lovering was on drums. Anyway this new record is a double album. Disc 1 was recorded by the original lineup, recording together for the first time in 20 years. Disc 2 reflects the more country side of the band and features the new lineup, David Lowery and Johnny Hickman being the only constant members. Well worth £12!

Link to my trading feedback
  • Nice one /\ @freakboy1610

I saw them open for Counting Crows in Wolverhampton when Kerosene Hat came out, still play that album pretty regularly.
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    This last week or two I have been loving the new LP by Cracker, Berkeley to Bakersfield. They rose, phoenix like, from the ashes of Camper Van Beethoven (another firm favourite) in the early 90's and have put out some great LP's somewhat sporadically ever since. I saw them in 93 (or possibly 94?) at the Camden Underworld when their classic album Kerosene Hat was out. At that point the recently ex-Pixie David Lovering was on drums. Anyway this new record is a double album. Disc 1 was recorded by the original lineup, recording together for the first time in 20 years. Disc 2 reflects the more country side of the band and features the new lineup, David Lowery and Johnny Hickman being the only constant members. Well worth £12!

Enjoyed that cheers, reminds me of  The Travelling Wilburys.
  • LevLev Frets: 228
    I have recently fallen under the 'Big Wreck' spell, can't stop listening to them
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Luke Jackson - Misspent History (and he is only 19!!!! The bastard!!!!)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 16089
    edited February 2015
    steven wilsons...the raven that widnae sing for nae c*nt.....I think it's called
    tae be or not tae be
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John Fru binge. 

• This amazing Taylor Swift acoustic mash up.  It's very cleverly done:

• NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    edited February 2015
    Yesterday I had the first Queen and Paul Rodgers live album on in the car. I saw them live on that tour and bought the album at the time. Now that the dust has settled and the years have passed, I think he was largely unsuited to Queen, despite sounding decent on one or two songs...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4071
    edited February 2015
    @d8m ; Metric have done some great songs.  That's one of them.  Really like this one too cos I love guitar playing which does this sort of thing:
    Metric, "Breathing Underwater"   PS Anyone have any idea what guitar he's playing?

• Charlie Sexton  - Beat's So Lonely.  His voice is really incredible, especially considering he was 16 / 17 when he sang this: