Today, I have mostly been listening to ...

What's Hot

Comments

• DougDoug Frets: 172
    edited April 2015

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Joe Pass. First rate guitarist :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    @octahedron @freakboy1610 that Darkness track is a nice bit of good time rock'n'roll :)
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8574
    edited April 2015
    This will probably make me sound very uncool, but I am loving the new Ben Howard album. 

I had written him off in the same category as Jams Blunt from his first record, but he's ditched the acoustic and found more delay pedals that @wazmeister. The production really makes this record.

Here's a nice live clip

• GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7326
    Nils Frahm - Stays. Utterly brilliant.

• LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    @GavHaus he is amazing.

I've been listening to Carmina Burana by Carl Orff today. And Container Ships by Kowloon Walled City.
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7326
    @Loobs - that just reminds me of that level on Earthworm Jim :D
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3853
    Check out KWS for incredible sludgy rock jams.
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7752
    Quite a lot of Be Bop Deluxe today.

Guitar goals - Bill Nelson. What an amazing player.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bucket said:

Bill Nelson. What an amazing player.
    True dat :)
    Bucket said:

Bill Nelson. What an amazing player.
    True dat :)
    I only had a few tracks from a couple of albums, including that amazing 8-minute live version of Yorkshire Landscape, but the other day I found a 5-CD box set of their albums in a record shop in Brighton - it's got Axe Victim, Futurama, Sunburst Finish, Modern Music and Drastic Plastic on it, and I listened to the first three last night in a row. The guitar work is simply stunning.

There's a lot of guitarists in 70s rock bands who I don't really care for, or don't hear anything particularly exciting brought to the table, but Bill Nelson is one of the best - to the point where I think of him as actually being quite ahead of his time. I think it's true of Ollie Halsall as well, another superb and criminally underrated player.
    @Bucket yes I've got that CD set and the first 2 have been in my CD player recently. :)

I do believe it was your good self who alerted me to the existence of Ollie Halsall :)
    @Bucket yes I've got that CD set and the first 2 have been in my CD player recently. :)

I do believe it was your good self who alerted me to the existence of Ollie Halsall :)
    Glad I could be of service :D

Ollie was great, I just wish he'd got himself into some better bands and made a more successful career of it.

Big influence on Holdsworth though!
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    My borrowed 1999 Fiesta's noisy back box. I don't have the code for the stereo... ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctahedronOctahedron Frets: 400
    There's this covers album Diesel did of blues/rock/funk. The name escapes me. There's some interesting stuff on there. I enjoy the funky acoustic version of Aerosmith's Sweet Emotion, and their rendition of My Baby Likes to Boogaloo.

I plan to next listen to War of Kings by Europe. ;)
    Music the great communicator, use two sticks to make it in the nature - a music reviews blog: http://usetwosticks.wordpress.com/
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    The re-issues of the first two Tori Amos albums.

These were massive albums for me when they first came out, and I had most of the singles so I'm familiar with a lot of the bonus tracks, but I still couldn't resist buying them again.

Jacques Loussier

I wish I had the skills to do for Bach on the guitar what JL did for him on the piano
  • NunogilbertoNunogilberto Frets: 1679
    Gary Moore - mainly stuff from the Wild Frontier album. Loving the shreddy Celtic vibe.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Annette Peacock - a new discovery for me, but how cool is this?

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    Found myself on YouTube listening to a best of the blues album with Howling Wolf Smokestack lighting and others :)