Yes!!!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Can't wait.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited January 2017
    Holy shit socks,  I didn't know! You have saved my evening! 
  • Tonights episode seems to be about a group of traditional roofers.

• FuengiFuengi Frets: 2850
    Loved Sherlock until the stupid Victorian one they shot (was it last year?). Turned off after 25 minutes as couldn't bear it. 

Also found Cumberbatch's portrayal of Alan Turing in The Imitation Game to be an insult to the memory of the man. The script was also absolute rubbish to be fair. 

...so am sort of looking forward to watching tonight, but if it is not good I think I'm done with Sherlock. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • They're living on past glories since season  2. They need to get it right with these episodes. 
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    First 2 seasons were great. Went downhill once it turned into a domestic sitcom
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • That was awful. Lame story. It feels like it's going a bit "doctor who." I didn't like Mary as a character. 
    Dreadful. 
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Underwhelming 

• But who was the woman on the bus, and is Mary really dead?

Problem is that they have exhausted the Conan Doyle source material so they write sub- Line of Duty style plots with knowing Doctor Who style humour.

Jumped the shark as a result
  • danodano Frets: 1610
    But who was the woman on the bus, 
    I'm not sure, but I was sitting here thinking she's got a big mouth and I'd like to give her one.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • It does feel a bit Doctor Who... and directed by the same bloke I beleive?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73031
    I thought it was shit and irritating. Ridiculous and overcomplicated. It has been at least since they introduced the wife-as-ex-secret-agent character.

I missed about five minutes in the middle when I thought there was a strange noise somewhere in the house, and then I couldn't find the cat who I thought was probably responsible - that was a much more interesting a mystery, and I really couldn't be bothered trying to work out whether I'd missed anything important when I came back.

The cat wasn't guilty, by the way.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    I enjoyed it and certainly going to watch next week's,  and @ICBM your cat is guilty they all are of being annoying self serving evil fur balls who will destroy your house and legs at a moments notice.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • My missus is "Sherlock" fan so we had it on while I was paying more attention to sports game on my laptop. 
    Really poor episode I think. Story was not very interesting, seemed forced. While climate was lacking. To be honest - I doubt I will watch next week's one.
    Next weeks looks better as it seems to have a proper villain. Toby Jones is always good.

But having Sherlock texting and tweeting all the time like a 15 year old is ridiculous.

In the first 2 series they got the balance right while remaining true to the original character. Now it's almost a parody.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Col_DeckerCol_Decker Frets: 2188
    But who was the woman on the bus, and is Mary really dead?
    I thought the girl on the bus one of the girls from Biker Grove. 

Ed Conway & The Unlawful Men - Alt Prog Folk: The FaceBook and The SoundCloud

'Rope Or A Ladder', 'Don't Sing Love Songs', and 'Poke The Frog'  albums available now - see FaceBook page for details

• olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    Not as good as the first 2 seasons but it's still better than most of the crap on TV. 

I don't know about anyone else but I don't know how Watson could be into that girl at all after she started speaking, her voice was dreadful. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3098
    edited January 2017
    I dont watch a lot of TV, so missed series 1 and 2, but on the back of all the hype watched last years Victorian episode, which the Pink One got to the end of, while I immersed myself online, I just couldn't make sense of it.....
    Gave it another chance tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it, Mary is IMHO not dead (and worth a squirt) I guess she on the bus will reappear at some point..
    I shall watch again...
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14007
    Not as good as Basil Rathbone

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom