Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Ive been avoiding mention of the hallucination scenes but as boogieman has gone public on this Ill follow through (oh er).

Are we supposed to think that that was unique to that character obviously the people tuning up in the hallucination are unique, or do they all go through it during the transformation.  And they didn't appear to destroy the brains.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There is a transformation period so I guess they might all have...y'know it's fiction, right?
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • There is a transformation period so I guess they might all have...y'know it's fiction, right?
    What?????  are you saying that I wasted money on that Zombie Apocalypse kit.

What?????  are you saying that I wasted money on that Zombie Apocalypse kit.

No. I mean, zombies are real. I've just spent the day in Wolverhampton so I've seen the evidence. Just that The WD has some made up bits - to make the forthcoming zombie apocalypse not seem so bad.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    thumpingrug;516634" said:
    And they didn't appear to destroy the brains.
    I wondered about that too!
  • boogieman said:
    thumpingrug;516634" said:
    And they didn't appear to destroy the brains.
    I wondered about that too!

he was their friend so they poured olive oil into his ear until the brains were soft enough to suck out with a straw.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Thinking about the brain stabbing, in the past with "friends" they've done it at the base of the neck/back of the head, so maybe they just didn't feel the need to show it?
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    Another slow burner this week - but I liked it and the scene in the barn was epic and nice to see the character appearing at the end - wonder if they'l take it in the same direction as the graphic novels. 
  • My son's girlfriend watched it with us and she was completely mystified why we were watching this slow, depressing programme. They've given up on casual or new viewers now then.
    The bit were Rick said...well no spoilers but in an otherwise almost silent episode I did cringe a bit at that.
    My son's girlfriend watched it with us and she was completely mystified why we were watching this slow, depressing programme. They've given up on casual or new viewers now then.
    The bit were Rick said...well no spoilers but in an otherwise almost silent episode I did cringe a bit at that.
    LOL! yep it was a bit cringey, but I could see the poignancy all the same!

• These last two have had quite a different feel and pacing.  either new writers or a deliberate decision to slow things down for a few episodes.

• WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    Haven't we had the big "we are the walking dead" line before? In the comics it comes at the point they realise they are all infected whether bitten or not. here it comes with a grandpa war story to tell the audience no character is safe.
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    I hope it's deliberately slow at the moment so they can build up towards something spectacular at the end of the series. Cos if not, it's getting rather boring :(
  • I don't usually enjoy the slow-burners but I liked that one. The trailer for the nest episode suggests it could be an action-packed cracker.

Nice cliffhanger though - how come Aaron is so clean and fresh? Where did he come from?
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    thermionic;525232" said:
    I don't usually enjoy the slow-burners but I liked that one. The trailer for the nest episode suggests it could be an action-packed cracker.

Nice cliffhanger though - how come Aaron is so clean and fresh? Where did he come from?
    was he/they the ones that left the water? If they have been watching (and they have because he knew Ricks name and the fact he was in charge) why not offer help earlier?
    I don't usually enjoy the slow-burners but I liked that one. The trailer for the nest episode suggests it could be an action-packed cracker.

IF it's following (even loosely) the comics, you'll find out the explantation for this soon enough 
    underdog said:
    thermionic;525232" said:

was he/they the ones that left the water? If they have been watching (and they have because he knew Ricks name and the fact he was in charge) why not offer help earlier?
    I suspect so, and as I said above, all will (should!) become clear in the next episode. Unless they've completely gone off at a tangent! :D 
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945

exactly - wait and see.  

what you should know already:

* He is clean.  that suggests they are surving better than anyone we have seen so far

* He didn't introduce himself until he knew the group and had chance to vet them first

WezV said:

exactly - wait and see.  

what you should know already:

* He is clean.  that suggests they are surving better than anyone we have seen so far

* He didn't introduce himself until he knew the group and had chance to vet them first

This. So intrigued to see how they handle the story vs. the book at this point (partly because I'm basically at the same point). Roll on Monday. 
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    edited February 2015
    boogieman said:
    I hope it's deliberately slow at the moment so they can build up towards something spectacular at the end of the series. Cos if not, it's getting rather boring :(
    see I don't understand this reaction  and that of a fair few on Facebook)... In the previous 2 episodes there have been deaths of major characters , this weeks episode was a slow burner (as it needed to be after the events of episodes 8 and 9) and people are saying it's boring ... at least it's not as bad as season 2 or "Farmer Rick" time again !
    sticker said:
    boogieman said:
    see I don't understand this reaction  and that of a fair few on Facebook)... In the previous 2 episodes there have been deaths of major characters , this weeks episode was a slow burner (as it needed to be after the events of episodes 8 and 9) and people are saying it's boring ... at least it's not as bad as season 2 or "Farmer Rick" time again !
    This.

It's a tv series for fuck sake. Let them build it up!