Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

The Walking Dead Thread

What's Hot

Comments

• lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    Meh it was ok I guess, this season however is by some distance the worst one yet-hopefully just a dip and it will be back to its best. If this was the first season, I think I'd have given up on it. I don't want or need it to be action all the time but I don't feel like these 8 episodes have gone anywhere, or shown any character development-Morgan excepted. The Morgan storyline is toilet though IMO who the fuck is going to be a pacifist in that climate? The fight with Carol was lame. I can't believe anyone would behave like Eugene when confronted with walkers either, or would be long dead by now.....I am glad they've finally used the guts trick though. Glad there's a hint of a new baddie though, think they could have done what they did in 8 episodes in 4 and lost nothing (apart from advertising £££).

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    edited November 2015
    Here's Negan :D Didn't expect to see him yet.
  • Monkeybone;851186" said:
    What puzzles me is why nobody is using the tried and tested technique of zombie avoidance that is covering yourself in zombie guts like they did before, have they forgotten?
    I swear to the gods I must be psychic...

My band - Crimson on Silver  For sale - Blackstar HT-5S

Gear - Guitars, amps, effects and shizz. Edited for Phil_aka_Pip, who is allergic to big long lists.

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    lloyd said:
    Meh it was ok I guess, this season however is by some distance the worst one yet-hopefully just a dip and it will be back to its best. If this was the first season, I think I'd have given up on it. I don't want or need it to be action all the time but I don't feel like these 8 episodes have gone anywhere, or shown any character development-Morgan excepted. The Morgan storyline is toilet though IMO who the fuck is going to be a pacifist in that climate? The fight with Carol was lame. I can't believe anyone would behave like Eugene when confronted with walkers either, or would be long dead by now.....I am glad they've finally used the guts trick though. Glad there's a hint of a new baddie though, think they could have done what they did in 8 episodes in 4 and lost nothing (apart from advertising £££).
    Have you read the comics? 

If not, the second part of the season will grant all your wishes and more. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7792
    edited December 2015
    I'm enjoying this series but think that was the weakest Ep in it so far. My money was on Carl getting done in and the cliffhanger being everyone waiting to see just HOW postal Rick was going to go.
    Red ones are better. 
  • Very Poor for the mid season finale i thought, including the basement bit - why didnt eugenes group just shoot morgans guy in the basement?
    Who's negan?
  • lloydlloyd Frets: 5774
    joneve said:
    lloyd said:

No I haven't, hoping the next half picks up or I'll be giving up on it as a show I'm looking forward to the weekend finishing for the next installment. 

Manchester based original indie band Random White:

https://www.facebook.com/RandomWhite

https://twitter.com/randomwhite1

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    lloyd said:
    joneve said:
    lloyd said:

No I haven't, hoping the next half picks up or I'll be giving up on it as a show I'm looking forward to the weekend finishing for the next installment. 

I'll eat my hat if the second half of the season doesn't pick up. Unless they completely butcher the Nagan Storyline, you're in for a treat. 

edited December 2015
    Yeah this seasons is going to be for Negan, and if you thought the governor was a bad guy well just wait :D

I think the Carl bit was another bit of fishing for the comic fans, in the comic he loses an eye and I think that is what that was for.

Same as Rick and his hand a few weeks back.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    Yeah this seasons is going to for Negan, and igneous thought the governor was a bad guy well just wait :D

I think the Carl bit was another bit of fishing for the comic fans, in the comic he loses an eye and I think that is what that was for.

Wis. And let's not forget Glenn almost lost his head to a baseball bat in Terminus last season, which makes me think the Negan thing won't quite play the same way as the comics. But we'll see...
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I thought it was a bit disappointing as well. I was expecting all the disparate story arcs to converge (Daryl, Glenn, Abraham) but we're not quite there.

I think they played the guts thing well though. It seems to me that it's a very risky thing to try and they don't want to play it as a panacea or deus ex machina that gets them out of every tight situation.
    stickyfiddle;878219" said:
    underdog said:

Yeah this seasons is going to for Negan, and igneous thought the governor was a bad guy well just wait :D

Wis. And let's not forget Glenn almost lost his head to a baseball bat in Terminus last season, which makes me think the Negan thing won't quite play the same way as the comics. But we'll see...
    I'm not sure they will copy the story too close, I can't see it being Glenn anyway, someone with redder hair would be my guess if they're going to have that part in to get you to hate Negan.
  • I thought it was tense and great. 8-X
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12538
    EricTheWeary;879326" said:
    I thought it was tense and great. 8-X
    Me too. Especially the Maggie on the ladder and the Carol/Morgan/Wolf in the basement bits.
  • boogieman said:
    EricTheWeary;879326" said:
    I thought it was tense and great. 8-X
    Me too. Especially the Maggie on the ladder and the Carol/Morgan/Wolf in the basement bits.

and Carl and the other lad in the garage and right before the end credits 'Mom' I nearly jumped out of my seat. :-O
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12538
    EricTheWeary;879542" said:
    boogieman said:

EricTheWeary;879326" said:I thought it was tense and great. 8-X

and Carl and the other lad in the garage and right before the end credits 'Mom' I nearly jumped out of my seat. :-O
    Oh yeah. "Mom. Mom ". Could see that coming. What an irritating kid. Surprised nobody thought to knock him out or gag him first.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4222
    I was disappointed tbh, after the Glenn "miraculous" escape, this just seemed an aimless and a filler before the mid season break, at this rate it will be one of those series to no longer bother with
  • stickersticker Frets: 872
    underdog said:
    stickyfiddle;878219" said:
    underdog said:

I'm not sure they will copy the story too close, I can't see it being Glenn anyway, someone with redder hair would be my guess if they're going to have that part in to get you to hate Negan.
    I was thinking along similar lines but with someone more Mullety ... Would be like watching him kick a puppy. 
    sticker;879932" said:
    underdog said:

stickyfiddle;878219" said:underdog said:

I was thinking along similar lines but with someone more Mullety ... Would be like watching him kick a puppy. 
    Oh hadn't thought of him, that would work as it would get rid of a very annoying character
  • Maggie climbing the ladder was the best bit of the episode

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom