WORLD CUP 2018

What's Hot

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    17reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    57Deluxe said:
    the fucking smugness of the Commentary team though is arse cheek clenching...

Have to agree with you, it's terrible. I've just heard "goal keeping of the highest order" it was shot straight at him, it was a save you'd expect to be made, and he made it, good on him, it was nothing more.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4739

Credit to Sweden, no diving, no histrionics, an honest, well organised team who play to their strengths.  They weren't good enough but they bow out having at least giving their best.

England, good posession, slow build up, lack of penetration but hard to beat, great team spirit, excellent at set pieces.  Great at beating pub teams! 

I’m happy though, I’m 41, I was 13 the last time England were in a world cup semi!
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7350
    Don't 'bout you guys but I got a World Cup semi!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

They say there's no romance in football but I think it's rather lovely that the whole of Sailsbury are supporting Croatia tonight.....

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12492
    edited July 2018
    I’m in Crete at the moment. Just watched the game in the hotel lobby... with a load of Swedes. They were actually very magnanimous in defeat. 

GET IN!!! 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14004
    has anyone got the tracking number for the Jules Rimet Trophy? it appears to have been despatched and will soon be home...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ModellistaModellista Frets: 2047
    England made it look easy. I've never been able to say that before. Sounds good. 
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11415
    has anyone got the tracking number for the Jules Rimet Trophy? it appears to have been despatched and will soon be home...
    Been in Rio since 1970.

What's important is that the performances have improved game-to-game. There are several players who I thought might have their places in doubt but that's why the FA chose Soutgate and not me to be England manager.

On we go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • eSullyeSully Frets: 981
    From an Irishman. Congrats and good for you. Gareth Southgate must be one of the most likeable managers in the World Cup and there’s a great team spirit. Good luck in the semi final!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14004
    I dived into the blow up pool in the garden fully clothed like a diving Jordan Pickford pretty drunk and shouting “It's coming home” then ran back through the house splashing water everywhere, just pulled the cork on a bottle of Shiraz and going to smash into that then order a chinese takeaway for the family and friends that are now laughing at me stripped to my boxers dripping wet!

It's coming the fuck home!

8reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    I dived into the blow up pool in the garden fully clothed like a diving Jordan Pickford pretty drunk and shouting “It's coming home” then ran back through the house splashing water everywhere, just pulled the cork on a bottle of Shiraz and going to smash into that then order a chinese takeaway for the family and friends that are now laughing at me stripped to my boxers dripping wet!

It's coming the fuck home!

Hopefully not to your house tho - I’m not sure we could cope with the tv coverage....!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6886
    We’ll see how strong the English side is when we actually come up against a decent team... 

Still they look better than previous years. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    eSully said:
    From an Irishman. Congrats and good for you. Gareth Southgate must be one of the most likeable managers in the World Cup and there’s a great team spirit. Good luck in the semi final!!
    Thanks mate
  • Tone71Tone71 Frets: 632
    We played well, lots of positives, great team with a great manger, Sweden were as boring as always but for once I wasn't biting my nails and pacing.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16340
    First cold beer almost in living memory. 

Over the moon  with the outcome but a lot of missed chances and moments of poor play by England. Hard not to feel they’d be taken apart by France or Belgium. Although, thankfully, they haven’t got them next so that’s alright then :smile: And I haven’t had to take an axe to my poang. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 

Over the moon  with the outcome but a lot of missed chances and moments of poor play by England. Hard not to feel they’d be taken apart by France or Belgium. Although, thankfully, they haven’t got them next so that’s alright then :smile: And I haven’t had to take an axe to my poang. 
    Don't be so negative, as a neutral I don't think that, you could beat either team on their day ... Croatia however  ;)
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5018
    eSully said:
    Well said and I heartily agree. Pickford was very good today, the England defense is pretty sound too. Croatia, if the beat Russia as expected, might be a bit too good for England. 

England as a country should be very proud of the team. I am delighted that Southgate has been vindicated in his squad selection. Impressed too the way Southgate dresses for the games. Waistcoats are the next big thing so get yours before they are all gone. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16340
    eSully said:

Don't be so negative, as a neutral I don't think that, you could beat either team on their day ... Croatia however  ;)
    I don’t think anything is a done deal but England definitely had moments where a better team than Sweden would have been able to take more advantage. Maybe I’m just too used to disappointment. 

The thing I actually meant to comment on was what a joy it was to watch two teams free of the antics we’ve seen in previous matches - crowding around the ref, play acting stuff. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    eSully said:

I don’t think anything is a done deal but England definitely had moments where a better team than Sweden would have been able to take more advantage. Maybe I’m just too used to disappointment. 

The thing I actually meant to comment on was what a joy it was to watch two teams free of the antics we’ve seen in previous matches - crowding around the ref, play acting stuff. 
    Agreed. I'm delighted that Neymar, his two hairdressers and whoever else is in his entourage have buggered off. I'd rather see footballers like Kane and Hazard in the final. It disappoints me that so many in Ireland/Scotland/Wales don't want to see you do well when English fans have shown us so much support in other tournaments!! I hope you win it ... but as a neutral, I hope it's bloody dramatic the whole way!!!