What's Hot
eoinzyeoinzy Frets: 128
edited July 2022 in Guitar
-
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    Getting a string end stuck about an inch into your finger.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 26reaction image Wisdom
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 4211
    It not sounding how I imagine it should sound. 
    Trading feedback thread:https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/172761/drofluf

Sporky: "Drofluf is a reverse vampire, who always appears in mirrors."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10072
    Pot metal
    Trussrod adjuster at the dusty end
    3TSB
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3168
    edited July 2020
    Neck dive on an SG. Completely ruins an otherwise excellent guitar for me. That's why I've never bought one but love playing them in shops.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4256
    How Floyd roses are so stable when tuned, yet so time consuming to get in tune and set up initially.   Such a juxtaposition. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • PC_DavePC_Dave Frets: 3434
    Anything Les Paul 
    This week's procrastination forum might be moved to sometime next week.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4635
    How Floyd roses are so stable when tuned, yet so time consuming to get in tune and set up initially.   Such a juxtaposition. 
    I know, I’ve got mine dive only with some mahogany behind the block so it’s easy peasy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WoodenheadWoodenhead Frets: 148
    Volume knob been too close to the bridge pickup (I'm looking at you Mr. Fender), my fault for anchoring my picking hand, I guess.

Dropping a plectrum, where do they go?

• PabcranePabcrane Frets: 502
    Custom shops
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74494
    edited July 2020
    Volume knob been too close to the bridge pickup (I'm looking at you Mr. Fender), my fault for anchoring my picking hand, I guess.
    I don't anchor my hand at all, in fact I flail about like a demented ape , and it's right in the way for me too - I'm constantly bashing it with my knuckles. Strats should have the volume control about an inch lower down, and only one tone control.

What *really* pisses me off though... is the ridiculously regressive, pointless, Luddite return to archaic mechanical switching for pedals, when the problems it causes had been solved by the mid 80s - until "boutique" pedals came along and reintroduced them.

Why does it piss me off? Because it means there are loads of otherwise really cool pedals which I just won't even consider buying because they have a crappy metal mechanical switch (or even just a 'soft' imitation of one).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5229
    What grinds my gears is why you put a capital G on Guitars!  ;)
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • rossirossi Frets: 1741
    Not being able to afford a strat in 1960.Still never actually bought a  new Fender Strat though have partscasters
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aspnetaspnet Frets: 46
    n+1 that never ends

A natural ability to make a guitar play even worse whenever I try and fix something that's bugging me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 7024
    Not having more time to play them!
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6232
    Inconsistency and off days. I accept that they’ll happen to me, I’m a deeply flawed human(ish) person thing. But I’ll swear they happen to guitars and amps too. One day you feel like you’re in a groove and it all clicks, the next you can’t play and/or nothing sounds right. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 856
    edited July 2020
    ICBM said:
    I don't anchor my hand at all, in fact I flail about like a demented ape , and it's right in the way for me too - I'm constantly bashing it with my knuckles. Strats should have the volume control about an inch lower down, and only one tone control.

What *really* pisses me off though... is the ridiculously regressive, pointless, Luddite return to archaic mechanical switching for pedals, when the problems it causes had been solved by the mid 80s - until "boutique" pedals came along and reintroduced them.

Why does it piss me off? Because it means there are loads of otherwise really cool pedals which I just won't even consider buying because they have a crappy metal mechanical switch (or even just a 'soft' imitation of one).
    @ICBM if they’re getting annoying, there is this great brand called Boss that are getting really popular. In fact they do a stonking  Multi-fx called an ME-50 which I reckon would be right up your alley...

:-)

(PS I agree). 
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1223
    One day I sound like Paul Davids and then the next day I sound like Marty Schwartz.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • BlueStratBlueStrat Frets: 1018
    It not sounding like David Gilmour’s, despite having the same word on the headstock
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2482
    Guitars leaving the factory with badly cut nuts. Far too many of them. Surely it can't be that difficult or costly to do the job properly?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 856
    What really annoys me is the fact I seem incapable of playing strats properly. After years of Teles and LPs I just can’t get them to balance properly, sitting or standing, and the whole process just becomes too conscious. Probably just need a few more 1000 hours..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom