Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Latest flu vaccine: anyone had any side effects?

What's Hot
I had my jab at lunchtime on Wednesday (13th). On Thursday I felt abit rough, nothing serious though,  but last nignt (Saturday morning) I was running a temp of 101F. I feel slightly cooler this morning and am wondering if this was a side effect to the vaccine? I'm not coughing and I've just done a lateral flow test for covid that came back clear. I've never had a reaction in the past to flu vaccines so Im just wondering what the general side effects of this year's batch is like. Looking online for symptoms suggest some people might get a slightly raised temperature the next day,  so my  high temp was a clear 2.5 days after the jab.
Have any of you folks, who've had the jab experienced such longer lasting side effects?
(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17137
    Nope. I felt shitty the following day, really drained, but after that I was back to normal. Same for my missus.

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5180
    edited October 2021
    I had mine on Thursday.. Bit rough yesterday and slight cough 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33842
    Had no side effects.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30310
    I couldn't play guitar after I had the jab, but some would say I couldn't before the jab.

Funnily enough, the injection site hurt a lot more on the 2nd jab than the 1st one.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • My wife and I had the flu jab a couple of days ago and had no side effects, apart from a slight arm ache in my case.

It's not a competition.
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    I had the flu vaccine for the first time last Saturday and have been fine, I'd previously avoided them due to a combination of hearing stories of people feeling unwell and memories of injections at school but after having the covid ones earlier in the year and having no issue I thought I might as well get the flu one this time.
  • poopotpoopot Frets: 9099
    Yeah, had mine Wednesday, had a high temp the following day… arm still hurts like a bitch!
  • rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1384
    Mrs RSV aka Dr RSV reckons it is more potent this year. She isn’t an expert in vaccines but reports anecdotally that more symptoms are being reported. Also, there is a strong theory that our immune systems are not match fit after 18 months in lock down and therefore people are more susceptible to colds etc
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
  • No side effects this year. Was quite rough last year, but ok this.
  • Sluggish for an hour about 3 hours post-jab. Fine since. Might have had nothing to do with the jab. Last year, I had the normal "slightly-off-day" reaction I usually get. 
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 7389
    It's because of the tracking microchip they embed into your body so that you are more receptive to 5G, or something along those lines.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3672
    No physical side effects but, having not broken a string in years, since having the flu jab I've broken 3 different strings on the same guitar!  Clearly the makers of the flu jab are in league with D'Addario and Strings Direct.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27684
    BillDL said:
    It's because of the tracking microchip they embed into your body so that you are more receptive to 5G, or something along those lines.
    I think you're probably joking about that,  but I've found I have to plug myself in to recharge more frequently since the jab.

No side effects.    Didn't have any reaction to the Covid jabs either.    Maybe I'm getting bad jabs ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • vizviz Frets: 10720
    edited October 2021
    I barked for about a day. Normally I cluck, so that was odd. 

(edit - just in case nobody got my joke, it's because it was developed in cells cloned from a cocker spaniel who lived in 1958 rather than grown in millions of chicken eggs, which is really cool!)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Did it affect your chicken picking?
    It's not a competition.
  • neilgneilg Frets: 94
    TTony said:
    BillDL said:
    I think you're probably joking about that,  but I've found I have to plug myself in to recharge more frequently since the jab.

I don't have to use a plug, I just sit in my car while it's charging.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15620
    neilg said:
    TTony said:
    BillDL said:

ooooo, 'ark at you with your fancy pants wifi recharging. All we had was an old fashioned plug, and we were grateful me lad!!!

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27684
    VimFuego said:
    neilg said:
    TTony said:
    BillDL said:

ooooo, 'ark at you with your fancy pants wifi recharging. All we had was an old fashioned plug, and we were grateful me lad!!!
    But did you have one of the modern sockets, or was it one of the old butt ones?
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5407
    I felt like I was in the early stages of flu the day after, but it cleared in 24 hours.

Having got old enough to get these things, it seems that's my personal pattern with jabs. Not hugely looking forward to the Covid booster when I fall due. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6920
    viz said:
    Did it affect your chicken picking?
    Were you feeling dog rough?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1