Flippers…(not the Dolphin kind)

What's Hot

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5472
    Just struck me as quite a coincidence that with such a sparse history of engagement on this forum by yourself , you arrive to comment on a thread like this.

buying Low and selling high is how folks make money, on here there are a lot of people who have a lot of resentment towards dealers who have “corrupted” the 2 nd hand guitar market.

I Have no feelings either way personally, but also am fully aware that some trawl the internet looking for stock to sell on. Using multiple identities across various forums and selling sites is an MO for some for sure.

anyway  It’s tough times for many and I would imagine the prices will continue to drop in the used market as sales dry up. Some react badly to others listing “their” old guitar for more.

personally speaking I Don’t think it’s anyone business what happens after they sell a guitar.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • JR-GibboManJR-GibboMan Frets: 88
    mgaw said:
    Just struck me as quite a coincidence that with such a sparse history of engagement on this forum by yourself , you arrive to comment on a thread like this.

buying Low and selling high is how folks make money, on here there are a lot of people who have a lot of resentment towards dealers who have “corrupted” the 2 nd hand guitar market.

I Have no feelings either way personally, but also am fully aware that some trawl the internet looking for stock to sell on. Using multiple identities across various forums and selling sites is an MO for some for sure.

anyway  It’s tough times for many and I would imagine the prices will continue to drop in the used market as sales dry up. Some react badly to others listing “their” old guitar for more.

personally speaking I Don’t think it’s anyone business what happens after they sell a guitar.

it's because buying and selling guitars is what I do. There's nothing negative about it.
    I dont really care about anyone's opinion on that process. I don't do any of that you mentioned above so nothing to comment on that process other than I wouldn't do that.
    if you deal in pre-owned and vintage you need to buy from private sellers and need the price lower to make a margin. That's how it works. We don't have a supplier to call and ask for 30 pre-owned strats when we need then at X price.

I'm all for someone selling something and making money on it. I'd rather we all did that than losing each time..that doesn't help anyone. I'll be dammed if I'm losing money on every guitar I buy..that's why I don't buy guitars new.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:

any discussions on here around dealers or flippers etc are sent to me by a friend on here as I don't have time to waste on here and get up to 1000s of engagements..my time is better spent finding guitars to sell on and make something on them to put food on the table.

Anyway..I'm off out to buy a guitar to sell on and make money so I get a free guitar/pedal next.

Enjoy guys..MON THE FLIPPERS! YOU ROCK..KEEP IT UP!

MUCH LOVE TO ALL MY FLIPPER BROTHERS!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    mgaw said:

any discussions on here around dealers or flippers etc are sent to me by a friend on here as I don't have time to waste on here and get up to 1000s of engagements..my time is better spent finding guitars to sell on and make something on them to put food on the table.

Anyway..I'm off out to buy a guitar to sell on and make money so I get a free guitar/pedal next.

Have you always had a good instinct for appropriately placed good PR? 
    16reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • GandalphGandalph Frets: 1788
    mgaw said:

Another shop to cross off my list, you come across as a bit of an arse to be fair. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
    Gandalph said:
    mgaw said:

Another shop to cross off my list, you come across as a bit of an arse to be fair. 
    how so? because I'm for guys buying and selling stuff for profit?
    Let's be honest..guys on here don't buy from shops anyway.
    The fact you've said "another shop crossed off my list" backs that up to.
    How's about you speak to shops, visit them or call them and get an experience of a shop rather than making assumptions on a forum which is totally against shops and dealers?
    That might be a better way to view a shop than reading a comment and taking your own interpretation from a comment online with no tone or context around it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Gandalph said:
    mgaw said:

it's called a bit of tongue in cheek fun..its just a bit of fun cause this place gets the pitchfork out for dealers and flippers..treat it as a light hearted joke..nothing more n nothing less..lighten up a little
    edited July 28
    how so? because I'm for guys buying and selling stuff for profit?
    Let's be honest..guys on here don't buy from shops anyway.
    The fact you've said "another shop crossed off my list" backs that up to.
    How's about you speak to shops, visit them or call them and get an experience of a shop rather than making assumptions on a forum which is totally against shops and dealers?
    That might be a better way to view a shop than reading a comment and taking your own interpretation from a comment online with no tone or context around it.
    Ffs.  Loads of people on here buy from shops, some spend a lot of money in shops.

i would also hazard a guess that most members are familiar with “the shop experience”

some shops are better than others though and some are so smart they try and avoid delivering shitty PR statements to potential customers on the internet.

just saying….
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1163
    These type of threads always bring out the best in people.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1677
    mgaw said:

Given how valuable you keep saying your time is and how great you are buying and selling, you seem to have plenty of it to waste posting deliberately antagonising comments in this thread. Almost like it’s bullshit.
  • SnagsSnags Frets: 5617
    It's nice to finally get something entertaining to read. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4053
    to think I got to the end of page 2 and was concerned this was only going to get to 5 pages because of low quality fish puns
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 668
    prlgmnr said:
    to think I got to the end of page 2 and was concerned this was only going to get to 5 pages because of low quality fish puns
    Mate, they're all over the plaice.
    Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fendermadlewisfendermadlewis Frets: 668
    This thread is so far ticking all the boxes for the fretboard biannual antiflipper mega thread! So far it's got:

-Poster complaining about selling a guitar that got listed for more than they sold it for.
    -Debate as to whether or not the seller is a flipper. 
    -A big argument where nobody achieves anything.
    -Somebody mentioning how often the flipper threads come up. 
    -Pitchforks
    -Fish puns.

BUT there's work to be done guys. It STILL needs:

-Mentioning 'Bognor Regis' every 2nd page
    -Mass speculation off the sellers tax status. 
    -Pictures of dolphins
    -Admin Closing the thread when someone takes it too far.
    - @AdRock82 ; you chimed in honestly and explained what happened, that's just not how things are done around here. Please make a fake profile and return justifying the actions of this 'mysterious ebay seller'

Thanks

Guitar dealer and G.A.S merchant by day: www.vibrocaster.com 
      Blues/rock singer & guitarist by night: www.alexhamiltonguitar.com

10reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 783
    Everything’s got a bit salty.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • notsopronotsopro Frets: 246
    mgaw said:
    None really. You own the Guitar Trade Centre in Glasgow so I imagine you are busy running that.  
    That company is currently in the process of being stuck off, so my guess is James has a little more time on his hands these days, and therefore no longer needs his 'friend' to give him info on these topics and can contribute himself. 
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    That may go some way to explaining his tone
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2765
    notsopro said:
    mgaw said:
    None really. You own the Guitar Trade Centre in Glasgow so I imagine you are busy running that.  
    That company is currently in the process of being stuck off, so my guess is James has a little more time on his hands these days, and therefore no longer needs his 'friend' to give him info on these topics and can contribute himself. 
    What happens to consignment sales in this situation?
    notsopro said:
    mgaw said:
    What happens to consignment sales in this situation?
    The Guitar Trade Centre doesn't have any stock or consignment guitars. The business isn't trading.
    notsopro said:
    mgaw said:
    if only you were in the know that would explain. Its not hard to look deeper and find it what's REALLY going on. thanks for your inaccurate concerns though.
This discussion has been closed.