The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Fretwired said:
    Emp_Fab said:
    We wouldn't be in this bloody mess if it wasn't for the pig-fucker. 
    Any evidence this happened?
    I'm pretty sure if he can fuck with a whole nation's future just to try get some popularity, he wouldn't have given a second thought to pretending to fuck a dead pigs head to get a few mates at uni.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11670
    Emp_Fab said:
    Image result for boris johnson zip
    Of course you'd never see Corbyn doing that.

Not with a union flag, anyway.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6327
    tFB Trader
    ICBM said:
    JezWynd said:

Does anyone seriously think that he could be PM? 
    Unfortunately, yes. Even worse, it might *not* be him...

Can you think of anyone else in the Tory party with even the slightest basic competence and credibility, at least equivalent to not having screwed up being Mayor of London too badly - and who isn't too old, or too unpopular with large sections of the party?

It's really quite unbelievable that a party which has been in power for seven years has almost no credible leadership candidates, but it seems to be the case

Do some digging on this guy and you'll find he's a credible candidate. However he is probably deemed too junior.

Johnny Mercer of Plymouth Moor.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    People keep forgetting Boris was London Mayor for 2 terms (London being mostly Labour voters)
    He's probably the most popular (with the public) senior tory by a mile
  • exocetexocet Frets: 2065
    From today's Sunday Times, but to circumnavigate the pay wall, see it published elsewhere.

http://fromua.news/article/52385351/Robert-Harris-on-Theresa-May-As-Churchill-said-a-bad-leader-must-be/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I just did a bit of reading up on the DUP. Didn't really know anything about them beforehand.

Jesus fucking H - taking a massive black cock up the arse - Christ !!!

These people are backwards as fuck!!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Drew_TNBD said:
    I just did a bit of reading up on the DUP. Didn't really know anything about them beforehand.

Jesus fucking H - taking a massive black cock up the arse - Christ !!!

These people are backwards as fuck!!
    The DUP have been running Northern Ireland for years, it's great!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74393
    There's also the Renewable Heat Incentive fiasco which Arlene Foster was personally involved with and which could cost the taxpayer up to half a billion pounds.

It's absolutely desperate for May to even consider working with them.

And that's even if it doesn't breach the Good Friday Agreement. In the worst case May could bring that down too - and given her track record I wouldn't assume otherwise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    wrong
    she's
    strong and stable
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    There's also the Renewable Heat Incentive fiasco which Arlene Foster was personally involved with and which could cost the taxpayer up to half a billion pounds.

It's absolutely desperate for May to even consider working with them.

And that's even if it doesn't breach the Good Friday Agreement. In the worst case May could bring that down too - and given her track record I wouldn't assume otherwise.
    Yeah, that was another one of Arlene's dirty moves.  

Even with all the scandal around DUP, I think people here vote for them because, the bottom lines is, they claim stand for protestants and the working classes and all this other shit.  
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23145
    exocet said:
    From today's Sunday Times, but to circumnavigate the pay wall, see it published elsewhere.

http://fromua.news/article/52385351/Robert-Harris-on-Theresa-May-As-Churchill-said-a-bad-leader-must-be/
    Those lines from Harris about Cameron amaze me. 

"How appropriate it was that David Cameron’s main contribution to this election campaign was to post on social media a picture of his toes. When future historians puzzle over Britain, 2015-17, it will be a useful exhibit. How did a stable, prosperous parliamentary democracy, granted a unique set of favourable opt-outs with the largest trading bloc in the world, including on the single currency and travel, throw it all up in the air on the basis of a 52-48 yes/no vote in a referendum — a margin not normally wide enough to change the constitution of the average golf club?

What arrogance of intellect, what frivolousness of character, led our leaders to take such a gamble? Why did the Tory party rush to choose such an ill-equipped successor? Why did that successor, a “remainer” herself, not seek to bind up our divided nation rather than opt for the harshest of all Brexit positions? Why did she call an election after, rather than before, triggering article 50 and so deny the country a final say on its destiny?"

Harris writes well but he really is blind if he doesn't know why these things happened. Cameron was told that he'd face rebellion if Remain won by less than 20%. A defeat meant resign or be knifed. Why did the Remainer in May opt for the harsh Brexit position? Simple: because those same people who trapped Cameron into the referendum were still there. Ever since the referendum result, the real power has not be in the hands of the Prime Minister. Her calling on an election: it was about her. Pull in more Conservatives who would back her to try to lessen the power of the awkward squad. It failed dismally. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Post election poll puts Labour well ahead of the Tories and Corbyn ahead of May in terms of popularity. Corbyn says he will vote down the Queen's speech so I expect there to be another election soon - DUP deal looking remote at the moment. The opposition parties will relish the chance to feed off the carcass of the Conservative Party and gain more seats. 

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

13reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Post election poll puts Labour well ahead of the Tories and Corbyn ahead of May in terms of popularity. Corbyn says he will vote down the Queen's speech so I expect there to be another election soon - DUP deal looking remote at the moment. The opposition parties will relish the chance to feed off the carcass of the Conservative Party and gain more seats. 
    Wish there was going to be another election here and Sinn Fein got in.  
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    edited June 2017
    Apparently the Trumpster is postponing his visit to the UK later this year. It's claimed he's worried about protests against his visit or is it that he doesn't want to be associated with a total failure like May anymore?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Octafish said:
    Apparently the Trumpster is postponing his visit to the UK later this year. It's claimed he's worried about protests against his visit or is it that he doesn't want to be associated with a total failure like May anymore?
    Probably worried he could meet Corbyn and get an ear bashing.

• LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Trumps actual words were along the lines postponed until I'm popular... 

So he's not coming then? 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Fretwired said:
    Octafish said:
    Probably worried he could meet Corbyn and get an ear bashing.
    Yes that as well. There's too many variables in the near future to want to commit to a visit. There is also the real possibility (as has happened before) that many leaders will not want to be seen associating with a lame duck PM, that's going to help negotiating trade deals with non EU countries.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • tbmtbm Frets: 586
    Ha! I totally forgot about this:

Noise, randomness, ballistic uncertainty.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom