Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• BellycasterBellycaster Frets: 5916
    nickb_boy said:
    Before one of my new amp arrives tomorrow and I end up selling on loads of pedals I thought I'd take one final pic pf the family. The Warped Vinyl is replacing the Warbletron and 10 Cent Trem on the board, but the rest is unknown until I see how they play in the new rig.
    Bloody Hell, your pedal collection must have it's own Postcode!

"The Agony of Choice" springs to mind.

;)
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randomhandclapsrandomhandclaps Frets: 20521
    edited July 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    PAH!!! You don't even have a single pedal on your board that cost over £200....no wonder they laughed you off TGP!!!  It's lucky for you that we tolerate peasants around here!
    My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    Lew;298029" said:
    I went to watch @nickb_boy play at his local church last Sunday and have to say it sounded wonderful! Especially all the layered delay on 'We Are The Flock' and the tasteful way he stacks low gain overdrives on 'Bow Before Jesus'. Keep on rockin' brother!!
    It was such a shame to had to leave early to go to your floral display practice as you missed the encore of He's got the whole world in his hands. It was off the hook, thats when sh@!t really went down. Mrs Timpkins nearly fainted as the congregation pushed forwards with the force of the tone.
    The cucumber sandwiches had hard crusts though so you didn't miss out there!
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ThePrettyDamned;298061" said:

I can imagine. Some interesting looking stuff I don't recognise there, too!

@nick_b what are the most bonkers or unusual ones?
    The Janus, Bit Commander and PLL fuzz are probably the most extreme. The Small Hadron Collider and Whale boost are probably not that well known and give a nice dirty boost option. The big wooden box made by RML is one of my favourites but not that practical to gig with.

Any you particularly you don't recognise?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Drew_fx said:
    PAH!!! You don't even have a single pedal on your board that cost over £200....no wonder they laughed you off TGP!!!  It's lucky for you that we tolerate peasants around here!
    Wait until I replace it all with Strymon pedals ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kossofffankossofffan Frets: 590
    edited July 2014
    Latest version and very happy with it!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boy;298193" said:
    [quote="ThePrettyDamned;298061"]

I can imagine. Some interesting looking stuff I don't recognise there, too!

@nick_b what are the most bonkers or unusual ones?
    The Janus, Bit Commander and PLL fuzz are probably the most extreme. The Small Hadron Collider and Whale boost are probably not that well known and give a nice dirty boost option. The big wooden box made by RML is one of my favourites but not that practical to gig with.

Any you particularly you don't recognise?

[/quote]

I was going to ask about the big wooden box :).

Also, bottom row, second from the right? Black box. What's that?

I also note you have the dod wah pedal. I want one of those :) though not as much as I want the old Ibanez wah fru uses...

Lovely collection mate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ThePrettyDamned;298061" said:

I was going to ask about the big wooden box :).

Also, bottom row, second from the right? Black box. What's that?

I also note you have the dod wah pedal. I want one of those :) though not as much as I want the old Ibanez wah fru uses...

Lovely collection mate.
    Haha, the black box is an old Rocktron Black Jack distortion. Had it back in the day of wanting a metal sound. Haven't used it for over 15 years but for some reason never got round selling on. Lives in the draw for nostalgia only I'm afraid! Unless if anyone is interested it!

I'd like a WH10 also. Had one a while ago that the plastic cracked on and unfortunately just
    got binned :(
    Cheers
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    @nickb_boy ;

What brand pedal board is that and does it have a top part to make it a case? 
    RaymondLin;299718" said:
    @nickb_boy 

Unfortunately it's nothing more exciting than a Diago Showman. Comes with it's own lid to form a case.

Had always wanted a Salvage Custom case but could never justify it as it would only get ruined or I'd just never take it out for fear of trashing it. There may well be a little post in the amp section in a few months time though that's worth keeping an eye out for ;)
    nickb_boy said:
    RaymondLin;299718" said:
    @nickb_boy 

Unfortunately it's nothing more exciting than a Diago Showman. Comes with it's own lid to form a case.

Had always wanted a Salvage Custom case but could never justify it as it would only get ruined or I'd just never take it out for fear of trashing it. There may well be a little post in the amp section in a few months time though that's worth keeping an eye out for ;)
    I don't mind paying for quality and I have no plans of ever taking it to a gig....and the Teak one looks once !  Cost about the same as one Warped Vinyl....sounds fair to me !
    I have a Diago Showman too. I've cut it up and basically put big holes everywhere! I'd prefer a board where the actual board-side has no lip to it, giving me ultimate freedom for placement. Don't really want a pedaltrain anymore, due to heavy ass hardcase.
    @Drew_fx I used to have a Tourman that I put a raised piece of ply in so the cables were hidden and it meant all the side inputs for the pedals from guitar and to amp were accessible. Worked well, just a bloody heavy board when full! Think I'm going to do the same with the Showman.
    @RaymondLin the quality and finish is definitely premium, but don't forget to factor in the case, right dimensions and the shipping! The board size I would need comes in about $750 before shipping! I'd rather have a new amp (which is what I've gone for instead)! Keep us updated if you go for one, just be prepared to wait.
    nickb_boy said:
    @Drew_fx I used to have a Tourman that I put a raised piece of ply in so the cables were hidden and it meant all the side inputs for the pedals from guitar and to amp were accessible. Worked well, just a bloody heavy board when full! Think I'm going to do the same with the Showman.
    I used to have a Tourman too. That setup I had was fucking crazy! Wish I had pics of it, but I no longer do. Was all based around a Musicom Labs switcher. In the end I realised I hated it - made me feel too kareoke!!
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7974
    Drew_fx said:
    I have a Diago Showman too. I've cut it up and basically put big holes everywhere! I'd prefer a board where the actual board-side has no lip to it, giving me ultimate freedom for placement. Don't really want a pedaltrain anymore, due to heavy ass hardcase.

Mono do cases for them, not cheap but they're about 5kg less than the PT case IIRC, at least when I looked at the stuff for PT2.  The PT boards are really nicely made, but they don't make your pedals sound nicer so unless you feel you need the design you're probably going to be just as happy with something cheaper.
    Drew_fx said:

Mono do cases for them, not cheap but they're about 5kg less than the PT case IIRC, at least when I looked at the stuff for PT2.  The PT boards are really nicely made, but they don't make your pedals sound nicer so unless you feel you need the design you're probably going to be just as happy with something cheaper.
    Agreed. I'll probably just stick with my Showman. Only thing that would swing me away at this point would be a big weight saving.
    nickb_boy said:
    @RaymondLin the quality and finish is definitely premium, but don't forget to factor in the case, right dimensions and the shipping! The board size I would need comes in about $750 before shipping! I'd rather have a new amp (which is what I've gone for instead)! Keep us updated if you go for one, just be prepared to wait.
    The size I am thinking of is PT3 width (24") but enough depth for 3 rows of pedals. Stupidly PT3 is like 2 and a half rows....awkward design I think.

Yours looks about 12" wider than I need unfortunately.
    edited July 2014
    @nickb_boy ;

I think you are right, the one I want comes to $675 + shipping....and then obviously tax when it comes.

May be one day !

edit - I think on second thought the Snowman fits perfectly ! Just did some masking tape on the coffee table.

Space reserved for the BigSky, the Timmy to go at the bottom and Warped Vinyl at the top, i am sure I can squeeze in a looper somewhere.

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DarnWeightDarnWeight Frets: 2573
    Almost there...

...probably add a clean boost/buffer, or chuck another fuzz in there somewhere...the Soul Preacher might make way, as some of the G3 compressor models are pretty decent.   It's all powered off one of those Fame units tucked under the board.
    YouTube yak-about regarding all things alt/indie/post-punk/noise/etc >>> HERE