Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 622
    pulse. said:

This is my last one! I don't need anything more for a couple of months now!

Nice. What amp does this lot run into?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7029
    katana obviously
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7936

I've been swapping things in and out more than playing in the last couple of months, and this is how things "stand" for now.

httpwwwarrowheadguitarscoukpicsjan2021pedsjpg

The most important step was getting the Miku back in the set up :)

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • pulse.pulse. Frets: 69
    Beexter said:
    pulse. said:

Mostly through a bf bassman head with a 2x12 marshall cab. But I have a 77 dr103 and atweed deluxe and it sounds equally good with both of them.
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
    pulse. said:
    Beexter said:
    pulse. said:

Mostly through a bf bassman head with a 2x12 marshall cab. But I have a 77 dr103 and atweed deluxe and it sounds equally good with both of them.
    Nice to see a fellow beano boost user .... are you using it after fuzz,and before the klon ?
    will try a put up a pic of my board which isn’t a million miles away from yours .... 
    pumkin said:
    pulse. said:
    Beexter said:
    pulse. said:

Nice to see a fellow beano boost user .... are you using it after fuzz,and before the klon ?
    will try a put up a pic of my board which isn’t a million miles away from yours .... 
    Yeap, last of the fuzz section, before klon.
    Please post your board.
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    pulse. said:
    breadfan said:
    @pulse. Nice board - I saw it on the D*A*M forum before Christmas & wanted to ask you about the buffering. I assume the Klon is fifth in the chain? Does it do enough to preserve the signal? I know the Boss pedal will be helping, too. Is the box in the top corner a stand-alone buffer?

I have a similar board, with a lot of non buffer friendly pedals first in the chain (seven!) & the bypass tone is not what I'd like it to be. I have a Cornish type buffer after my treble booster (so, eight in the chain, with a few pedals after it)  but it's fighting a losing battle in that position. Maybe an extra buffer at the end of the chain might help?

Yeap Klon is the fifth in chain, Vb2 has a buffer and the small box in the top corner is the buffer/line driver section from a LA Sound Design A/B box that I had in the past. I don't have any issues, my signal is almost identical to my ears with my bypass signal.
    I assume your seven first pedals don't play well with a buffer before them? Did you considered something like a gigrig quartermaster for your first seven pedals? It's also crucial the quality of your cables. My longest cable is the one from my board that goes to my amp, so a buffer/line driver at the end of my chain is also really important.

Yeah, my first seven pedals don’t play well with buffers – wah, vibe, treblebooster & fuzzes. The cables are Evidence Monorail & I’m actually already using Quartermasters - a QM6, then the buffer, then a QM4 with some modulation & delay.

The buffer works well when it’s first in the chain, so I had been thinking about adding a switch to it & just engaging it when not using any of the fussy pedals, but that doesn’t seem like the optimum solution.

I hadn’t considered a second buffer at the end of the chain, although it seems quite obvious now! I'm going to give that a try!

• slackerslacker Frets: 2286
    pulse. said:
    Beexter said:
    pulse. said:

I have one word for you.

Matchless

Thank me later.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    slacker said:
    pulse. said:
    Beexter said:
    pulse. said:

I have one word for you.

Matchless

Thank me later.
    Hahaha, I bought a 1959HW a couple of hours earlier so the Matchless has to wait.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EskerEsker Frets: 81

• wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    Not finished wiring it up but I think I’ll be putting the El Cap through the loop of the HX which will hopefully sort any issues when using drives on that. 

I think I’m pretty much sorted now I have the HX. I got it mainly for Reverbs and Modulation but after fooling around I can see myself doing a lot more. 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3967
    wingo84 said:
    Not finished wiring it up but I think I’ll be putting the El Cap through the loop of the HX which will hopefully sort any issues when using drives on that. 

I think I’m pretty much sorted now I have the HX. I got it mainly for Reverbs and Modulation but after fooling around I can see myself doing a lot more. 
    Nice. Some lovely peds there and all neat and tidy. That EP Booster looks tricky to get to though! Shouldn't the looper be at the end of the chain.
  • @wingo84 - what power unit are using for that? Stomp is fairly hungry. 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    edited January 2021
    @wingo84 - what power unit are using for that? Stomp is fairly hungry. 

You can power that all with a Truetone CS6 although that's a CS12 on that board I believe.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10409
    edited January 2021
    Fractal OMG9 setup here. I reckon I can get one more pedal on next to the power supply. Something that you didn't know you needed until you got it. Any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Fractal OMG9 setup here. I reckon I can get one more pedal on next to the power supply. Something that you didn't know you needed until you got it. Any ideas?

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10409
    Jota said:

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
    I've got pre amps, and echoplexes and boosters in the FM3. Has to be something like the Freqout, something unique but useable. (Not a Miku lol).
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1995
    Jota said:

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
    I've got pre amps, and echoplexes and boosters in the FM3. Has to be something like the Freqout, something unique but useable. (Not a Miku lol).

not an eqd rainbow machine then ?

• Jota said:

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
    EQD Rainbow Machine. Primarily because it's pink  ;)
    edited January 2021
    Jota said:

ClinchFX EP-PRE.

I also have a lot of stuff on my Stomp. Nothing like the real deal and it was literally something I had no idea I needed until I got it.