Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Re-arranged my board this weekend with the new power supply, and expression pedal for the Stomp. The space is eagerly awaiting a delivery from Kingsley, hopefully next week.

The drive sounds I’m getting with this setup are utter filth!
    That thorpy looks like its in a perilous place
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Re-arranged my board this weekend with the new power supply, and expression pedal for the Stomp. The space is eagerly awaiting a delivery from Kingsley, hopefully next week.

It’s actually bang on the corner, perfect fit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I mean that if you engage it, the jester is going to get a setting change as the knobs look to be in the way of a flailing foot
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.

I mean that if you engage it, the jester is going to get a setting change as the knobs look to be in the way of a flailing foot
    Ah, I see. No issue however, the compressor is always on :)
  • abw1989abw1989 Frets: 649
    edited January 2021
    An interim showing whilst I wait for a Digitech Freqout to show up. I'll be remaking some black patch cables to replumb it all too, gone off the jazzy coloured ones now. The wah and drives run in front of the Stomp and the PX5 sits in it's FX loop. Everything is switch or midi controlled from the PXL-Live switcher. I'll probably ditch one of the drives, just need to decide between a fake Klon or a fake Tubescreamer... 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longjawlongjaw Frets: 424
    No board but here's a shot of the pedals I use when gigging.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • spev11spev11 Frets: 424

current board, waiting for my Fuzzdog Blue Fool to come back and for me to pull my finger out and build the Analogue Like Echo, not sure if they will replace the two joyos or whether to just shove em all on ( I do like an echo to be honest). Can't say I'm overly impressed with the sub zero tuner, sometimes its wildly out, i'll get a polytune when I can find somewhere that has one in stock ( maybe)
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8575
    Haven’t built a new board for a good few years, but felt that my current crop of pedals was sufficiently locked in that I built a board to fit and downsized as a result. 4 gain stages (a greatest hits of goodness knows how many drive pedals I’ve had), a lovely delay and sufficient wobble, combined with amp reverb and trem, there’s not a lot this little board can’t do.

https://i.imgur.com/7GbSZ0e.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27168
    edited January 2021
    Pedalboard v31:

Continues the theme of being powered by the USB power bank, which I don't think is ever going away. Much simpler now...just my "in front of the amp" effects on the board (Mr Black Octaves and Mooer Ninety Orange), along with a MIDI controller and tap switch for the G-Major in the new (old) rack, and then an I/O box for convenience.

I might end up wiring up a converter so I can run the MIDI controller through the patch box too, but for now...I'm really feeling like this might be the last one.

For a while, at least.

...although I do have an idea for an Arduino-based DIY MIDI controller that's a lot more reasonable size-wise, but gives me all the control I need (ideally 5 or 6 PC commands, but in a smaller box than the Peak, while still being easy to stomp).
    <space for hire>
  • seansseans Frets: 25
    edited January 2021
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8575
    seans said:

You must be a guitar straight into amp type guy
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Mark1985Mark1985 Frets: 234
    Few new additions to the board. Finally got a king of Tone, Standard V4. Red side OD & Yellow side Distortion.
    Replaced the ODR-1 with the Mythos Erlking and swap the Chase Tone 68 Red Velvet fuzz in and out with a Mythos Argo.
    Also added a Jam pedals Wahcko which sits off the board. 

Clearly the labels need updating too!   :#

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 856
    edited January 2021
    I built my first pedalboard out of an old bedside cabinet. Check it out. 

May use the dresser for the next one. 

[IMAGE]

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7029
    Great work. Copyright Shit Array straight away. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • And it’s here....

I’m absolutely blown away with all of the Kingsley pedals, but the Constable is a bit special. I’ll write up a NPD post later on
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7029
    No vibe on the board for the first time in a while. Will need to be rectified but will have to go to a bigger board. 

But otherwise getting nice results with this bunch. Wah is in the process of being modded. New pot and true bypass in. New PCB to follow shortly. Cheese wedge Octavio replaced with MXR one which doesn't sound as nice but is decent enough for my needs.

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Love it - everyone a classic !
  • I am surprised at the number of Stomps I am seeing in this thread. Are you using them for amp modelling as well? Or just reverbs, delays, mod etc.
  • I am surprised at the number of Stomps I am seeing in this thread. Are you using them for amp modelling as well? Or just reverbs, delays, mod etc.
    I was using mine for both, but since getting the Page and now the Constable, these will be my main gain stages/amps if I'm running into my SD170.

I will now mostly be using the Stomp for all the other effects that are available
  • gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 684
    edited February 2021
    Don't the Kingsleys make the ODR-C redundant?  ;)