Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10409
    Jota said:
    Jota said:
    Fractal OMG9 setup here. I reckon I can get one more pedal on next to the power supply. Something that you didn't know you needed until you got it. Any ideas?

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
    I've got pre amps, and echoplexes and boosters in the FM3. Has to be something like the Freqout, something unique but useable. (Not a Miku lol).

I also have a lot of stuff on my Stomp. Nothing like the real deal and it was literally something I had no idea I needed until I got it.
    The Stomp and the FM3 aren't really the same in that regard, but I know what you mean. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    sgosden said:
    Jota said:
    Fractal OMG9 setup here. I reckon I can get one more pedal on next to the power supply. Something that you didn't know you needed until you got it. Any ideas?

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
    I've got pre amps, and echoplexes and boosters in the FM3. Has to be something like the Freqout, something unique but useable. (Not a Miku lol).

not an eqd rainbow machine then ?

Jota said:

ClinchFX EP-PRE.
    EQD Rainbow Machine. Primarily because it's pink  ;)
    That thing is straight out of my nightmares...
  • wingo84wingo84 Frets: 42
    edited January 2021
    Jota said:
    @wingo84 - what power unit are using for that? Stomp is fairly hungry. 

You can power that all with a Truetone CS6 although that's a CS12 on that board I believe.
    Yes ! TrueTone Cs12 

powers from the 500mA slot. The unit actually provides far more than it states lol. And it comes with a double red ended cable that works with the pedal! 

Lebarque said:
    wingo84 said:
    Not finished wiring it up but I think I’ll be putting the El Cap through the loop of the HX which will hopefully sort any issues when using drives on that. 

I think I’m pretty much sorted now I have the HX. I got it mainly for Reverbs and Modulation but after fooling around I can see myself doing a lot more. 
    Nice. Some lovely peds there and all neat and tidy. That EP Booster looks tricky to get to though! Shouldn't the looper be at the end of the chain.
    EP is always on! I’ve removed the looper entirely now. HX does it now lol. And thanks very much 

• jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited January 2021
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471

how are you liking that Seymou duncan amp?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BorkBork Frets: 260

Hows the Freq Out?  I have one on my board too.  It's not quite as good as a Fernandes Sustainer for slow ambient stuff or whammy abuse but I think it'll be good enough for sets that involve sustained power chords for a couple of bars that dissolve into a gentle howl

[This space for rent]

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3430
    @Telemaster That OMG9 setup is awesome. Until recently I was running an Amplifire based setup with midi switching of external pedals. Would love to hear that setup.
    edited January 2021
    Lots of questions!
    samzadgan said:
    how are you liking that Seymou duncan amp?
    Yea it's awesome. I use it through a normal 2x12 and can go FOH via the FM3 or the SD200. It's got a headphone out too which is cool. It's such a convenient little pedal sized power amp, I wouldn't consider a big rack sized one now to be honest. 

Bork said:
    Hows the Freq Out?  I have one on my board too.  It's not quite as good as a Fernandes Sustainer for slow ambient stuff or whammy abuse but I think it'll be good enough for sets that involve sustained power chords for a couple of bars that dissolve into a gentle howl
    It's a bit temperamental but it does the job well. Very easy to overuse! I normally use it just before the guitsr comes in to give the simulation of a wildly feedbacking guitar. 

NelsonP said:
    @Telemaster That OMG9 setup is awesome. Until recently I was running an Amplifire based setup with midi switching of external pedals. Would love to hear that setup.
    Thanks! It's really good. It sounds just like a real amp, the effects are excellent and it's super versatile. You should get one!
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2287
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2287
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1088
    Few changes:

• MagicBusMagicBus Frets: 104

Here's mine, nothing fancy, but I'm a simple soul and it works well with my guitar and amp. I've been on quite a journey with drive pedals and it's a real relief to have settled on these at last. Back to just playing again!!  =)
    Less is more
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1659
    Boss thing going on...

https://i.imgur.com/AZLMkjv.jpg
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2403
    edited January 2021
    Dan_Halen said:
    Boss thing going on...

Yep, that's a lot of Boss action right there. You have chosen well! There can't be much left for that HX Stomp to do though...

At one of the last gigs I did before the plague hit, a music shop proprietor in the audience came up to look at my board and was surprised to see not one Boss pedal on there. Nothing at all against Boss, just not in my 'board choices at that time.
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1659
    edited January 2021
    Keefy said:
    Dan_Halen said:
    Boss thing going on...

Yep, that's a lot of Boss action right there. You have chosen well! There can't be much left for that HX Stomp to do though...

At one of the last gigs I did before the plague hit, a music shop proprietor in the audience came up to look at my board and was surprised to see not one Boss pedal on there. Nothing at all against Boss, just not in my 'board choices at that time.
    It’s just more messing about really. Getting the amp modelling, IR, EQ, a basic verb from the Stomp,  running it stereo into studio monitors and then pedals for other fun stuff.

Completely unnecessary and could do it all in the stomp (and sometimes do) but I like to have pedals to step on, nobs to turn etc. Struggle to run an amp as I’m in a flat so still gives me a chance to explore the delays, reverbs, different drives etc. at sensible volumes.

Stomp would come off if I was to gig those pedals (if that ever becomes a thing again).

Got a bunch of ‘boo-tik’ stuff in the cupboard but found I’ve rediscovered Boss and really like the new stuff - seems well built, not as pricy as other brands and sounds good. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Last time I played out of the house, this was my "pedalboard"...

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3430
    edited January 2021
    I've gone from this MIDI controlled beast (MIDI loop switcher under the board, controlled via PC changes from the Amplifire):

To this much simpler setup:

As fun as it was, combining a modeller with external pedals was ultimately not really worth it as the internal effects in the Amplifire get 95% of the way there. So I broke down my big board, put a few choice pedals on a Nano+ and bought a second hand Marshall DSL20C.

Both can do the same things but in very different ways and both are very portable. And both get used a lot.
  • 77ric77ric Frets: 539
    edited January 2021
    Thought it was probably about time I shared my pedalboard

Not as fancy as some but it works nicely for me, I don’t gig and only play at home. Got a gap between the memory toy and the ditto that needs filling so any suggestions for a mini pedal or two ( the ditto can always go elsewhere as I don’t use it that often) will always be welcomed. 

So we have 

Outlaw Effects The General 
    T-Rex Möller 2
    Jim Dunlop EP101 preamp
    TCE June 60 
    EHX Memory Toy
    TCE Ditto 

powered from a Rockboard power LT XL all mounted to a tourtech board. Flat patch cables from Harley Benton. 
  • AornicAornic Frets: 492
    edited January 2021
    2020 really took the collection overboard. New additions are the Boss SY-1 and DC-2W.

Five boards:

Top left: John Mayer inspired board.

Top Right: David Gilmour / Ambient / 80s Metal Inspired Board

Middle Right: Most Versatile of the boards. Blues and rock with some 80s infusion thanks to the Dimension C. Neunaber and ARP87 handling spacey tones too.

Middle Left: The board of leftovers, pedals that weren't on other boards. Has a Ghoul Screamer Mini (great TS), MojoHand Dumble Overdrive Pedal and my first pedal ever - An Earthquaker Devices Dispatch Master purchased in 2012.

Bottom Right: The Open Mic/Jam Night board for whenever those start up again. Fairly versatile for blues and rock with the Timeline as a delay and looper.

Amp is a handwired Vyse Amps Blackface Princeton Reverb with a 12" Jensen. Can't say enough good things about it. Great cleans and pedal platform.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• Re-arranged my board this weekend with the new power supply, and expression pedal for the Stomp. The space is eagerly awaiting a delivery from Kingsley, hopefully next week.

The drive sounds I’m getting with this setup are utter filth!