Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• AlexOAlexO Frets: 1108
    Here’s my latest...I’m going to say this is all I need so it won’t be changing again but we all know that’s a lie
    Have you got the MB at the front of the chain?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexO said:
    Here’s my latest...I’m going to say this is all I need so it won’t be changing again but we all know that’s a lie
    Have you got the MB at the front of the chain?
    Yes, first in line (well, after the tuner). I like the guitar straight into the Brain side and then delay before the drives. If it would fit I’d consider running the Detroit Casket in the loop of the MB to have drive before and after the delay but space is tight. I also considered replacing the MB with an Atomic Brain and pair that with a more versatile delay but I’m happy for now.

• Here's my latest board! Pleased to have the Benson Preamp back on my board and this BG Harding SP is 10/10! I need a bigger board now as my tuner and looper are off! 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 139

Here's my latest board! Pleased to have the Benson Preamp back on my board and this BG Harding SP is 10/10! I need a bigger board now as my tuner and looper are off! 
    What does the S P do ? I’ve got one of his Zonk pedals which is so good ... 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @pumpkin ah man how are you finding it!? That's exactly what I'm GASing for next! It's supposed to be silicon fuzz face variant but it sounds quite different to a fuzz face to me! It's got this giant sustaining lead tone and then also cleans up too! Not quite as much as a fuzz face, I'd say it's got a really complex sound to it, responds so well to the volume knobs and pick attach. I'm very impressed! 
  • pumkinpumkin Frets: 139
    edited February 2021
    @pumpkin ah man how are you finding it!? That's exactly what I'm GASing for next! It's supposed to be silicon fuzz face variant but it sounds quite different to a fuzz face to me! It's got this giant sustaining lead tone and then also cleans up too! Not quite as much as a fuzz face, I'd say it's got a really complex sound to it, responds so well to the volume knobs and pick attach. I'm very impressed! 
    That’s interesting ... thanks .. The Zonk can get pretty outrageous but it’s got all those farty squished sounds that I like.... it can also do really great singing lead sounds  .... I’d say order one  ... I’m sure you’ll like it and his pedals are reasonably priced .. also I got the one with a 3 position toggle switch on the front which gives extra low end/high end options and that’s useful. 
  • I also added the ladies in the picture - the pedal board has been stable for over one year now. So I`m pretty much done for the studio board. My small board keeps having minor changes here and there as it requires changes depending on the project Im playing on.

No photo description available
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Made huge changes - gone from OCD > M9 > Wet to this.Still a bit of cable management to do but very pleased with these sounds!

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • New Reverb for the small board 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 242
    Just down-sized from a PT2 to a PT-Jnr:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jhumber said:
    Just down-sized from a PT2 to a PT-Jnr:

Looks very cool, black pedals.. 
    I am not buying any pedals for some time but GASing for protein nowadays. 
    Can it do low gain stuff and clearing up with guitar volume nicely?
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 242
    edited February 2021

Yeah it's a bit monochrome by accident...I've recently removed a Dig, SHOD, and ODR-1, which pretty much removed all eye-candy from the board.

To my ears the Protein excels at the low-gain stuff. The left-hand side (bluesbreaker) is certainly low-med gain, you can see I'm running the gain at 2pm and it's the lowest gain stage on the board. The right-hand side (ODR1) has more gain for sure, but still not 'high-gain' by any means - perhaps comparable to a high-gain KOT if that's a useful reference point. They stack together really well. It feels like it runs right into left when stacking, as the volume boost is more pronounced than the gain boost.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jhumber said:

Yeah it's a bit monochrome by accident...I've recently removed a Dig, SHOD, and ODR-1, which pretty much removed all eye-candy from the board.

To my ears the Protein excels at the low-gain stuff. The left-hand side (bluesbreaker) is certainly low-med gain, you can see I'm running the gain at 2pm and it's the lowest gain stage on the board. The right-hand side (ODR1) has more gain for sure, but still not 'high-gain' by any means - perhaps comparable to a high-gain KOT if that's a useful reference point. They stack together really well. It feels like it runs right into left when stacking, as the volume boost is more pronounced than the gain boost.
    Big Thanks!! Really helpful info. I think I am gonna get one.
  • darrenpdarrenp Frets: 116
    edited February 2021

Had three boards on the go at one point, but have now settled on this as my only one. Used straight into the front of a Carol-Ann Satin.

https://i.imgur.com/9lECM9z.jpg

• WTB22WTB22 Frets: 69
    This is my latest configuration on the SA350XDM.

Newest additions are the Belle Epoch Deluxe and Gladio SC.  ;)

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • New Electric Mistress clone added at the end of the chain, most swirly.

IMG_20210219_160002
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    edited February 2021
    Pedalboard revision Umpteen

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PudWudPudWud Frets: 156
    This is my 'silent' board for playing with headphones. Just put it together yesterday and its a lot of fun so far. Still need to tweak the modelling a bit, but so far I like the Princeton Reverb profile with the outboard pedals for drive.

I'll post my 'normal' board which is on a PT Jr. once my King of Tone arrives. I got the email from Analogman last week to say it had shipped, not sure how long it will take to get here and clear customs. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skayskay Frets: 396
    tekbow said:
    Pedalboard revision Umpteen

@tekbow I think you're the only other person on here that i've seen with a D*A*M Drag'N'Fly so i'd like to enquire how you use yours? What guitar and amp is the pedal set up for, and do you use it for riffs or lead guitar bits? What sort of music do you play, anything similar I would potentially have heard of for reference? Are you able to ride the guitar volume knob for varying shades of fuzz with the settings as shown in your post?

I have struggled to get many usable sounds out of this fuzz, as the ATTACK (the fuzz level) is bunched up between 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock when after this the fuzz sound explodes into crazy territory with a tiny adjustment. The FILTER does a similar thing, and the ATTACK has to be really high to run the FILTER high, otherwise it sounds really dead and bloated, so I run the FILTER pretty low to get some cut and clarity.

Your Drag'N'Fly doesn't appear to be first in line either, and i've found that running it after a buffer can really increase the brightness, so how is this working out for you? I'm having more fun with my DOD Carcosa fuzz and in the back of my mind I just know I must be doing something 'wrong' to not get anything cool out of this fuzz compared to the cheaper DOD...

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

• tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699

If I'm being honest, I really just threw it back on the board today for variety after not having a fuzz of any description on there for a while. I actually sold off most of my fuzz a while back and only Retained a few choice examples. This one got thrown on because its wah friendly and has external power.

That being said, I dialled it in pretty quickly and got a very pleasing sound, which reacted nicely to rolling off the volume. It really is versatile and does the best bits of a TB or FF, and can lean either direction with the filter control.

Important to mention that it's going into a pretty cranked Marshall (a modded 81 JCM800) and SLO, with the power sections saturating/compressing nicely (loadboxes/attenuators are involved along with a DAW, IR's and monitors) and not much preamp gain at all, which I think is pretty essential for a good fuzz sound.

Basically think Hendrix: fuzz in to a Marshall Non Master Volume with power amp breakup.

It's actually, in terms of position, right after the wah.

Chain is Tuner, Splitter, Drop, Wah, Fuzz, Comp, OD's, Dirty Tree (TC preamp clone), AB/Y, Mimiq.

I was using a tapped Gemini Warlord HB, which I prefer to my Strat, and if I'm being honest, the whole setup with a greenback loaded 412 cab IR pretty much nailed the Voodoo Chile' opening, along with rolled off volume clean-up, and that's with the drop engaged for a semitone down.