Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 931
    ragingben said:
    Beexter said:
    ragingben said:
    Surprised myself with this addition - added the Sunset to the board. Not really sure how or when I became a Strymon fanboy but every pedal of theirs that I try becomes a permanent fixture. Stacking the Sunset and the Revival Drive is heavenly.

I've never been fussed too much with the analogue/digital argument but I'm surprised I've ended up with only only one analogue pedal on the board.
    I've tried loads of dual overdrives and keep coming back to the Sunset. It sounds great and is extremely versatile, giving a huge range of tones in a small footprint and packing in a noise gate too!
    Same. What's fantastic about the Sunset is it gives you options and it sounds fantastic stand alone or as a boost. There's a few times I've had amp trouble - once just before a gig and another time mid set and the Sunset would have been an excellent get out of jail free card both times.
    How so? Do you mean it sounds ok going direct to the PA?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3111

Finally done the firmware updates on the HX and the MC6 in preparation for rehearsals starting again soon (hopefully). I've downloaded some Helix patches from my Native install and programmed some nice midi routines. I'm going to have a proper attempt at letting go of the drive pedals and QM this year (honest!). I've also brought back the Barber and the Keeley Comp since I started using my Marshall Origin 20. The board is a Novo 18.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • benmurray85benmurray85 Frets: 1398
    edited March 2021
    Don’t think I’ve ever posted in this thread! 

My current setup/mess

How very rock and roll
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrTeeMrTee Frets: 513
    Currently setup for headphone out of Iridium. Strymon and NUX switch places when going direct to DAW
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    ragingben said:
    Beexter said:
    ragingben said:
    Surprised myself with this addition - added the Sunset to the board. Not really sure how or when I became a Strymon fanboy but every pedal of theirs that I try becomes a permanent fixture. Stacking the Sunset and the Revival Drive is heavenly.

I've never been fussed too much with the analogue/digital argument but I'm surprised I've ended up with only only one analogue pedal on the board.
    I've tried loads of dual overdrives and keep coming back to the Sunset. It sounds great and is extremely versatile, giving a huge range of tones in a small footprint and packing in a noise gate too!
    Same. What's fantastic about the Sunset is it gives you options and it sounds fantastic stand alone or as a boost. There's a few times I've had amp trouble - once just before a gig and another time mid set and the Sunset would have been an excellent get out of jail free card both times.
    How so? Do you mean it sounds ok going direct to the PA?
    No, into an amp. But you have lots of gain range covered from boost to standalone distortion, so whatever amp you end up plugging in to you should be able to make it work. I relied on amp for clean and distortion (Tubemeister 36) when my amp died, suddenly I was having to use a backup amp which didn't have a channel switch pedal and my board only had a boost on it. If that happened with the Sunset on the board I could have just flipped on to the hard clipper and been fine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2250

My current setup/mess

Love the owls 
    Fishboy7 said:

My current setup/mess

Love the owls 
    Cheers mate. They aren’t the comfiest straps over a long gig (they’re made from recycled seatbelts) but I think they look pretty cool!
    How very rock and roll
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31157
    edited March 2021

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3963
    Gassage said:

I've never seen a board which needed to be powered by a car battery before!
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Lebarque said:
    Gassage said:

I've never seen a board which needed to be powered by a car battery before!
    Has to be a jaguar car battery for true toanz
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    edited March 2021
    Right, by popular demand, I did a real rig guide.

• jdbwalesjdbwales Frets: 317
    edited March 2021
    Humble compared to most on here but it gets me all the sounds I need live...

• DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 396

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @DoctorX not seen many Atoms out in the wild yet. How are you getting on with it? It seems like the perfect size:cost ratio!
    How very rock and roll
    I’m loving it, especially the midi functionality and the ability to change the order of pedals. Big step up from the QMX6, and as a midi rookie there was a lot to learn, but very useful and lots of fun experimenting.
    DoctorX said:
    I’m loving it, especially the midi functionality and the ability to change the order of pedals. Big step up from the QMX6, and as a midi rookie there was a lot to learn, but very useful and lots of fun experimenting.
    Nice! Similarly, I'm currently using a QMX6 and recently got a Morningstar MC3 to try and get to grips with midi so the Atom seems a natural progression (as you've found!!) 

How are you getting on with it only having 6 loops? Do you share loops or just have some pedals outside the atom? Sorry for quizzing you!
    How very rock and roll
    edited March 2021
    No worries at all, I haven’t shared loops, the 2 fuzzes and the vibe are in front of the atom and the reverb and delay are after it. The midi path is from the atom to the reverb, then out of the reverb and into the midi box which connects by TRS to the polymoon and Condor. I’ve figured out how to change presets by midi but haven’t got round to using it to turn the delay/reverb on and off yet.
    DoctorX said:
    No worries at all, I haven’t shared loops, the 2 fuzzes and the vibe are in front of the atom and the reverb and delay are after it. The midi path is from the atom to the reverb, then out of the reverb and into the midi box which connects by TRS to the polymoon and Condor. I’ve figured out how to change presets by midi but haven’t got round to using it to turn the delay/reverb on and off yet.
    Haha, I'm exactly the same! I've managed to get the MC3 to turn the Volante on (through pure luck) but I cant figure out how to switch it off so I just use Volante's footswitch. 

Anyways, have fun experimenting pal, you've got a great setup there!
    How very rock and roll
    Gassage said:
    Right, by popular demand, I did a real rig guide.

Looks like you’ve edited the post and fucked the YouTube link Mr Gassage. Can you repost please, I’d love to have a watch 
    How very rock and roll