Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• skayskay Frets: 396
    Thanks for explaining that @tekbow and I guessed your amp must have been cranked due to the Boss SD-1 settings being dialled in to that classic pushed Marshall sound. I play mainly edge of breakup into bright Vox at home so I can see where i've been going wrong...

I have managed to get an amazing sound out of the Drag'N'Fly once or twice and it was really cool using the volume on my guitar to move between so many shades of fuzz, but then more often i'll try to use it and fail to get anything I like out of it despite where I put the controls. I suspect I just have been running my amp hotter when I have achieved those cool sounds, so you've just inspired my next mini project when the family go out next: 'fuzz into cranked amp' hmmmm, sounds fun!

With so many comparison web sites out there, how do I choose the best one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • russpmrusspm Frets: 446
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 829
    edited February 2021
    Pedal bored--
    made a couple of changes to my home rig,

I made some room for the KFK 10 band, which I discovered is true bypass, so works without power as a 2 way split.
    At the moment one end is going into a Vox Soundbox mini, which has that weird acoustage stuff going on, so sounds very wide.
    The other 6 pedals are all running off 2 9v rechargeable daisy chains, Klone>Angry Andy>Der Ray clone>Dual Drive>Blue Fool>Ghost echo.
    I have another 9v on there for the KFK, which is actually 18v, and is mainly just there to make it look pretty when the bands light up, which they only do with a full charge. 
    The KFK is also there as a way to get a DI feed into a DAW, either pre or post FX, besides being able to run 2 amps.
    I got a bit fed up of digging out my powered board, and having to plug in power, so this thing just hangs there ready to go, battery clips are disconnected from the daisys, and the amp is plugged in ready to go, the amp also has batteries for busking duty (which will never happen) but is quite cute for a  very mobile rig. I have the Coffin Case for the board too.
    1reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallseroreillyNiallseroreilly Frets: 507
    edited February 2021
    New board... not gonna touch it for a while..anybody spot anything just released?? Sounds unreal @timhulio ;
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 273
    ^ the Duoface is one classy looking fuzz
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3430
    edited February 2021
    Latest rejig. Most of my board purchased from good folks on here!

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4398
    All change again...

I gave up on the amp-less pedalboard concept so the Two Notes Le Clean and Cab M+ have come off. The Revival Trem is a new addition and is ridiculously good and probably means the Bluesbreaker will come off, making a hole for something...probably the Memphis Sun for slapback.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4641
    edited February 2021
    #coolmusic

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    edited February 2021
    Surprised myself with this addition - added the Sunset to the board. Not really sure how or when I became a Strymon fanboy but every pedal of theirs that I try becomes a permanent fixture. Stacking the Sunset and the Revival Drive is heavenly.

I've never been fussed too much with the analogue/digital argument but I'm surprised I've ended up with only only one analogue pedal on the board.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited February 2021
    Sorry - having a mare adding photos!
    edited February 2021
    Ignore me I give up, anyone else have trouble adding Imgur images?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12601
    ragingben said:
    Are you copying the embed direct image link?
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12601
    DesVegas said:
    #coolmusic
    I nearly bought a pipeline - what do you make of it?
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4641
    @munckee ; said:
    DesVegas said:
    #coolmusic
    I nearly bought a pipeline - what do you make of it?
    Oh it is awesome. Gonna stick to the Chop Suey toneprint
    edited February 2021
    munckee said:
    ragingben said:
    Are you copying the embed direct image link?
    Yep, it seems to not work though when I add it to the add image icon thing.

Edit: Sorted.
  • skay said:
    Thanks for explaining that @tekbow and I guessed your amp must have been cranked due to the Boss SD-1 settings being dialled in to that classic pushed Marshall sound. I play mainly edge of breakup into bright Vox at home so I can see where i've been going wrong...

I have managed to get an amazing sound out of the Drag'N'Fly once or twice and it was really cool using the volume on my guitar to move between so many shades of fuzz, but then more often i'll try to use it and fail to get anything I like out of it despite where I put the controls. I suspect I just have been running my amp hotter when I have achieved those cool sounds, so you've just inspired my next mini project when the family go out next: 'fuzz into cranked amp' hmmmm, sounds fun!

I think most fuzz sounds better into a driven amp. 
    A fuzz face with both controls up full is good. 
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 620
    ragingben said:
    Surprised myself with this addition - added the Sunset to the board. Not really sure how or when I became a Strymon fanboy but every pedal of theirs that I try becomes a permanent fixture. Stacking the Sunset and the Revival Drive is heavenly.

I've never been fussed too much with the analogue/digital argument but I'm surprised I've ended up with only only one analogue pedal on the board.
    I've tried loads of dual overdrives and keep coming back to the Sunset. It sounds great and is extremely versatile, giving a huge range of tones in a small footprint and packing in a noise gate too!
  • Beexter said:
    ragingben said:

I've tried loads of dual overdrives and keep coming back to the Sunset. It sounds great and is extremely versatile, giving a huge range of tones in a small footprint and packing in a noise gate too!
    Sunset is superb, when I was looking for a versatile dual drive I narrowed it down to this and the Chase Bliss Brothers: went with the Brothers in the end, but all the praise for the Sunset is completely justified. The JFET and Ge modes are brilliant.
  • After a lot of trial and error, but mainly error, and thanks to plenty of people here, I've finally settled on my new pedalboard. Fairly simple I suppose but I find it can cover a lot of ground. Running it through a Carr Sportsman set clean using an ES-330 and a Guild S100. Now I just need to concentrate on playing a little more... 

https://i.imgur.com/cC27fg4.jpg
  • Beexter said:
    ragingben said:

Same. What's fantastic about the Sunset is it gives you options and it sounds fantastic stand alone or as a boost. There's a few times I've had amp trouble - once just before a gig and another time mid set and the Sunset would have been an excellent get out of jail free card both times.