Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4227
    Jim54 said:

Latest arrangement

Nice! Do you stack the Revival Drive and Revival Trem or have them as separate "amps" with only one on at a time? I'm guessing the latter as you have them both set to Power Amp...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jim54Jim54 Frets: 254
    Lewy said:
    Jim54 said:

Latest arrangement

Nice! Do you stack the Revival Drive and Revival Trem or have them as separate "amps" with only one on at a time? I'm guessing the latter as you have them both set to Power Amp...
    Yeah, one at a time, the RD doing blackface fender and Plexi and the Revival trem doing a tweed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FezFez Frets: 526
    icu81b4 said:
    So as a bit of an experiment, I am putting together this board, with the help of member of this fine forum, as you can see I have some spaces to fill and wonder what you guys might suggest that would make a nice addition.
    Cheers, 

You have most things covered. Perhaps a Thorpy Fallout cloud for fuzzy goodness or maybe a flanger.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7792

My setup as of today (new Blooper).

I've gone back to three amps at the moment as I've been getting noise from both the Blackstar and Katana Mini, which I'm thinking might be due to them having outboard power supplies which are not earthed.

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7792
    edited May 2022

The mixer runs into the Tonelab ST which has a patch with just a small amount of compression - not really much use but everything sounded worse when I took it out of the chain so I put it back in

The bottom right stand has pedals which are before the split (blue Beebo) and then top right goes to one Katana and top left to the other, with the Ampeg split off from the pink Beebo mostly running a clean signal.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • Finally finished my monochrome board (with alder & ash board) half tempted to auction it off and start again, I prefer the building and soldering process to getting around to play it!

0reaction image LOL 15reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921

Most recent interation of my "medium board". Was using a house amp in the studio and so took a couple of extra drives along to see what played nice together, plus I'd found myself wanting more than one level of drive (not counting the fuzz...), for more variety across a set/album.

Tried the Empress Germ Drive, but it didn't give me any radically different from the SoundBrüt into the amp I used, and the Rat stacks really well in addition to being its own flavour so went with that.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    Couple more changes and moved down to a pedaltrain jr.  

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7771
    Finally finished my monochrome board (with alder & ash board) half tempted to auction it off and start again, I prefer the building and soldering process to getting around to play it!

Looks like it, the G3 isnt even patched in! :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Finally finished my monochrome board (with alder & ash board) half tempted to auction it off and start again, I prefer the building and soldering process to getting around to play it!

Looks like it, the G3 isnt even patched in! :)

It is patched in, but with black plugs so can't really see them in the photo!

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3832
    edited May 2022
    Nothing special compared to you guys, just swapped a fuzz for the Keeley compressor for an upcoming gig that needs one. I find this simple set-up together with manipulating the guitar's controls gets me a long way.  

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    edited May 2022
    I've gone from some nice boutique stuff and oddities, to a budget basic bitch. 

Budget board https://imgur.com/gallery/jrVx8YO

MUSIC: Pale Blurs
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30928
     Bit of a rebuild ahead of a trip to Rockfield Studios.

Maiden and EchoCzar in, Nordvang in.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2232
    Fishboy7 said:

I was a hair’s breadth from getting a Shallow Water but went for a Julianna instead. How do you find it for “normal” chorus?
  • Fishboy7Fishboy7 Frets: 2200
    Fishboy7 said:

I was a hair’s breadth from getting a Shallow Water but went for a Julianna instead. How do you find it for “normal” chorus?
    I had a Walrus Julia for a bit, and I think that was better for traditional chorus than the SW.  

The Shallow Water really is it's own thing
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26631
    edited May 2022
    Downsizing...no longer need the power amp, since I don't have a band.

Just feeding my interface rather than using Native, to free up the CPU for <other stuff>. Also, no longer powered by that battery on the right - no need. Turns out my homebrew USB C adapter works perfectly just using a standard phone charger too.
    <space for hire>
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2232
    edited May 2022
    Fishboy7 said:
    Fishboy7 said:

I had a Walrus Julia for a bit, and I think that was better for traditional chorus than the SW.  

The Shallow Water really is it's own thing
    It definitely is, though I have managed to get very close to a SW sound with the Julianna in vibrato mode, and playing around with the Jam Delay Llama Xtreme in mode 1, and dialling back the tone knob on my Tele.
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    Gassage said:
     Bit of a rebuild ahead of a trip to Rockfield Studios.

Maiden and EchoCzar in, Nordvang in.

Nice, what are you recording?
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    Downsizing...no longer need the power amp, since I don't have a band.

Just feeding my interface rather than using Native, to free up the CPU for <other stuff>. Also, no longer powered by that battery on the right - no need. Turns out my homebrew USB C adapter works perfectly just using a standard phone charger too.
    What are you using to play it through? Studio monitors? Phones?
    Don't you feel the need of a cabinet with guitar speakers moving some air? 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26631
    Jota said:

What are you using to play it through? Studio monitors? Phones?
    Don't you feel the need of a cabinet with guitar speakers moving some air? 
    Just studio monitors. The "amp in the room" thing's always seemed pointless to me at home volumes - it's not until you're at band volume that speakers come alive, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong - this setup sounds noticeably better at band volumes through a power amp and cab, but that doesn't mean it sounds bad through monitors at home volumes by any stretch.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom