Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    edited May 2022
    I thought the last one I posted was what I'd settled on. I was wrong. Maybe I'll settle on this...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    I thought the last one I posted was what I'd settled on. I was wrong. Maybe I'll settle on this...

What is this 'settling' you speak of?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Fiddlesticks_Fiddlesticks_ Frets: 273
    Lebarque said:

What is this 'settling' you speak of?
    It's a term I'm yet to know the actual meaning of. Maybe I'll get it through trial and error.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    It's the opposite of massive, but I think I'm done!

@Acdeezee86 i was interested that you have your tuner last in the chain. I think there is an argument for this but 99% of the time you see it first or nearly first. Just wondered if this was something you’d experimented with or just how they all fitted together? 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • Acdeezee86Acdeezee86 Frets: 28
    @EricTheWeary funny you mentioned this as I just put the tuner first yesterday.  The reason for it being at the end was simply that for a while I had a ge fuzz face first in the chain and it didn’t like the tuner, so I ended putting the tuner last - in part, just for symmetry, it felt weird to have the tuner in the middle of the board.

That said to my (not very particular ears) I couldn’t hear a difference with it first or last.
  • english_bobenglish_bob Frets: 5158
    @EricTheWeary funny you mentioned this as I just put the tuner first yesterday.  The reason for it being at the end was simply that for a while I had a ge fuzz face first in the chain and it didn’t like the tuner, so I ended putting the tuner last - in part, just for symmetry, it felt weird to have the tuner in the middle of the board.

That said to my (not very particular ears) I couldn’t hear a difference with it first or last.

Do you notice any change to the speed or accuracy of tuning though? That's why I've always put my tuner first...

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    I have my tuner after the drive pedals but before the delay. That way I can mute the signal at the end of a song to lose any drive hiss but not lose any delay trails on that last chord!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I have my tuner after the drive pedals but before the delay. That way I can mute the signal at the end of a song to lose any drive hiss but not lose any delay trails on that last chord!
    I think that makes a lot of sense. 

When I had my Marshall Vibratrem it had weird noises unless it was after a buffered pedal such as my Boss tuner so it was in the middle of the chain then. Seemed fine, just that rising panic that everybody else puts the tuner first (or after wah only). 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • joetele said:
    I've gone from some nice boutique stuff and oddities, to a budget basic bitch. 

Budget board https://imgur.com/gallery/jrVx8YO

So much that is AWESOME on this board!  Well done.  
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    edited May 2022
    Pretty nerdy but I build my own Carcosa clone with my band's graphics to replace my actual Carcosa. I thought it would be cool to have something personalised

I used Russian germanium diodes (D9K or something? D9J?) with a similar forward voltage to spec (because everyone knows that germanium is always better). It does sound quite different to my factory one, not as compressed and a bit more fizzy. I'm not sure if this is all down to the diodes or if there is something else at play (could even be the taper of the pots). It can be made to sound similar to how I set my real Carcosa with the fuzz and bias controls set much higher

I'm really happy with my board now, I'm not interested in making any changes to it

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3400

There's plenty more space on that board
    NelsonP said:

Maybe @Fiddlesticks_ ;wears really big shoes.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    NelsonP said:

Maybe @Fiddlesticks_ ;wears really big shoes.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    :grin:

Joking aside, I see boards on here with pedals bunched up and crammed in to every inch of available space and I wonder whether people actually work them with their feet. 

69A INTANDANE  0196 Original Leather Italian Style Cuban Heeled Winkle  Picker Boots circa 1960 Size 2 Sold to The Netherlands March 2020
    Baby Shoes Guide - Best Baby Shoes 2022

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Here's my latest version. Direct board all going into the HX Stomp (B&B season in full swing so can't disturb the guests with my racket). 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 26.226.2 Frets: 525
    NelsonP said:

Yeah - get that DMM back on for a start!!
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2231
    Here's my latest version. Direct board all going into the HX Stomp (B&B season in full swing so can't disturb the guests with my racket). 

How are you getting on with the Julia?
  • joetelejoetele Frets: 951
    joetele said:
    I've gone from some nice boutique stuff and oddities, to a budget basic bitch. 

Budget board https://imgur.com/gallery/jrVx8YO

So much that is AWESOME on this board!  Well done.  
    Thanks man! I'm having a lot of fun with it, and haven't felt any desire to change it. 
    MUSIC: Pale Blurs
  • Acdeezee86Acdeezee86 Frets: 28

Do you notice any change to the speed or accuracy of tuning though? That's why I've always put my tuner first...
    Sorry, I missed your response. No, to be honest I didn't notice any change in the tuner's performance either.  Maybe it would be different if I had a ton of pedals?
    Sorry, I missed your response. No, to be honest I didn't notice any change in the tuner's performance either.  Maybe it would be different if I had a ton of pedals?

My understanding was that feeding your tuner a signal directly from your guitar was likely to get you a quicker, more accurate reading than if the tuner had various pitch-mangling effects in its way- modulation, delay etc. It's not so much how many pedals as what they do to your guitar signal.