Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• JotaJota Frets: 465
    Jota said:

What are you using to play it through? Studio monitors? Phones?
    Don't you feel the need of a cabinet with guitar speakers moving some air? 
    Just studio monitors. The "amp in the room" thing's always seemed pointless to me at home volumes - it's not until you're at band volume that speakers come alive, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong - this setup sounds noticeably better at band volumes through a power amp and cab, but that doesn't mean it sounds bad through monitors at home volumes by any stretch.
    I ask because, even at home, playing through headphones (I don't have studio monitors, just some PC speakers) sounds good but it doesn't push me to play like real amps.
    But I usually play louder alone at home than I do with the band.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26629
    Jota said:
    Jota said:

Just studio monitors. The "amp in the room" thing's always seemed pointless to me at home volumes - it's not until you're at band volume that speakers come alive, in my opinion.

Don't get me wrong - this setup sounds noticeably better at band volumes through a power amp and cab, but that doesn't mean it sounds bad through monitors at home volumes by any stretch.
    I ask because, even at home, playing through headphones (I don't have studio monitors, just some PC speakers) sounds good but it doesn't push me to play like real amps.
    Oh, I wouldn't play through headphones unless I really had to. Even the best headphones in the world aren't as good for playing as average studio monitors.
    <space for hire>
  • Jota said:
    Jota said:

Oh, I wouldn't play through headphones unless I really had to. Even the best headphones in the world aren't as good for playing as average studio monitors.
    I disagree. Headphones are a hundred times better than monitors in an untreated room, imo.

Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • euaneuan Frets: 1498
    edited May 2022
    Where I am at the moment
    0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 366
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 961
    Fishboy7 said:
    Couple more changes and moved down to a pedaltrain jr.  

I like this. It's got all the essential sounds (for me), not too much, but quality choices.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 181
    Jim54 said:
    Lewy said:
    Jim54 said:

Latest arrangement

Nice! Do you stack the Revival Drive and Revival Trem or have them as separate "amps" with only one on at a time? I'm guessing the latter as you have them both set to Power Amp...
    Yeah, one at a time, the RD doing blackface fender and Plexi and the Revival trem doing a tweed.
    How is RD into the Two Notes? Im looking at that option for practice and backup
    euan said:
    Where I am at the moment

Wooltone is you?
    How do you compare the Broadcast to the Benson?
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    Jim54 said:
    Lewy said:
    Jim54 said:

Latest arrangement

Nice! Do you stack the Revival Drive and Revival Trem or have them as separate "amps" with only one on at a time? I'm guessing the latter as you have them both set to Power Amp...
    Yeah, one at a time, the RD doing blackface fender and Plexi and the Revival trem doing a tweed.
    RD into Two Notes Torpedo CAB is my setup for recording and quiet/silent practice - very effective!
  • robmac5150robmac5150 Frets: 181
    Keefy said:
    Jim54 said:
    Lewy said:
    Jim54 said:

Latest arrangement

RD into Two Notes Torpedo CAB is my setup for recording and quiet/silent practice - very effective!
    cool. 
  • euaneuan Frets: 1498
    edited May 2022
    Jota said

Wooltone is you?
    yeah it is. They are both definitely “make gooder” pedals, and I’m using the preamp as an always on pedal. Seems to broaden and give weight to the sound, and I keep it pretty clean. 

Broadcast is bright and sparkly, I have it set up so it’s a cascading sound shaper rather than more aggressive fuzz. Prefer running it at 18V than 9V too. If I was going to get a Hudson one it would be the single channel one I think 
    euan said:
    Jota said

Wooltone is you?
    yeah it is. They are both definitely “make gooder” pedals, and I’m using the preamp as an always on pedal. Seems to broaden and give weight to the sound, and I keep it pretty clean. 

Broadcast is bright and sparkly, I have it set up so it’s a cascading sound shaper rather than more aggressive fuzz. Prefer running it at 18V than 9V too. If I was going to get a Hudson one it would be the single channel one I think 
    I have the dual version but I read such praise for the Benson that I wonder... 
  • Acdeezee86Acdeezee86 Frets: 28
    It's the opposite of massive, but I think I'm done!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8493
    Feels like I'm getting there. Need some lower profile patch cables in a couple of places , and on a purely aesthetic level switching to a mini tuner would let me space out the bottom row better...

• rsvmarkrsvmark Frets: 1383
    An official Foo liked guitarist since 2024
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7442
    A Nano experiment

If the Supreme hadn’t been in the post I may have gone for a Dane after trying one at the show 

Will see how this goes 
    Red ones are better. 
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2286
    TimmyO said:
    A Nano experiment

If the Supreme hadn’t been in the post I may have gone for a Dane after trying one at the show 

Will see how this goes 
    Are you plugging this into the Blug Amp 1?
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    TimmyO said:
    A Nano experiment

Will see how this goes 
    Dane still here waiting for you. Fancy a go on one of those Supremes myself.
    Keefy said:
    TimmyO said:
    A Nano experiment

Will see how this goes 
    Are you plugging this into the Blug Amp 1?
    Aye that’s my only amp now 
    Red ones are better. 
    Lebarque said:
    TimmyO said:
    A Nano experiment

Will see how this goes 
    Dane still here waiting for you. Fancy a go on one of those Supremes myself.
    If any of my bits and bobs for sale sell I may take you up on it - no funds til then
    Red ones are better.