Holland custom guitars???

What's Hot

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6234
    tFB Trader
    Call trading standards?
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27747
    Moneyclaim?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    Trading standards and small claims court? CCJ? 

I'm staggered that you folk have waited so long. As an Ebay seller, it's strange to me how I can get some customers who'll gripe if you don't dispatch within 24 hours yet some people will wait months and months without getting their gear and take someone on email face value alone. Get some legal advice and then take him to court. 

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418

From his website ....

"Currently not taking orders but finishing up ALL orders. Please everyone your guitars are being made but I have had to take a part time job to pay the bills as we are struggling at the moment to keep things on. Our email service has been shuttered through this website and time does not permit me to answer emails as we have to get on the internet at our parents house.

Thanks for your understanding  ~  Dickie"

Doesn't bode well ...

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    edited May 2014
    Cowboy.

You see this a lot from small builders- they cannot cope with the realities of running a business and it ends up folding in on itself.
    It is a shame as it pushes more people towards only buying established brands.
    You can be sure that I won't let this sort of thing happen once I'm up and running.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited May 2014
    "Holland Guitars is owned in partnership by the A & E  Music Group LTD."

Companies House seems to have no record of any like named organisation.
  • gbloomersgbloomers Frets: 1
    this is unbelievable!
    and yes, it seems that I'm in the same boats as all of you. 
    I ordered my body about 12 weeks ago and yes assured me that it would take 3 weeks. well that hasn't happened. 
    he keeps making different time promises and some of them are obviously bullshit. sometimes he won't reply to an email for weeks.
    I have seen a picture of the guitar finished and he absolutely promised that it would be with me last week.
    he marked the guitar as sent on ebay but i don't believe that as it hasn't come over 10 days later. he won't even reply to me giving me a tracking number (if he actually has sent it)
    im 17 and the £275 i spent on this is a lot of money to me!
    i told him i wanted the body fast or my money back but obviously he hasn't replied.
    good luck guys, i know we all might need it haha
  • alanchanxdalanchanxd Frets: 64
    edited June 2014
    I have tried sending him emails to his different email accounts without success. I have also tried messaging him on eBay but surely he has deliberately ignored me. Recently, he received ebay feedback (as a seller) indicating that somehow he still has the time to dispatch items and check his eBay, yet he still doesn't have the ability to reply us.

I know he has internet access to some degree and it is irresponsible to not communicate with his oustanding customers / creditors.

EDITED BY ADMIN: Removed comments with potential for liability (@digitalscream).

edited June 2014
    EDITED BY ADMIN: Removed veiled threat, whether intentional or not (@digitalscream).
  • spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    Seriously!? Why in Gods name would you tolerate this from what is essentially a no name builder? You could get the same quality/ better quality stuff from a reputable name for the same/ less money and have it quicker. MJT springs to mind. Never any complaints and you get what you want. It baffles me why someone would pay money up front and wait so long for something that is readily available elsewhere.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    my order was very original and somewhere like warmth wouldn't do it. also mjt is in america is it not?
    I asked for a thin line start body with 1 f hole and 1 tv jones pickup with a hard tail bridge, all in british racing green. I don't think that i could have got that anywhere else in england.
    gbloomers said:
    my order was very original and somewhere like warmth wouldn't do it. also mjt is in america is it not?
    I asked for a thin line start body with 1 f hole and 1 tv jones pickup with a hard tail bridge, all in british racing green. I don't think that i could have got that anywhere else in england.
    check your inbox

• spacecadetspacecadet Frets: 671
    gbloomers said:
    Yes MJT are in the US. Wouldn't be a problem for me and hasn't been for many others.

Fair enough if it's a super custom model. I'm sure you could get one in the UK if you asked around. There are builders that will do stuff but always at a price.

FYI, I just built this on the Warmoth site. Sea Foam Green but you get the idea. Came out at $500 so not far off what you paid.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af135/roscoe2911/Untitled_zps8ffa5e57.png
    well your better at that warmoth site then me haha. well maybe if i ever get my money back then i will get a body from warmth but at the moment it just looks like i have been scammed :( that body you built looks exactly like the picture he sent me of the finished product. god knows what he is doing with it.
    ?!
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited June 2014
    gbloomers said:
    EDITED BY ADMIN: Removed comments with potential for liability (@digitalscream).
    Check his eBay listing http://r.ebay.com/qSEZ4R
    I've emailed him, much as I did with Mark Phillips, to try to goad him into responding.
    Let's see if it has any effect.

He may post here- if he does then let's treat him with respect until we know what is going on.
    edited June 2014
    I have tried sending him emails to his different email accounts without success. I have also tried messaging him on eBay but surely he has deliberately ignored me. Recently, he received ebay feedback (as a seller) indicating that somehow he still has the time to dispatch items and check his eBay, yet he still doesn't have the ability to reply us.

I know he has internet access to some degree and it is irresponsible to not communicate with his oustanding customers / creditors.
    Why have you not gone to the police or relevant authorities? If he has taken payment and failed to deliver then that is tantamount to theft. If he were a bricks and mortar shop in your home town, you wouldn't stand for this so why stand for it because he's a dodgy online trader? 

octatonic said:
    I've emailed him, much as I did with Mark Phillips, to try to goad him into responding.

He may post here- if he does then let's treat him with respect until we know what is going on.

If he does post here, then I demand the right to treat him with the same respect that he gives his customers :)

octatonic said:

If he does post here, then I demand the right to treat him with the same respect that he gives his customers :)
    Is the goal to berate him in public or find a way to get things put right?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    edited June 2014

Why have you not gone to the police or relevant authorities? If he has taken payment and failed to deliver then that is tantamount to theft. If he were a bricks and mortar shop in your home town, you wouldn't stand for this so why stand for it because he's a dodgy online trader? 

At least for me, I bought into his story that he is facing difficult times. I felt sympathetic and chose to be patient, give him some time to fix his family matters whilst I wait. Sometimes people face unexpectedly difficult times, and that could happen to honest people too.

But after 7 months of waiting, I have been more than patient and generous. I wouldn't be this angry if he could at least provide some form of communication and feedback progress.

We are all grown-ups and we should accept responsibilities and duties. If he seriously can't be responsible as a seller to fulfill orders and provide communication, then he is incompetent to do business and he should pay us back, as a man of honour and responsibility.

I am quite tempted to pursue legal action now, I'll ask my lawyer friend. Sick of being a nice guy.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom