Holland custom guitars???

What's Hot

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26955
    Guys, he's gone straight to our hosting company to complain about content in this thread. I'm going to shift this to SC temporarily to hide it from the public, then I'll go through it when I've got more time and - fair warning - delete anything that's a potential risk to the site's continued operation.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • If he spent more time fulfilling promises, running his business and building guitars, he wouldn't have to spend his time trying to remove his unsatisfied customers' comments.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    edited June 2014

[admin edited]

Comment neither necessary, relevant or helpful right now.

My V key is broken
    Panama_Jack666;265890" said:
    If he spent more time fulfilling promises, running his business and building guitars, he wouldn't have to spend his time trying to remove his unsatisfied customers' comments.
    Very true, but sadly I'm still going to have to get the hatchet out later, as required by the hosting company.
    <space for hire>
  • Panama_Jack666;265890" said:
    If he spent more time fulfilling promises, running his business and building guitars, he wouldn't have to spend his time trying to remove his unsatisfied customers' comments.
    Very true, but sadly I'm still going to have to get the hatchet out later, as required by the hosting company.
    Oh absolutely! I wasn't disagreeing with that. I was just making a point of he seems like an unsavoury character after multiple customers all saying the same thing followed by him moaning about a thread on here. There are two sides to every story, he should face the feedback instead of trying to shut the thread down and get people in trouble. If his reasons are genuine, he should have no problem responding to the comments on here.

Keep up the good work @digitalscream I like this forum and don't like seeing the free speech aspect of the forum compromised! 
    OK, guys - sorry for taking the axe to various posts, but I've tried to keep the flow as best I can. Where I could, I made edits (and noted them). I'm afraid some were a bit too far, though, and I couldn't edit and keep the sentiment/flow so I had to delete.

I've moved it back into the appropriate section.

To Dickie Holland: if you're still unhappy with the content of this thread (which is now simply a catalogue of unfulfilled business and expressions of dissatisfaction by your customers), by all means sign up for an account - it's free - and PM me to discuss it. I have also given Linode permission to pass my contact details on to you (for obvious reasons, they can't give your details to me). I will assume that if you don't get in touch within the next 7 days, this is all resolved to your satisfaction.
    <space for hire>
  • APTAPT Frets: 1
    edited May 2018
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17783
    edited June 2014 tFB Trader
    APT said:
    Gagaryn said:
    I try not to be too suspicious, but first post ever on this forum with positive comments for a 'luthier' that are completely contrary to the experiences of others who have had dealings? hmm!

My reason for registering and posting my review was that I too had felt concerned about what I had read here and thought it may help individuals who are in a similar position. I had stumbled across this thread and it worried the hell out of me! I asked for the work in Sept 2013 and received the guitar back this week (June 2014). Admittedly longer than I expected. The second guitar went off for a re-finish in January and I am waiting for this at the time of writing.
    One thing to consider before anyone gets out their lynching pitchforks is that TheFB is now a very popular website meaning for slightly obscure topics that feature on the site it will often end up being on the front page of google. So it's quite likely people will stumble across it. 

Indeed it's the second hit for "Holland Custom Guitars" which is probably why the owner has got upset about people making legitimate complaints about his poor service. Although frankly if he'd cared about it more before it made him look bad on the internet he wouldn't be in this mess.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DickieDickie Frets: 2
    Yep, you're probably right. But after my brother died and my mother was diagnosed with throat cancer 3 months later, to say I took it pretty hard would be an understatement.
    Without getting into my financial business, the whole thing left me destitute and pennyless. I have sense taken on a full time job and things are looking better.
    I do find it interesting that only one person made mention of their refund when in fact all were refunded/compenstated. And the relatively nice emails from the same people here who have chosen to publicly bash me.
    Im from the southern portion of the U.S. and in 40 years have not seen the like anywhere else in my travels.
    I have absolutely nothing bad to say as Im just not like that or by any description that I have been labled with here.
    I hope when the time comes you fair better in mourning a loved one than I did my brother. His death crushed my soul and it was all I could do to push on. Again, I apologise for the inconvenience I brought to you and hope the best for you and yours.

sincerely, Dickie Holland
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    edited July 2014
    Complaining to our hosting company was a dick move and totally undermines this emotional-plea-pity argument that you seem to be trading on- as does the way your website disappeared then rebranded without contact details- it screams DODGY to anyone paying attention.

Very sorry your brother died but is using that as an excuse a good way to honour his memory?
    People are not responsible for your troubles and people have troubles of their own.

People either want the agreed guitars or their money back.
    Anything else at this late stage will just appear lame and shit.
    Indeed it's the second hit for "Holland Custom Guitars" which is probably why the owner has got upset about people making legitimate complaints about his poor service. Although frankly if he'd cared about it more before it made him look bad on the internet he wouldn't be in this mess.
    It is the first one now.
    Have no way to tell someone else how to deal with death. I dealt with it the only way I knew how. I contacted the hosting company as there are no contact details on the home page. Really had no intention to join a forum. I dont care for the format.
    edited July 2014
    Oh and they all were refunded and or sent their guitars. Their not posting that fact is their own choice.
    For what it's worth, I've had a conversation with Dickie via PM and he's explained the logic of going straight to the hosting company; while I'm not at all a fan of that approach, I do understand why he did it. 

So...I'm obviously not about to go back erasing it from history by editing posts here, but of all the criticisms on here (valid or not), as the person with the most to lose from it, I'd like to take that one off the table :)
    <space for hire>
    edited July 2014
    Dickie said:
    Have no way to tell someone else how to deal with death. I dealt with it the only way I knew how. I contacted the hosting company as there are no contact details on the home page. Really had no intention to join a forum. I dont care for the format.
    Unlikely and hard to believe.
    You can't assume that people here are stupid and will believe anything you say- some of us are highly skeptical of you and your motives.
    I bet you don't like the format- because it has revealed inconsistencies in your story.

Forums like this are great for the consumer because they can sniff out bullshit fairly easily.

Can the mod's check to see if the IP for Dickie is the same as the APT account?
    @monquixote can you check?

octatonic said:

They're definitely different people.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    APT is a fellow who is a customer of mine. He can post photos of the guitar I made for him as I will post photos of his Faded fiesta red strat Im finishing up now.
    octatonic said:

They're definitely different people.
    Ok, great.
    edited July 2014
    "Unlikely and hard to believe.You can't assume that people here are stupid and will believe anything you say- some of us are highly skeptical of you and your motives"

Could you clarify which part of my statement you find 'hard to believe' Your assumption that I think any one person on this forum stupid,is presumptuous at best.

http://m.journalnow.com/obituaries/halsey-arnold-duane/article_034f2821-763d-5992-8c8a-381fbd88b77b.html?mode=jqm
    Adams Faded Fiesta red strat is nearly finished. Will mount the trem in the morning and cut the string slots.

photo AdamsFadedFiestsStrat013_zpsce4d58a5.jpg

photo AdamsFadedFiestsStrat016_zps80c00fb9.jpg

photo AdamsFadedFiestsStrat017_zps93112417.jpg

The original nut was a locking nut that went with the god awful Fender tremolo system that I saw on a few early 90's strats back when I sold them in the states.

photo AdamsFadedFiestsStrat021_zps6f50e61a.jpg