Holland custom guitars???

What's Hot

Comments

• thermionicthermionic Frets: 9779
    Breaking news - Holland Custom Guitars has merged with Phillips Cleartone Conversions.

The guitars are terrible butchered monstrosities, but the good news is they never arrive.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • alanchanxdalanchanxd Frets: 64
    edited May 2014
    okay guys

I just got an email reply from Dickie

He said he is re-making my neck and: "I am overwhelmed at the moment as I have had to take on a part time job to pay the bills"

I hope all is well and I send my warmest regards to him, so that hopefully he would be able to get back into production and complete all outstanding orders.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6418
    Typical disorganised small builder I'd say, over committing and chronically under delivering.

Must be linked to Farndurk pedals in some way ! ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33965
    edited May 2014
    okay guys

He said he is re-making my neck and: "I am overwhelmed at the moment as I have had to take on a part time job to pay the bills"

I hope all is well and I send my warmest regards to him, so that hopefully he would be able to get back into production and complete all outstanding orders.
    In my experience this is just another lie these guys tell (maybe even to themselves).

He may eventually deliver something to you but are you sure you want to give him the benefit of the doubt?

Why does he have to 'remake' your neck?
    Where is the original one?
    octatonic said:
    okay guys

In my experience this is just another lie these guys tell (maybe even to themselves).

He may eventually delver something to you but are you sure you want to give him the benefit of the doubt?

He said he will post some pictures over the weekend. I look forward to it and I am curious to see what he can deliver.

Asking him what happened to the previous neck. He promised me the neck will arrive before my flight departure date (June 17th)

• HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22562
    WHUMP. 

This is the sound of my head smacking the desk. 

okay guys

Sir, if I'd been treated the way you have, the only regards I'd be giving him are the ones that involve a visit from the local constabulary. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    WHUMP. 

I'm right there with you, fella.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    WHUMP. 

okay guys

Sir, if I'd been treated the way you have, the only regards I'd be giving him are the ones that involve a visit from the local constabulary. 

Yeah i still feel quite annoyed for his piss poor communication

I'll wait and see what he has to offer during the weekends, meanwhile I will gather legal advice in case i get screwed in the butt

Before his website changed and his facebook page got removed, he has received positive feedback and recommendation for his craftsmanship. Therefore, I thought that his sub-par quality and production delays were because of unexpected circumstances like family matters, his fallen rooftop, and too many orders.

The communication was poor no doubt... I don't know what to feel anymore, I was patient and empathetic at first but it seems like my patience was thoroughly tested. If I didn't hurry him, I probably would have waited nearly a year for the neck and body (that's if he still remembers).

Sir, stop giving this guy so much leeway. You've waited seven months. He's changed his business name on Ebay, removed his website, altered Facebook, given lousy communications, the folk who have received their goods as detailed on this thread have a few reservations... everything about him says 'dodgy'. 

Ask for your money back. You have every right. He doesn't deserve your money. Give it to a builder who will give you good service, a good product, and no bullshit. 

• bibmuff69bibmuff69 Frets: 7
    edited June 2014
    Join the que,don't know if a should laugh or cry, or...

EDITED BY ADMIN: Removed comments with potential for liability (@digitalscream).
    octatonic said:
    okay guys

He may eventually deliver something to you but are you sure you want to give him the benefit of the doubt?

He said: "the original neck was soaked from our roof[,] I thought it would have been fine but it warped and started to split"

So apparently his roof collapsed which soaked the neck. Funny thing is, his stories are inconsistent.
    His email 2 months ago said that "
    the bodies [are] finished and the necks [are] made just needs more clear coat".
    If I recall correctly, his roof collapsed during Dec-Jan.

goddamnitwtf

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    More bullshit
    asked for a refund, i'll see his response

He said: "the original neck was soaked from our roof[,] I thought it would have been fine but it warped and started to split"

So apparently his roof collapsed which soaked the neck. Funny thing is, his stories are inconsistent.
    His email 2 months ago said that "
    the bodies [are] finished and the necks [are] made just needs more clear coat".
    If I recall correctly, his roof collapsed during Dec-Jan.

goddamnitwtf

Stop letting him take you up the shitter. Ask for a refund. 

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27978
    That's the problem with lying.

You have to remember what lies you told to which people, and make sure that you always tell them the right one.  And that they don't all meet up on a forum and compare what they've been told.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27978
    edited June 2014
    He promised me the neck will arrive before my flight departure date (June 17th)
    That's lucky then.  

Because presumably it's going to be a whole lot harder for you to chase him, and escalate it through the small claims court, or to the plod if necessary, once you've left the country ...

But he's "promised".  ????

No matter what business you're in, if you take a customers money to do something, and then find that you can't do it (for whatever hard luck reason) you should make sure that you're prepared and able to refund their monies if that's what they ask for.

If you can't do that, you're not "in business".
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Also asked to collect the guitar or a refund,this guys a fucking nightmare
    bibmuff69 said:
    More bullshit
    Absolutely- totally amazed that anyone would believe it.

• GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    edited May 2014
    and his Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/HollandGuitar?fref=ts

Shall we bombard him into coming here and explaining himself?

A quote from his Facebook:

"Currency in the form of paper is based on debt otherwise known as Fiat Currency. It represents the chains that bind you. And if you think your god blesses you with this then you still don't understand the problem"

Yeah sure buddy- how do you explain taking other people's money and then doing a runner?