Holland custom guitars???

What's Hot

Comments

• bibmuff69bibmuff69 Frets: 7
    edited June 2014
    He's had nearly £700 from me,
    I sent him a custom warmoth neck,solid rosewood,plus the rosewood body blank imported from the US,plus all the hardware,custom pick up set every single nut and bolt,plus the £300 for the build,he sent me pictures of the finished guitar in November and said it just needed a fret dress,then it all went tits up,communication broke down,then the bullshit started,and them the lies started

EDITED BY ADMIN: Removed comments with potential for liability (@digitalscream).
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    His address is on the eBay listing I linked to above.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33884
    No mention of 'Holland Guitars' at Companies House.
    I wonder if he is paying tax on this income?
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 22455
    octatonic said:

Is the goal to berate him in public or find a way to get things put right?
    Both. If he has time to be posting on here, then his pisspoor communications records with his customers looks even worse. 

octatonic said:
    If he is legit then I would imagine he's a sole trader using Holland Guitars as a trading name and therefore won't have incorporated. 

octatonic said:
    If he is legit then I would imagine he's a sole trader using Holland Guitars as a trading name and therefore won't have incorporated. 
    Not necessarily- limited liability could be useful.
    Doesn't protect you in a case of fraud though.
  • alanchanxdalanchanxd Frets: 64
    edited June 2014
    bibmuff69 said:
    He's had nearly £700 from me,
    I sent him a custom warmoth neck,solid rosewood,plus the rosewood body blank imported from the US,plus all the hardware,custom pick up set every single nut and bolt,plus the £300 for the build,he sent me pictures of the finished guitar in November and said it just needed a fret dress,then it all went tits up,communication broke down,then the bullshit started,and them the lies started
    Damn I am sorry to hear that, i could imagine how it feels when he's got all ur parts and ignores you. 

I have pm-ed you

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12989
    Paging @fretmeister ;

Fretmeister normally knows the best way to go (legally) about dealing with things like this. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3675
    edited May 2014
    Wouldn't approaching the trading standards body in his locality (Fishguard, from his eBay profile) be a starting point.
    I'm going to look into it first, ever get that feeling your being cheated??
    octatonic said:

Not necessarily- limited liability could be useful.
    Doesn't protect you in a case of fraud though.
    Going by his business practices, I'm not thinking he's smart enough to think about things like limited liability advanatges of starting a limited company :D 

You're probably right.
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24737
    Sue him for a refund.

If you involve TS then you alert others. you might find yourself at the back of the queue for getting your money.

If he only owes you money then you can use the Court Service 'money claim online' service.

But if he has items belonging to you then you can't use the money claim online, because that is or money only.

You'll need proper Particulars of Claim for that, probably arguing for the money element, and the return of items you originally gave him to perform a task. That element would be argued as a breach of contract and Bailment too, but with an alternative that if he hasn't got them anymore or they have been damaged then you want money to replace them.

The main problem you have is that under the Civil Procedure Rules as amended in 2013 you won't recover solicitors fees unless a contract claim is worth more than £10,000

So you'll have to do it yourself.

But eitherway - get on with it before you find yourself behind the mortgage company and the HMRC who will hoover up all his assets leaving you without a penny even if you do win.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    How did it ever get to this???,I only wanted a guitar for fucks sake!!

Sue him for a refund.

If you involve TS then you alert others. you might find yourself at the back of the queue for getting your money.

If he only owes you money then you can use the Court Service 'money claim online' service.

But if he has items belonging to you then you can't use the money claim online, because that is or money only.

You'll need proper Particulars of Claim for that, probably arguing for the money element, and the return of items you originally gave him to perform a task. That element would be argued as a breach of contract and Bailment too, but with an alternative that if he hasn't got them anymore or they have been damaged then you want money to replace them.

The main problem you have is that under the Civil Procedure Rules as amended in 2013 you won't recover solicitors fees unless a contract claim is worth more than £10,000

So you'll have to do it yourself.

But eitherway - get on with it before you find yourself behind the mortgage company and the HMRC who will hoover up all his assets leaving you without a penny even if you do win.
    Would debit card chargeback work?

I paid via paypal, and it has deducted money straight from my bank account (not from my paypal balance) 

Doubt he'd give it over even if he did.
    I reckon one of two things is going on.

1. Either he has realised he isn't cut out to be a builder and has basically folded his business- the place holder website is basically for the benefit of the existing orders- to get people off his back and hope that people will eventually fuck off.

2. No, actually it is just one thing.

Feel sorry for those that have been fleeced- I hope no-one else falls for the scam.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27489
    If you paid via paypal you might be able to claim via them? (assuming regular transaction payment and not gift) They're usually pretty good on customer rights. Shitty on seller's rights, but that doesn't appear to be a big issue in this case.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    This is why I use my credit card for any purchases that aren't in a shop, then at least you can get your money back.

I wish you all the best of luck and hope you get some sort of resolve...
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
    If you paid via paypal you might be able to claim via them? (assuming regular transaction payment and not gift) They're usually pretty good on customer rights. Shitty on seller's rights, but that doesn't appear to be a big issue in this case.
    But the problem is that you could only file a paypal dispute within 45 days from the purchase date, so i can't file a paypal dispute hmmmmm

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6405
    Will for @bibmuff69 for his Warmoth bits
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback