'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot

Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    took this pic on my way home today.  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    After all my posturing, I do have to say that its genuinely very bad here in Dorset this evening.  The Police are warning everyone to stay indoors and many of the main roads are closed. We currently have very high winds and hailstones banging against the windows making an alarming noise.   

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5200
    Torbay  is like a War Zone.... It’s Biblical in the amount of Carnage... I’ve been stuck on the road for 4 hours....  :s
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    From Edinburgh earlier... driving like Colin McRae in a Volvo B7TL.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-43239989/near-miss-as-bus-swerves-to-avoid-car-in-edinburgh

A bit of skill and quite a lot of luck involved there I think!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6233
    Myranda said:
    ooh, our heating has packed up... um... yay?

VimFuego said:
    golly, what a big sword he has
    I had the thundercats sword as a youngun, it lit up and made noises
    It might just be a frozen condensate pipe..
    See
    http://www.gasboilerforums.com/frozencondensate.html
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31918
    DiscoStu said:
    Snow day? This is how I spent this morning, business as usual.

https://i.imgur.com/FDpfvFw.jpg

I think it’s great that surgeons make the effort to come in when there’s snow. God bless our wonderful NHS.
    There was a mention on Radio Four this evening about a Scottish surgeon who'd walked three hours in the snow to perform an operation in Paisley. 

My first thought was "I don't really care what he was wearing..."
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    ICBM said:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-scotland-43239989/near-miss-as-bus-swerves-to-avoid-car-in-edinburgh

I know that road well, looks like something out of a movie! I left work 2pm yesterday.. took me two hours to get home whereas it usually takes 40 mins. 
    It's really bad out here so I've been working from home and will do so tomorrow, too. 
    Don't have a snow shovel, eek. Running low on food.. I sent the girls out but the shops were empty!
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    I sent the girls out but the shops were empty!
    eat the girls
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16945
    p90fool said:
    DiscoStu said:
    Snow day? This is how I spent this morning, business as usual.

https://i.imgur.com/FDpfvFw.jpg

I think it’s great that surgeons make the effort to come in when there’s snow. God bless our wonderful NHS.
    There was a mention on Radio Four this evening about a Scottish surgeon who'd walked three hours in the snow to perform an operation in Paisley. 

My first thought was "I don't really care what he was wearing..."
    Just made me think, would you want a surgeon doing an op on you not long after a 3 hr walk in artic conditions?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4438
    I sent the girls out but the shops were empty!
    eat the girls
    Hahaha :D
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited March 2018
    The snow can fuck off now.

Not enough round here to get me a second day off work, but just enough everywhere else to royally fuck up my plans for tomorrow evening.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Hugely disappointing down here with me, lots of high winds but at the end of it all a very light dusting of snow on the ground. Hope the old man's farm has more, my son wants to play in the snow tomorrow.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    ICBM said:

I know that road well, looks like something out of a movie!
    Even better, the bus driver was a woman. Sandra Bullock has nothing on this girl :).

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/news/revealed-the-edinburgh-bus-driver-who-averted-snow-disaster-1-4699122

What I'd like to know is what the twat in the car thought they were doing...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    What I'd like to know is what the hell the bus driver thought she was doing going that fast given the state on the road !  Watch it again and see how fast she's going.  If that had been a tree down across the road, she'd have hit it hard and people would have been injured.  She would have been vilified for her recklessness.  If that had been an accident blocking the road, she could easily have killed people.  She's a f**king idiot, not a hero.

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • This was a terrible week to have as annual leave. :(
    Not sure if it’s good that I have cancelled mine, getting refund from it all, flights and parking and hotels, it’s like I never booked anything.

I wanted to take a trip up to Scotland - lolol it has turned into ps4, reading and lots of tea. 
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    I laughed at it earlier in the week but it’s pretty damn bad here. 3ft of it had drifted up around the back door overnight.

Police saying don’t use the roads at all, all buses off etc. 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2954
    We had rain overnight which appears to have hit the roads and frozen solid. Its like a skating rink.  People have been trapped overnight just a few miles away and the local trains are off due to a train that has broken down with a couple hundred people on it near christchurch.  I have already seen folks heading our local train station though, do they not watch the TV and realise that the country has ground to a halt.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Hooty the Garden Owl appears to have not made it through the night 

• MoominpapaMoominpapa Frets: 1649
    R.I.P Hooty   :anguished: 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Working from home for me today!