'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot

Comments

• welshboyowelshboyo Frets: 1831
    edited March 2018
    Close to f' all here in SW Wales - kids are disappointed even though the schools are closed.

I Work from Home so makes no difference whatsoever unless we had drifts in the kitchen...

We are getting lots of short powercuts though, really weird and is obviously playing complete havoc with Broadband and VPN connections to work...going spend most of day walking to the BT homehub to reset it....think of the steps....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1533
    Not only did we get no snow! The snow we did get has  vanished.  Thieving bstrds round here so not surprised.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    welshboyo said:
    Close to f' all here in SW Wales - kids are disappointed even though the schools are closed.

I Work from Home so makes no difference whatsoever unless we had drifts in the kitchen...

We are getting lots of short powercuts though, really weird and is obviously playing complete havoc with Broadband and VPN connections to work...going spend most of day walking to the BT homehub to reset it....think of the steps....

Yup same here, I know my brother got it fairly bad up in the valleys so I'm heading to my fathers farm later see if there's some snow for my son to play in

• ICBMICBM Frets: 73027
    Emp_Fab said:
    What I'd like to know is what the hell the bus driver thought she was doing going that fast given the state on the road !
    That’s why I said a lot of luck. Some skill to come off the brakes and steer through it definitely - but pure luck the back wheels started to grip again before she hit the car... and that the car with the camera wasn’t further forward as well.

I would still like to know what the car driver was doing though - driving onto the wrong side of the road in that sort of visibility is just stupid. Perhaps being nearly wiped out by a bus going sideways will make them think next time...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• VibetronicVibetronic Frets: 1044
    snowed in just outside Stroud, 1ft drifts in the garden and couldn't move the car out yesterday. Was supposed to be gigging in Hackney tomorrow but that's almost certainly cancelled now  :/
  • BigBearKrisBigBearKris Frets: 1777
    edited March 2018
    Me trying to get to Tesco...

http://tinypic.com/r/2lx9h1s/9

• FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2487
    After being like "The day after tomorrow" for most of yesterday, this morning it was like "28 days later". The roads to work had about 10% of the normal traffic on them.

So it was much easier to drive my BMW like an entitled wanker.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Last night was the coldest in yonks. had 2 duvets and a blanket on the bed and actually wore pyjamas as well (I usually don't). The cat stayed on my bed for most of the night too. No more snow. Just biting cold. Today: 2 pairs of socks. 5 layers under my sheepskin flying jacket.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24646
    Me trying to get to Tesco...

http://tinypic.com/r/2lx9h1s/9

I wouldn't bother mate....

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15844
    well, we had a good 6" or so over yesterday and last night. The forces of law and order have abandoned the region and we now exist in a state of semi anarchy. Local warlords have set up strategic powerbases and there are feral gangs roaming the countryside looting and pillaging.
    But the internet is still working, so I'm good. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12542
    edited March 2018
    Yeah I'm erm "working" from home too.  Went out with my boy this morning at 8 and pavements are like skating rinks everywhere else a foot of snow.  I'm fairly sure I saw a white walker, be careful Hooty doesn't come back...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    I'm going to pop out in a bit to see if any shops in central Newport are open. We don't have food for tomorrow, sorted for tonight, and we've run out of coffee. I'm hoping people haven't been panic buying fresh meat.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Oh and it was bloody freezing in our single-skin Edwardian semi yesterday, 12.5 overnight. Started at 13 this morning and we're already up to 15, so comparatively warm. If only we'd paid to have one of the chimneys lined, we could have had a nice fire.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    Oh and it was bloody freezing in our single-skin Edwardian semi yesterday, 12.5 overnight. Started at 13 this morning and we're already up to 15, so comparatively warm. If only we'd paid to have one of the chimneys lined, we could have had a nice fire.
    The pan I left soaking in the kitchen was frozen over this morning.  Turns out that one of the windows wasn't latched properly and had blown open.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2487
    I'm going to pop out in a bit to see if any shops in central Newport are open. We don't have food for tomorrow, sorted for tonight, and we've run out of coffee. I'm hoping people haven't been panic buying fresh meat.
    I might be able to hook you up with some fresh owl.
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Edinburgh has calmed down now... So I went for a 10k run. Lovely packed snow with occasional knee high drifts .
    Water of Leith:
    https://i.imgur.com/SgQ2FPR.jpg

Dean Village: 
    https://i.imgur.com/4UQhPBB.jpg

Saw this too, just imagine how big it would be if it weren't cold!

https://i.imgur.com/k6qfHbm.jpg

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27931

A lot of the snow has gone (blown away I think).  

Obviously enough has cleared for a visitor to the front garden to make it through this morning.  I was sat at my desk when I saw her wandering along ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    The kids even went out for play time earlier... with me on duty.

Cue 400,000,000 snowballs being thrown at me by six year-olds. :lol:
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 630
    Speaking as someone who lives in Hungary (and who has to drive to the UK over the weekend!!) feel glad you didn't have the -20C we have had the last few days!!! This morning I drove to the next town on uncleared and untreated roads with a 50km/h average speed. But we are expected to have winter tires. Oh snow days don't exist here, you are expected into work regardless of weather conditions.
    Today I was essentially offroading in an Astra!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Staggers me that anyone would go out in this.
    We have 6ft snow drifts blocking the roads and loads of cars stuck.
    In Fawler they have 12ft snow drifts.

I just pushed an idiot in a RWD Beemer out of a bog.
    She said she was going to keep going to Oxford Parkway.
    I told her she has no chance to getting there but she's going to try it anyway.