'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24359
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43190440

Watch to the end of the video....  

That's a combination of fronts I've never seen before in the UK.

I've already bought all the bread, so I'm alright.
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
I'm personally responsible for all global warming
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72445

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11314
    Apparently it's going to be the coldest February weather for five years.

https://www.yachtsandyachting.com/photos/misc/yandy182696.jpg

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1305
    That makes it the coldest February this year!
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sev112sev112 Frets: 2772
    When the north, east and south wind doth blow ...
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15544
    I'll be alright where I am, if the shops run out I can just go out foraging. I noticed that next door had a big delivery from tesbury's yesterday, that should see me right for a week or so. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11879
    I’ll be driving 120miles to the airport.....wish me luck.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2478
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    21reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    FX_Munkee said:
    Yeah, but the northerners will spend the next five years moaning about haviing to wear their big coat, and how it was worse for them than anyone else
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • quarkyquarky Frets: 2777
    I am off up to Newcastle on t'train tomorrow. It takes hours on a good day so hope things aren't too bad. At least I am travelling up on work time, but I am coming back on Tuesday, and if there are big delays, that will eat into my own time.
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22973
    quarky said:
    I am off up to Newcastle on t'train tomorrow. It takes hours on a good day so hope things aren't too bad. At least I am travelling up on work time, but I am coming back on Tuesday, and if there are big delays, that will eat into my own time.
    Say hello to that fat bloke at St James's Park who never wears a shirt.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    Irony is - I live about 80 miles from the tip of Scotland and yet it looks like the terrible freeze and snow is gonna happen down south in England-shire. 
    Still, as Dylan said - you don’t need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.
    Stay safe, people. And wear thick socks.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4187
    M40 has advance weather warnings on all the signs today, supposedly Tuesday is when it kicks off for us Midlanders
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27621
    I just drove home from B'ham.

All along the M6 and A14, the overhead matrix sign things were broadcasting "severe weather warning, Tuesday".

Now, I was expecting either a proper tropical hurricane.  Maybe the coming of the next ice age.  Or a plague of locusts.

Looking at the BBC forecast, it's going to be a bit chilly, and there might be some snowflakes.

Snowflakes.

It's *February*.  It's supposed to be a bit chilly in February.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • MyrandaMyranda Frets: 2940
    TTony said:

All along the M6 and A14, the overhead matrix sign things were broadcasting "severe weather warning, Tuesday".

Now, I was expecting either a proper tropical hurricane.  Maybe the coming of the next ice age.  Or a plague of locusts.

Looking at the BBC forecast, it's going to be a bit chilly, and there might be some snowflakes.

Snowflakes.

the bbc suggested 10-20cm in places...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Myranda said:
    TTony said:

Snowflakes.

the bbc suggested 10-20cm in places...
    Yes as @TTony said the world's (not) going to end because it's a bit cold and might snow. 
    When you see 10-20cm in places in old money as 3-7 inches it doesn't seem quite as apocalyptic. 
     A friend in Canada regularly sends me pictures of his dashboard temperature reading but only when it goes below -15 or when the snows over 2ft deep. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24581
    Some places are going to get 3-7 inches?

Pah. That's nothing that.

Oh.. snow...riiiight..
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    If it snows enough in London and the south east that I can't drive around to do my teaching, I am going to be cross.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    Bucket said:
    If it snows enough in London and the south east that I can't drive around to do my teaching, I am going to be cross.
    I always wanted to write a film entitled “Jesus 2: he’s back and he’s cross”.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its looking like Thursday might be the crunch day down south.  It might even get frosty in Dorset apparently.  It will therefore be chaos as all these local drivers who have never seen snow try to drive through it by revving as hard as they can and just spinning their wheels before abandoning cars thus blocking the roads for us Northerners who grew up driving in much deeper stuff and understand how to do it properly.  Still it will be nice to have a day at home.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Hurray for rear-wheel drive and no "snow mode"! I get to stay at home. Except of course it'll never make it to South Wales, especially not the coast. It'll be, as it is now, rather cold and lovely outside. I shall be on the lookout for peanut smugglers.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom