'Ere - have you seen the weather forecast ?!

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2957
    snowing again in dorset.  its settling on top in the ice that formed on top of yesterdays snow.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5203
    Emp_Fab said:
    Me trying to get to Tesco...

http://tinypic.com/r/2lx9h1s/9

I wouldn't bother mate....

Bread.... We can only dream of bread on the shelves :) 
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    I got about half way to my studio, there's another quarter of a mile of this and it gets quite a bit deeper further on.. It was fun trying though..

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    There was snow in my attic! Only about 4 buckets, but best to catch it before it melts....
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    FX_Munkee said:
    I'm going to pop out in a bit to see if any shops in central Newport are open. We don't have food for tomorrow, sorted for tonight, and we've run out of coffee. I'm hoping people haven't been panic buying fresh meat.
    I might be able to hook you up with some fresh owl.
    Sainsbury's was full of fresh food, apart from bread. Empty of people, full of food = bliss.

I'm knackered now though. 3 miles walk in doc martens equivalents, with worn heels. 1.5 of those miles with about 10kg of shopping and no rucksack.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1750
    Bloody panic buyers. Good job I got up early this morning and went to Aldi. Managed to get the last 42 bags of sugar.
    9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    I'm on my way back from That London Town.

Bit worrying on the way there; the walk to the station goes alongside the railway line, and nary a single train passed me. Lots delayed, lots cancelled but enough running and I got a seat.

London was pretty much carrying on as  normal.

On a train home now, but it's taking the long route. Still, the heater works and it's moving.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • snakemanStoosnakemanStoo Frets: 1708
    The wind has died down here, but it's still fucking cold.

I saw a group of brass monkeys looking for a welder.
    PSN id : snakey33stoo
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Its just started chucking it down with snow here, just when I thought it'd eased up and things would clear up a bit for the weekend!
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24673
    edited March 2018
    Look at this - https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

See Swansea ? - and the Gower peninsula to the left - that the snow clouds are avoiding, and have been avoiding for the last two days ?  That's me that is.

It's like someone is holding a hairdryer over where I am.  I've barely got enough to make a snowmouse.
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    edited March 2018
    Working from home today. Traffic report first thing showed the M40 closed so I didn’t even bother. Had a few conference calls with the office and just a few made it in. 

Sent the wife and kids out to stock up on food (they went onfoot/sledge). 

They’re back now so we’re fully stocked for the weekend.

Hatches battened down and drawbridge raised. 

See you in the new world when this clears and we try and rebuild our broken country. 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    edited March 2018
    It waited until the exact moment I began my walk home from work to start snowing again.

Came 24 hours too late to give me a snow day from work, but instead the gig tonight is cancelled, I don't get to see Miss Bucket at all this weekend due to train cancellations, and so I'm spending the night in by myself. And tomorrow night. And the night after. The snow really can fucking do one now as far as I'm concerned.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 23608
    Bucket said:
    ....and so I'm spending the night in by myself. And tomorrow night. And the night after. 
    Welcome to my life.

No but seriously, sorry to hear it's fucked up your plans.  A bit of snow really shouldn't disrupt things as much as it does.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    Philly_Q said:
    Bucket said:
    ....and so I'm spending the night in by myself. And tomorrow night. And the night after. 
    Welcome to my life.

No but seriously, sorry to hear it's fucked up your plans.  A bit of snow really shouldn't disrupt things as much as it does.
    I know it's a small thing and I could use some perspective, but I'd been looking forward to this evening for weeks and now absolutely everything that was supposed to happen has been cancelled. Admittedly I'd rather not go out in this anyway but it's still really annoying.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4218
    Sat at work till 7pm looking at the heavy snow, driving home should be entertaining :)
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    Bucket said:
    It waited until the exact moment I began my walk home from work to start snowing again.

Came 24 hours too late to give me a snow day from work, but instead the gig tonight is cancelled, I don't get to see Miss Bucket at all this weekend due to train cancellations, and so I'm spending the night in by myself. And tomorrow night. And the night after. The snow really can fucking do one now as far as I'm concerned.
    Woo hoo party at Bucket's, oh no wait no one can get anywhere, damn snow....
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2489
    Emp_Fab said:
    Look at this - https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

See Swansea ? - and the Gower peninsula to the left - that the snow clouds are avoiding, and have been avoiding for the last two days ?  That's me that is.

It's like someone is holding a hairdryer over where I am.  I've barely got enough to make a snowmouse.
    Maybe all that shouting at them is actually working?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11429
    I'm with @Bucket, I've had enough of this.

Dear Snow,
    Please bugger off.
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    I feel really left out. We've had so little snow and what we had has gone. Just bloody windy and freezing.
    Haven't even used the new bottle of deicer I bought.
    Enjoy :)

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    octatonic said:
    Staggers me that anyone would go out in this.
    We have 6ft snow drifts blocking the roads and loads of cars stuck.
    In Fawler they have 12ft snow drifts.

I just pushed an idiot in a RWD Beemer out of a bog.
    She said she was going to keep going to Oxford Parkway.
    I told her she has no chance to getting there but she's going to try it anyway.

Maybe she works at John Radcliff?

I'm staggered that people think everyone works in an office and that it doesn't matter if they have a couple of days off. I'm very grateful Southern Electric went out in this to turn our power back on last night at 1am.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom