Bacon Sarnie Recipes

What's Hot

Comments

• Bacon
    Egg (runny yolk essential)
    3 slices of bread - 2 for the sandwich and 1 on the plate to catch the yolk run off

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1809
    Ultimate pimped up bacon sarnie for me

1 rasher unsmoked back bacon soft
    2 rashers smoked streaky
    2 slices of crispy pancetta
    1/4 avocado
    cholula chilli sauce
    toasted fresh baked sour dough with a nice dark crust.

alternatively cheap salty bacon from the burger van at the end of the road wonderloaf, brown sauce.

washed down with a Keef Richards 6 shots of espresso and Mexican chocolate mix well. 

YMMV

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4379

People aren't being specific enough about their bacon.

It MUST be smoked. There is little point in un-smoked bacon. This is fact.

Bread - mustard instead of butter - 4 rashers, crispy - more mustard and some tomato sauce - bread

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• Buttered white bread (thick white slices or a baguette/ciabatta), fatty bacon and extra hot Reggae Reggae Sauce. With a cup of tea.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Bacon is bad for you but it's alot worse for the donor. Here's the usual pre tenderised bacon, done using wooden bats, electric prods or a simple hammer to the head. 

I assume you didn't post a picture from the UK because it didn't show the mistreatment you wanted?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2665
    Thick white bread (from a bloomer is the best for me)
    Fried bacon until slightly crispy
    Thinly spread butter on bread
    Ketchup
    Thin layer of English Mustard

Trust me, it's lush. I've eaten bacon sarnies for more than 20 years with the mustard/ketchup combination. It's a winner.
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 176
    I would agree it has to be Smoked Bacon,.. delicious stuff..
  • vizviz Frets: 10773
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12578
    muffin, fried bacon (or pancetta if feeling exotic) fried egg, processed bright yellow cheese slice, ketchup, mustard.  Making my mouth water thing about it...
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 14008
    FX_Munkee said:
    I fear what you have described is a BLT with extra toppings.
    A "Bacon Sarnie" is bacon, in some bread.
    Toast the bread and you have a club sandwich

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7897
    Sporky said:
    Bacon is bad for you but it's alot worse for the donor. Here's the usual pre tenderised bacon, done using wooden bats, electric prods or a simple hammer to the head. 

I assume you didn't post a picture from the UK because it didn't show the mistreatment you wanted?
    @Sporky I though posting that pic would be less disturbing than this commonplace setup

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/pig-farm-horror-rotting-piglets-10682183
    No country has better or worse co ditions, tthey are all appalling. I can understand if course why you'd prefer to think that your bacon is better, human nature. 
    Sporky said:

@Sporky I though posting that pic would be less disturbing than this commonplace setup

No country has better or worse co ditions, tthey are all appalling. I can understand if course why you'd prefer to think that your bacon is better, human nature. 
    Where you say that that is commonplace, I assume you can back up that claim? Only the article certainly suggests it is not normal at all - as does that it was reported on.

As for no country having better or worse conditions, that's another claim you need to back up.

Unless the aim of your posts is just to troll the thread, of course...
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15860
    edited March 2018
    I know a chap who used to be a mobile slaughter man, he'd go round the farms and small holdings killing stock. He generally used a rifle to the skull then bleed them out, very low stress and often the animal had no idea what was about to happen. He had to stop (partly due to age anyways) as increasing regulations meant that farmers and small holders couldn't sell the meat from these animals. Now they have to send them, often many miles, to a slaughter house.
    Don't get me wrong, the meat still tastes fucking fantastic (and the self righteous angst from the vegans is delicious) but hardly an improvement IMO.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Surely the fact that such a big deal was made in that article suggests that it’s anything but commonplace?

Also, along with the disturbing photo you posted, you described it as ‘the usual’ - again I’m guessing this is actually far from ‘the usual’ in modern animal farming? 

Obviously there are going to be individuals who treat animals in an appalling manner, that’s saddening and disappointing, but is there any evidence that this is in fact ‘commonplace’ and ‘usual’ ?
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited March 2018
    Nearly three pages in and not one person has put "little cubes of potato" in their recipie. Do you hear that Ginsters? DO YOU FUCKING HEAR IT?

They're not what people want to eat, so stop sneaking them into your slices, FFS!
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1252
    VimFuego said:
    I know a chap who used to be a mobile slaughter man, he'd go round the farms and small holdings killing stock. He generally used a rifle to the skull then bleed them out, very low stress and often the animal had no idea what was about to happen. He had to stop (partly due to age anyways) as increasing regulations meant that farmers and small holders couldn't sell the meat from these animals. Now they have to send them, often many miles, to a slaughter house.
    Don't get me wrong, the meat still tastes fucking fantastic (and the self righteous angst from the vegans is delicious) but hardly an improvement IMO.

That's why my neighbour stopped rearing pigs. By the time he hauled them to the nearest slaughterhouse, paid them to butcher and package them, it wasn't profitable.

That daily fail article is scarce on the facts. I don't agree with that scale of animal farming, but that article is manipulating the facts. I'd guess the dead piglets are in a holding container awaiting disposal, which they should be, while awaiting incineration.
    Fair enough the dead pig should of been removed, but pigs really will eat anything.
    And I've yet to see a clean pig. They're generally at their happiest digging/rolling in the wettest bit of the field they can find, especially in summer. They're brilliant animals for digging up any roots, provided you make sure the ground is wet enough for them to dig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    1. FRIED bacon (not grilled or microwaved)
    2. BUTTERED brown bread (Anchor salted butter none of this healthy crap)
    3. Tomato sauce + black pepper + (if bacon is unsmoked) salt
    4. Brown sauce if available
    5. + egg fried in bacon fat if extra hungry
    Alternative to 3,4,5: Marmite. (Never tried it with any of 3,4,5, but is a wonderful alternative)

"Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    LuttiS said:
    * Warburtons Bread

And if you're feeling special, cut the bacon into little bitsize squares before putting between bread. Better bacon/bread coverage, and no pulling out a whoel rasher of bacon on a soft bite.
    Warburtons is Halal certified, so not Warburtons bread, thank you.

Second the poster/s who basically said bacon in a roll. No butter, but maybe a little sauce.
    Bacon in a thin bagel is pretty good too. A normal bagel is too thick for the job, but a thin one maintains a good bread/bacon ratio, but doesn't fall apart as some bread can.
  • VimFuego said:
    I think my objection to grilling is that the fat has to drip somewhere, which will need cleaning. When you fry, it stays there and can be used for further artery clogging goodness.

Good for seasoning carbon steel or cast iron pans.