Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Axe_FX II Rigs, or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love Digital Modelling.

What's Hot

Comments

• Si_Si_ Frets: 384
    This is exactly what I mean when I complain about their firmware release policy.. Errors like this should never be in a firmware that's released to the public. It's a good example of a company being run by a techie rather that a business man. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33964
    This is why I don't upgrade as they are released.
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 27086
    Si_ said:
    This is exactly what I mean when I complain about their firmware release policy.. Errors like this should never be in a firmware that's released to the public. It's a good example of a company being run by a techie rather that a business man. 

As I recall, Cliff was fairly scathing over Kemper's beta firmware and the lack of testing...
    <space for hire>
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Si_ said:

I'd actually say it's the other way round. Techies - developers especially! - want to get updates out there, and they're willing to cut a lot of corners to do it. I spend a lot of my time controlling this!
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    so what's the verdict on 15.02?
    play every note as if it were your first
    Installed it but haven't touched it yet!
    edited June 2014
    Does anyone know how I can get a scene to revert to it's default setting when I re-select it.

Currently if i enable an FX block within a scene, then switch to another scene, then back to the original one the FX block is still enabled, I want it to revert to it's default setting.

There is an option called scene revert somewhere in the menus
    I fucking love the Axe FX. So easy to get brilliant tones.
    Enough to move to using it 100% or are you still nervous about using it live?
    Still nervous about live. Mainly from a tech angle, rather than a tones angle. But for recording, I'm using it 100% now. For bass as well.
    What are your live concerns?

I don't record, I only use mine live and haven't had any issues.
    Well I've got a Behringher FCB1010 on the way. So I'll be covered for control as soon as I fit the Uno chip into it. I've got my Carlsbro PA valve head. That'll be worth giving a go for amplification initially. Then I'll go into a real cab, so no modelling requirement there. Then it's a case of building patches and learning an entirely new (or almost entirely new) workflow for live.

So I *will* have everything I need to try it out. But because of the band-woes we've been going through, rehearsals have been scarce. So I have not really wanted to divert practice and writing time into tone experiments. Although I know really that this is what I need to do.

I'm sure the Axe will be able to deliver, but it'll take a lot of experimenting which I don't quite have the time for.

@Drew_fx matey.. you're only up the road from me.. London and Berks are not that far apart.. the offer is still open for you to try my Matrix and Marshall poweramps through Marshall 4x12 cabs..

I reckon it'll be a "kill or cure" thing.. so either way you'll get the right answer.. you'll either think "meh.." and it'll kill the contemplating [and GAS urges] for good.. or you'll love it and know what bits to start looking for

either way, you'll know with absolute certainty that the setup you need to head for and if the xe can / cannot play a part in your stage needs..

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Where abouts in Berks guv?
    near Wokingham
    Yeah fairly close, but a bit of a mission for me to get there since I don't drive. Mehhhhhh. I do appreciate the offer dude, and would be well up for it otherwise!

you can always jump on a train from Paddington to Reading.. I'll pick you up..

you only need a guitar and you.. I can have a word with mate who owns a rehearsal studio in town, see what he can sort out..

you can mail me a few presets and I can load them into my Axe ready for ya.. then you can dial them in at gig volume to see how they sound and feel.. if you come up with somethnig you like, I can mail them back to you later..

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Okay... sounds like a plan. Are you thinking week days/night/end???
    personally, I reckon day time during the week could work out good..
    I'll talk to my mate and find out studio availability etc...