The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• Kemper need a proper QA Manager by the looks of it.

Bye!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10387
    Used it once. Couldn't be arsed with it. 
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    New Rig Manager and beta OS is up for download... here's hoping it actually fixes stuff.
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    FarleyUK said:
    New Rig Manager and beta OS is up for download... here's hoping it actually fixes stuff.

I'm going to wait for the production version.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    FarleyUK said:
    Give us an update after you've have had a go on it.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • chrishill901chrishill901 Frets: 517
    edited January 2020
    First gig with the Kemper and Laney LFR112 on Friday...

...wow. Such a great piece of kit the Kemper is. The morph feature is superb for tapered solo boosts and the sound is just great. The Laney is brilliant; I had the volume in 2/3rds and it was plenty loud and because of the multiple outs I could feed my iems to monitor myself. Overall I’m a happy bunny.

If you want to see a shameless plug of my bands Facebook page a video of it in action you can check it out here. And please bear in mind it was not only my first gig with the Kemper but the bands first gig full stop.

https://www.facebook.com/CoralSnakeBand/videos/168893137855450/

edit: should mention only the vocals are going through the PA

Check out my band Coral Snake if you like original hard rock!

• First gig with the Kemper and Laney LFR112 on Friday...

...wow. Such a great piece of kit the Kemper is. The morph feature is superb for tapered solo boosts and the sound is just great. The Laney is brilliant; I had the volume in 2/3rds and it was plenty loud and because of the multiple outs I could feed my iems to monitor myself. Overall I’m a happy bunny.

If you want to see a shameless plug of my bands Facebook page a video of it in action you can check it out here. And please bear in mind it was not only my first gig with the Kemper but the bands first gig full stop.

Which profiles did you use?

Top Jimi AFD100 #34 for all Les Paul stuff, and then the Reampzone PRS MT15 but with the cab from the Top Jimi profile I used for the stuff with the EVH guitar (just so there wasn't an obvious difference in the type of sound, it was just the amp head that changed not the full rig.)

Top Jimi AFD100 #34 for all Les Paul stuff, and then the Reampzone PRS MT15 but with the cab from the Top Jimi profile I used for the stuff with the EVH guitar (just so there wasn't an obvious difference in the type of sound, it was just the amp head that changed not the full rig.)
    Great stuff. Check out Guidorists profiles to me they are in a different league.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Great stuff. Check out Guidorists profiles to me they are in a different league.
    Never tried those profiles before - the demos sound absolutely amazing, will definitely have to give them a go!

• IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 146

I don't have a Kemper, but your band sound right up my street!! Great playing on your promo clips, are you going to be playing in Nottingham at all?

Never tried those profiles before - the demos sound absolutely amazing, will definitely have to give them a go!
    I just tried a load of them.... not as good as TopJimi's Caswell JCM profiles IMO. Those really do have a magic ingredient!
  • FarleyUK said:

I just tried a load of them.... not as good as TopJimi's Caswell JCM profiles IMO. Those really do have a magic ingredient!
    I find for me the TopJimi stuff is great through my studio monitors at home volumes, but are too bright when wound up to gig volume running through our PA. The Guidorist profiles can sound dark and muddy playing at home but really come alive at gig volumes.
  • @IMC1980 thanks - no plans to play nottingham yet, we want more originals under our belt before we take to the road. We did that gig at a local place with covers (and 2 originals) just to blow off the cobwebs as I hadn't gigged in 4 years.

@kennedydream1980 - I think it depends on your amplification perhaps? I find most commercial profiles way too dark and muddy both in practice and live but I use the Laney which sounds more like an amp. The TopJimi stuff sounds phenomenal with my Laney and possibly the same for people who play through power amps and regular cabs? On the rare occasion I use my studio monitors (tend to just play through my blackstar fly at home) I do find that the darker profiles sound better. I do find on my IEMs that the sound is very bright when gigging the TopJimi profiles too, which presumably is closer to what would be replicated by a PA.

@IMC1980 thanks - no plans to play nottingham yet, we want more originals under our belt before we take to the road. We did that gig at a local place with covers (and 2 originals) just to blow off the cobwebs as I hadn't gigged in 4 years.

@kennedydream1980 - I think it depends on your amplification perhaps? I find most commercial profiles way too dark and muddy both in practice and live but I use the Laney which sounds more like an amp. The TopJimi stuff sounds phenomenal with my Laney and possibly the same for people who play through power amps and regular cabs? On the rare occasion I use my studio monitors (tend to just play through my blackstar fly at home) I do find that the darker profiles sound better. I do find on my IEMs that the sound is very bright when gigging the TopJimi profiles too, which presumably is closer to what would be replicated by a PA.
    I use 2 RedSound FrFr cabs - but I always do a hi cut at around 7k.
    Has anyone seen a Youtube demo from NAMM of the acoustic simulator?
  • @IMC1980 thanks - no plans to play nottingham yet, we want more originals under our belt before we take to the road. We did that gig at a local place with covers (and 2 originals) just to blow off the cobwebs as I hadn't gigged in 4 years.

Yeah makes sense. I run direct and monitor with iem’s.
  • kennedydream1980kennedydream1980 Frets: 1165
    edited January 2020

crunchman said:
    One here:

https://fbwat.ch/1kwm4BpdcAus3z7U

crunchman said:
    One here:

https://fbwat.ch/1kwm4BpdcAus3z7U

Thanks

Allowing for the phone mic, that sounds like it has potential.
    edited January 2020
    New beta released.

.....which breaks everything the previous beta fixed.

FFS, come on Kemper. Are you not testing these at all before releasing them?