The Kemper thread

What's Hot

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    Freebird said:
    I think they felt pressured to get the beta version out there, so if you are doing anything more than messing about, I'd use the latest official version as this release is for the guinea pigs.

I've been holdng off on all the releases until the official version is out.  I've normally left it a couple of weeks after that to play it safe as well.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to say that my Kemper is by far the best music thing I've EVER bought. Hands down. I've got a 1988 Les Paul which I absolutely adore, but that KPA is so bloody versatile and stops my neighbours from having to hear 100 watts of pain from my valve amp  =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited December 2019
    framester said:
    I have to say that my Kemper is by far the best music thing I've EVER bought. Hands down. I've got a 1988 Les Paul which I absolutely adore, but that KPA is so bloody versatile and stops my neighbours from having to hear 100 watts of pain from my valve amp 
    Me too. It's great on synths as well, and other stuff. BTW, I've got an '89 LP with Bill Lawrence pups, and it sings with Pete's Wizard profiles  ;)
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • I'm going to hold off updating my stage until all the bugs are worked out and the official version of the editor and the latest firmware are released. 

On another note after trying loads of profiles from M Britt, TopJimi, Marco Fanton plus a few more I've settled on a profile from Rick Beato. It's the profile of his modded Marshall Super Lead. I can go from Clean to full on high gain just from using my guitar volume using this profile. It's superb.  
  • AndyJPAndyJP Frets: 221
    Nice, didn't know Beato offered kemper profiles. Will have a squiz.
  • AndyJP said:
    Nice, didn't know Beato offered kemper profiles. Will have a squiz.
    https://flatfiv.co/collections/rick-beato
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 635
    Right lads - I've got a Kemper landing next week curtiousy of @AndyJP ;. Super excited to check it out. It'll be used for home use only atm. I'll be playing through a pair of Genelec monitors.

Calling @Wazmeister @Jonathanthomas83 @AndyJP and all on this thread...
    What would be your tips for the first week with a Kemper? Any links to vids etc? It'll have some pre-loaded paid for profiles.
  • @BBBlues congratulations, you won't be disappointed. It's awesome. First thing to do is install Rig Manager and familiarise yourself with the stock profiles - they are great.

If you use high gain, notch off the high and low frequencies and look at some of the real cab values to suit to taste.

Kemper have official tutorials for most things, look up the official channel on YouTube. They're worth a watch.

Read the manual, if you can.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11519
    Get the rmpachecho Morgan AC20 profile from the rig exchange.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    crunchman said:
    Get the rmpachecho Morgan AC20 profile from the rig exchange.
    Agreed. It's the first profile anyone should try 
    @BBBlues congratulations, you won't be disappointed. It's awesome. First thing to do is install Rig Manager and familiarise yourself with the stock profiles - they are great.

If you use high gain, notch off the high and low frequencies and look at some of the real cab values to suit to taste.

Kemper have official tutorials for most things, look up the official channel on YouTube. They're worth a watch.

When you coming back?  ;)
  • Freebird said:
    @BBBlues congratulations, you won't be disappointed. It's awesome. First thing to do is install Rig Manager and familiarise yourself with the stock profiles - they are great.

When you coming back?  ;)
    Haha, never say never but I'm loving my new setup. Saw a Kemper rack today though and it reminded me of how fuckin cool those things are!

edited January 2020
    Freebird said:
    When you coming back? 
    Haha, never say never but I'm loving my new setup. Saw a Kemper rack today though and it reminded me of how fuckin cool those things are!
    Said it before, I don't think they directly compete against one another, and each has their own strengths and weaknesses. In a world of multi-guitar ownership, I'd ideally have both 

edited January 2020
    Double post.
  • Freebird said:
    Freebird said:
    Freebird said:
    When you coming back? 
    Said it before, I don't think they directly compete against one another, and each has their own strengths and weaknesses. In a world of multi-guitar ownership, I'd ideally have both 

No, I completely agree. I just never used any other tones on the thing except the tones of the two amps I now own :-)

edited January 2020
    No, I completely agree. I just never used any other tones on the thing except the tones of the two amps I now own :-)
    You need to widen your horizons, I use at least 100 hundred amps on every track, and that's just in the intro!
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Spent a bit of time browsing through the stock profiles on my Kemper Stage. Stumbled across the Guidorist Bogner XTC profile, it sounds absolutely fantastic and right up my street. Turns out he is a Lukather fan!! 

Went to his website and bought the pack, worked out at £4.50ish. What I like about his packs is they are straight to the point, he's basically found the sweet spot on the amp at various gain stages and provided profiles for each one. So I think there are 14 profiles in all. (7 merged and 7 studio).
  • Freebird said:
    You need to widen your horizons, I use at least 100 hundred amps on every track, and that's just in the intro!
    All my tracks are intros.

Bye!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2450
    My God, the beta for OS7 and Rig Manager 3 is annoying. I've had no end of bugs - including some pretty critical ones (such as getting to rehearsal last night and finding that my main performance had been over-written by the performance in slot 1.... which I never use, and had not made any changes to the Kemper for 3 hours before shutting down prior to rehearsal).

Other problems I've found:

- Cannot load a rig when in performance mode. Right clicking and 'preview in editor' doesn't work
    - Using a second window to drag and drop a rig to a performance slot often will not show that rig's FX chain.... even though there are FX in the chain
    - Using a second window to drag and drop a rig to a performance slot will also sometimes (when the the FX chain IS visible) keep that FX chain even when navigating to another performance slot

Going back to the latest stable release as this is just causing far too many headaches. Kemper seem to think it's something to do with the head not communicating with the laptop - even though a lot of other users are having the same issues.

Anyone else here on the beta? Have you encountered similar issues?
  • FarleyUK said:
    My God, the beta for OS7 and Rig Manager 3 is annoying. I've had no end of bugs - including some pretty critical ones (such as getting to rehearsal last night and finding that my main performance had been over-written by the performance in slot 1.... which I never use, and had not made any changes to the Kemper for 3 hours before shutting down prior to rehearsal).

Other problems I've found:

- Cannot load a rig when in performance mode. Right clicking and 'preview in editor' doesn't work
    - Using a second window to drag and drop a rig to a performance slot often will not show that rig's FX chain.... even though there are FX in the chain
    - Using a second window to drag and drop a rig to a performance slot will also sometimes (when the the FX chain IS visible) keep that FX chain even when navigating to another performance slot

Going back to the latest stable release as this is just causing far too many headaches. Kemper seem to think it's something to do with the head not communicating with the laptop - even though a lot of other users are having the same issues.

Anyone else here on the beta? Have you encountered similar issues?
    Yep, performance mode editing is a mess, completely broken. Can’t access any of my effects presets either unless I’m doing something wrong. I normally have to shut down and reload rig manager every time to get it to preview rigs. And you can’t type in values on any parameters? WTF?

As someone who mainly needs to create performances using existing presets they may as well not have bothered.